Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is celestia really what we think it is

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
This world was amazing no matter what level you are. The music soundtacks wether its where you are or if its battle are out are out of this world(pun ). what i mean of this is that celestia is a world that takes place underwater but it represents so much more i mean if it was a world for just underwater nothing else it would introduce at least a school of water. But no they made celestia so much more by introducing three elements(,,,)which don't even compare to underwater at all. all of these compare to something not underwater but something in outer space(spiral as you may call it)which really applies once you get to the final duengons including the one where you meet Morganthe for the first time. For a world that starts off a arc i give this 10/10 on detail, animation, and story. Well partially on the story. So what i'm saying is that even though we pretty much where this world takes place we don't really know what its about. Is it about the sea or space.the real question is where does this world take place is it a world entirely of water(probably except for that one island XD) or what is the real purpose Kingsisle made this world compared to its surrundings.This world stands out cause it sticks out from its surroundings unlike other worlds like Avalon(medieval), Zafaria(savannah),Krokotopia(desert). still you did great work but what is celestia really is it a world of extraterrastrials(aliens) or is it just a world that Kingsisle just wanted to mess around with us by not making a good storyline. So there could never be an awnser and i'm completely fine with that cause this world was one of the best there is in this game

Defender
Apr 05, 2013
Well, a little something to think about: The name Celestia is based off of the word "celestial", which means heavenly, astral, or extraterrestrial. There are many references to astronomy and aliens, so here's my speculation:

Celestia is an ancient world that was once full of these "alien" creatures known as the Celestians. These Celestians were positioned in a more, err, spacial place in the spiral. So, they had a lot of astronomy in their world, and of course, they studied all the stars and the sun and the moons to learn more about their world. And in their research, they discovered astral magic. Celestia, with the discovery of such powerful magic, reached a golden age in which they built many fine structures that became the ruins we know and love today, made possibly even more advances in astral magic and astronomy, and possible had a whole civilization with... aliens. Unfortunately, something devastating must have happened to Celestia (perhaps it has something to do with a great flood that may have occured) and their civilization was lost, and became the underwater ruins they are today.

Sorry if I got anything wrong, it's been over a year since I've been in Celestia lol. But I think this is about right.

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
Sarah Waterbreeze on Dec 4, 2015 wrote:
Well, a little something to think about: The name Celestia is based off of the word "celestial", which means heavenly, astral, or extraterrestrial. There are many references to astronomy and aliens, so here's my speculation:

Celestia is an ancient world that was once full of these "alien" creatures known as the Celestians. These Celestians were positioned in a more, err, spacial place in the spiral. So, they had a lot of astronomy in their world, and of course, they studied all the stars and the sun and the moons to learn more about their world. And in their research, they discovered astral magic. Celestia, with the discovery of such powerful magic, reached a golden age in which they built many fine structures that became the ruins we know and love today, made possibly even more advances in astral magic and astronomy, and possible had a whole civilization with... aliens. Unfortunately, something devastating must have happened to Celestia (perhaps it has something to do with a great flood that may have occured) and their civilization was lost, and became the underwater ruins they are today.

Sorry if I got anything wrong, it's been over a year since I've been in Celestia lol. But I think this is about right.
what you said was actually pretty good speculation about what celestia was and i don't know why i didn't see the celestai and the celestial thing before.Another thing that could've happened in celestia was that they were actually the strongest world in the spiral and advances and probably were allies with Azteca,Wizard city,and Khrysalis due to those worlds religions with ,,. But i'm not so sure that Khrysalis was allies with them for too long cause of their common uses of magic and that is like the opposite of all astral types of magic. The extraterrestrials probably are there cause of raging wars going on in their spiral and came to celestia(which was renamed due to their arrival) which at that time was actually a more aquatic themed world but actually went into war (other known as the celestian war) after each section of the world worshipped their own kind of gods.finally the moon god(Ptomelos) , sun god(Mithraya), and the star god(Astrues) ordered the world to stop or else they would move to another world along with all of their technology which of coarse ordered them to stop.Which is why a lot of the world is in ruins. but after their war ended they were discovered and taken in from Morganthe.

don't know if you think this could be true or not but please say what you think Micheal JadeSinger

Survivor
Aug 29, 2010
i'm really impressed with the amount of people that are interested in this theory about what celestia might be about P.S. Kingsisle maybe you can say the backstory of celestia and if you already did sorry its been a long time for me.
Micheal JadeSinger

Survivor
Sep 10, 2009
I engaged in a very, very lengthy discussion similar to this on the UK forums. Celestia (and DragonSpyre) to me will always be special because they both are similar in many ways. Celestia, an advanced society who believed in the stars and made it the bedrock of their society. I'll give a rundown on my theory of Celestia. I'm going to go back to the beginning of time, in order to explain how Celestia came to be. As stated in one of the dialogues. Celestia's spiral door was shut for aeons (don't quote but it was definitely for a long time) which meant that Celestia could be one of the oldest worlds, like Azteca. It is vital that you place things in context, because that helps you understand the bigger picture. I believe Celestia was located not at the edge of the spiral, but a fair distance away from the centre. On the UK forums, many speculated that Celestia was located in space but I beg to differ. I believe that Celestia was an actual planet. But the war with Morganthe meant that the Astral wizards of Celestia must of invoked the Storm Titan to end the war. But the Storm Titan's motive for ending the war is what creates ambiguity. We are told in the dialogue that the Storm Titan betrayed the Celestians. Sounds similar to what happened in DragonSpyre. If you take a look on the domes in District of The Stars (my new home) you will see an arrangement of lines, like constellations. The Archivist mentioned that Celestia's Magic is based on the movement of celestial bodies. Most people seem to believe that Astral magic originated from Celestia. I think that the ancient Celestians were one of the first practitioners of Astral magic and if you base your whole world on Astral magic, then your Astral magic will be coveted. No surprise that Morganthe wanted to learn it.