Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeleton keys

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Exactly how do you get a skeleton key? ive been looking through the interwebs and all ive found out that the bosses you need the keys from drop them.

its a bit silly that the keys themselves are locked behind the doors they're supposed to open.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I have only been in one Wooden Skeleton Key room, but I have been there twice. The key was collected in another battle unrelated to the Wooden Skeleton Key room battle. I have since collect other Wooden Skeleton keys and have been told by others that they have other keys, IE. Stone and gold.
I personally know of only two rooms that use the Wooden Skeleton Key, and have not yet found any other kind. I have not had nor been told of a Skeleton Room battle where a key was dropped. Not saying it can't happen.
best of luck

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
Some of the dungeons where the locked rooms are found have possible drops of skeleton keys - wooden or stone keys keys with skulls on them. If you go in the Himoolayan dungeon, Zigzag Dungeons, and Barkingham Palace you can run the regular quests for the unlocked areas. During those fights, there is a chance you might get a key. If so, you can use it to let your team into the locked room, or save it for another time. I know there is at least one locked room I saw in a regular quest area, not a dungeon, in Avalon's crystal caves. If you hadn't run those dungeons I mentioned, and obtained a key there, I can see why you were wondering about it.

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
tomi199 on Nov 8, 2015 wrote:
Exactly how do you get a skeleton key? ive been looking through the interwebs and all ive found out that the bosses you need the keys from drop them.

its a bit silly that the keys themselves are locked behind the doors they're supposed to open.
you can get them from battles with all four oni's as well as rank 7 rattlebones.Ithink maybe somebody in the waterworks does too?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Jade Oni drops Wooden Keys quite often as well as the Ultra dungeons that drop keys as well. The regular bosses in Barkingham Palace drop Wooden Keys and in Lower Zigzag Stone Keys. The Ultra dungeons for Meowiarty, Rattlebones and Krokopatra drop Gold Keys.