Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tired of rude and inconsiderate players

AuthorMessage
Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Grrr! I just need to rant about something for a second:

Just was in Dragonspyre, fighting one of the statue bosses with my death wizard. I had spent several rounds building up my traps and blades, almost to the point where I could use them. Mind you, as death, I need that big final hit to restore my health after taking hits for several rounds. And then this exalted life wizard shows up, jumps into my battle uninvited, and uses her attack to steal all my feints and other traps! So she ends the battle with her hit, leaving me having low health, and my big hit stolen. Her weak "sorry" after it was over in no way excuses everything that went before. What gives? Exalted wizards don't even belong in DS, let alone stealing the work of wizards who are there questing. If they come, they should at least have a little courtesy.

It is so simple to ask, "mind if I join you?" Also simple to look at a fight and see when someone else has put five traps on an enemy, and think, "maybe that other wizard who was here solo putting all those traps might actually want to use them."

Really, when will players learn to have even a modicum of consideration for other players?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
FinnAgainWindrider on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
Grrr! I just need to rant about something for a second:

Just was in Dragonspyre, fighting one of the statue bosses with my death wizard. I had spent several rounds building up my traps and blades, almost to the point where I could use them. Mind you, as death, I need that big final hit to restore my health after taking hits for several rounds. And then this exalted life wizard shows up, jumps into my battle uninvited, and uses her attack to steal all my feints and other traps! So she ends the battle with her hit, leaving me having low health, and my big hit stolen. Her weak "sorry" after it was over in no way excuses everything that went before. What gives? Exalted wizards don't even belong in DS, let alone stealing the work of wizards who are there questing. If they come, they should at least have a little courtesy.

It is so simple to ask, "mind if I join you?" Also simple to look at a fight and see when someone else has put five traps on an enemy, and think, "maybe that other wizard who was here solo putting all those traps might actually want to use them."

Really, when will players learn to have even a modicum of consideration for other players?
someone did the same thing to me recently~ my baby myth wizard (level 22) was fighting some mobs in krokotopia; she had about 200 health left and , just as she landed her kill shot, some archmage fire wizard ran in and dragged in 2 more monsters. no apologies, no heals for me, nothing.

(fortunately, i survived and didn't have to restart my quest. but to say that i was hopping mad would be a terrible understatement... and i gave that wizard a piece of my mind.)

my exalted wizard hangs out in ds, usually solo or to troll malistaire with friends; it's my favourite world, because it reminds me of when the game was more fun than work. but, regardless of level, i think respect is simply lost on the masses.

-von
exalted

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Dr Von on Oct 11, 2015 wrote:
someone did the same thing to me recently~ my baby myth wizard (level 22) was fighting some mobs in krokotopia; she had about 200 health left and , just as she landed her kill shot, some archmage fire wizard ran in and dragged in 2 more monsters. no apologies, no heals for me, nothing.

(fortunately, i survived and didn't have to restart my quest. but to say that i was hopping mad would be a terrible understatement... and i gave that wizard a piece of my mind.)

my exalted wizard hangs out in ds, usually solo or to troll malistaire with friends; it's my favourite world, because it reminds me of when the game was more fun than work. but, regardless of level, i think respect is simply lost on the masses.

-von
exalted
Von, thanks for the sympathy. Glad you are still around, I always appreciate your voice in the forum!

I too look back with wistful nostalgia to the old days when the game was "more fun than work" Sigh!

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015
I feel your frustration, and have experienced it myself. I solo a lot, and open fights are the hardest because I too like to build up for those big hits. This mean I often end a battle with under 200 health points, or am defeated. But it should be my call if I want to chance it and end-up defeated or accept help. I never jump in, I always ask if someone would like help. If I do not get an answer I Assume the answer is no. I hope more of us get the hint and ask before inviting themselves in.
with a strong and supported by .