Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

shadow ward similar to how mass prisms work

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
I've been thinking about a kind of mass prism-like shadow ward spell that you could cast on all friends for 1 shadow pip. this kind of prism-like ward would look similar to an absorb ward. what it does is whenever you take damage, that amount of damage would be absorbed and converted to health instead of damage being taken. so if your in a tough spot with critical health left, an attack would heal you for that exact amount of damage rather than having that damage be taken to you, and survive a bit longer. although it wouldn't seem that useful if the enemy deals a small amount of damage to you while that ward is on you. the heal from it is not affected by heal charms, but can be boosted from your incoming healing.

I think a lot about shadow spells and what kind of them could be made that may sound cool, though it may have its downsides to it that I may have not put enough thought into that yet. --

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
Some of the downsides to this is that sometimes, if a creature (or player, if you PvP) has many blades and traps, you would be healed completely, which could be unfair to the creature/player.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Matthew SilverWhis... on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
I've been thinking about a kind of mass prism-like shadow ward spell that you could cast on all friends for 1 shadow pip. this kind of prism-like ward would look similar to an absorb ward. what it does is whenever you take damage, that amount of damage would be absorbed and converted to health instead of damage being taken. so if your in a tough spot with critical health left, an attack would heal you for that exact amount of damage rather than having that damage be taken to you, and survive a bit longer. although it wouldn't seem that useful if the enemy deals a small amount of damage to you while that ward is on you. the heal from it is not affected by heal charms, but can be boosted from your incoming healing.

I think a lot about shadow spells and what kind of them could be made that may sound cool, though it may have its downsides to it that I may have not put enough thought into that yet. --
That's sounds like a great idea for a new shadow spell. Though the shadow pip cost might end up being a bit higher.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Matthew SilverWhis... on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:

Awesome, but WAAAAY too OP. If this existed, the user would be defeated after a certain number of turns, say 5. This would mess up a storm battle.
I use storm owl on a guy who has this up. He heals for twenty thousand.

Survivor
Jul 20, 2012
hmm, lets say that a max limit of heal from the damage would be about, 1,000-1,500. and the rest if its more than that amount, would deal the left over damage. like the absorb shield, when its damage absorbed reaches its limit, the left over would deal damage.