Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Dot Spell

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 08, 2010
dots really should be fire only, but ofc poison and frostbite.

Explorer
May 08, 2010
PVP is already broken with Ice, I would rather see a + 50 - 100 % Pierce Charm added to counter resist.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2015
I believe something along the lines of this
Thunderstorm
Cost 4 Pips Does 250 first hit and 300 damage for next 3 rounds
accuracy the usual 70% (seriously most storm spells have the exact same accuracy)
this could be your end of Krokosphinx award. (all other classes get an award after Krokosphinx except storm)

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
NikSoulSword on Dec 8, 2015 wrote:
Thunderstorm
accuracy the usual 70% (seriously most storm spells have the exact same accuracy)
this could be your end of Krokosphinx award. (all other classes get an award after Krokosphinx except storm)
Uhh... we aren't in krokotopia anymore; we need it higher.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
Hmm maybe it shouldn't be all round then.

Single target

400 damage first round, 250 damage over too rounds.

Or it has a chance to hit all, witch will reduce the damage. And accuracy does not effect it.

25% chance to hit all.

300 damage first round, 200 damage over 3 rounds. (To all)

The same accuracy will be the same. (70%)

1 pip and 4, 7, or 8 shadow pips.

This is also another idea I had for fire.

Fire Aspect

(Idea comes from the game Minecraft)

1 pip, and 7, or 8 shadow pips to cast. (I was thinking per pip but it would be too overpowered)

750 damage to all, 450 damage to all and a 5% chance to stun entire team. (Very low chance)

I am also open to suggestions about the storm spell to. Everyone has their opinion on how they play. Do not take this seriously, it is an idea and that's that. So don't make it more of a problem then it has to be.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
NikSoulSword on Dec 8, 2015 wrote:
Thunderstorm
I agree with Malvin, it shouldn't be that low for pips. Instead it should be a pip and prob 7 or 8 power pips. But the 70% accuracy, It may need to be lower because certain storms (mostly everyone) have almost one hundred percent accuracy. Prob 50-70% accuracy due to the fact that storm would be overpowered with a dot. Plus people said there shouldn't be another life AoE, Wizard101 made it anyway, but its not as overpowered. Its balanced out well. 460 damage to them and 460 health to you. In one of my friends opinions, life got a death spell. But I agree there should be more ways to remove Dot's and I also wish there was a spell that could remove all stun shields but one. If there is one remaining then it won't do anything.. it would just be a waste. But to make my point a storm Dot would be overpowered, but there is no sense in balancing it out in a way so it works and feels right.

Explorer
Dec 29, 2008
runningwithfriends on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
Bad. Storm will never get a DoT spell.

Firstly, if storm got a dot spell, it would be impossible to have a defense against storms huge damage. That alone would make storm OP. You would never get to shield against a storm, both in PvP, and in the normal game. They could just use their damage DoT to clear your shields, then attack with a powerful attack like Glowbugs.

Now, let's talk about your specific spell.

Over 1,600 damage DoT to all enemies, PLUS a stun? That's so incredibly overpowered I don't know what to say.
Yeah I realized that was overpowered. Just remove the stun then. The damage was off too... prop half that off to 800 damage total.

Explorer
Dec 02, 2014
ok how about this instead for a new storm dot spell

dot
name ship wreak
1 shadow pip 6 normal pips
dose 500 to 700 damge over 3 rounds hits all enemy's gives 35% blade to caster has a 10% chance that it may back fire and cast on the caster instead of the enemy.
what it look like a ship floating in a nice day all suddan could start to form and the god of the sea comes out of the water make wave hit the ship lighting striking the sail setting it on fire and rain pooring out the sky the ship slames into the enemy or you smashing the ship to pieces

now i think this spell would be a little strong but at the same time well balance for a storm spell i know storm is strong but i do not think it shouldn't get a over time spell just because there strong i think they should have one to help make it more interesting but i don't think it needs to be op i think this would work because it has good power but not to much and a 10% chance to back fire on the caster making it a risk to use this spell but at the same time it also helps the storm get a uperhand in battle without making the battle to unfair also there frozen armor tower and even storm shields that you can cast even a ice spell that removes over time so it wont make storm to hard to kill it will be like when they casted storm elf on us when we were low levels but this time stronger