Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Proposal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 12, 2011
It would be very helpful if the PVP has a timeout, eg 1 hour at most, it's horrible to join a battle against player that just gets defending and restoring life, does not attack and when they finish the cards is idle until the opponent give up and flee , ridiculous so if there were time limits at the end of the time Diego could come in and give the win to the player who more fought. I'd rather miss a PVP dying than being forced to flee due to lack of competitiveness of my opponent.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
You can train reshuffles at Mildred farseer in colossus boulevard, or buy some from the wizard city library. They replenish all the cards in your deck besides treasure cards

Survivor
Oct 12, 2011
Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
AtleticoMG on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
It would be very helpful if the PVP has a timeout, eg 1 hour at most, it's horrible to join a battle against player that just gets defending and restoring life, does not attack and when they finish the cards is idle until the opponent give up and flee , ridiculous so if there were time limits at the end of the time Diego could come in and give the win to the player who more fought. I'd rather miss a PVP dying than being forced to flee due to lack of competitiveness of my opponent.
I agree (don't think combat idle won't work) PEOPLE just ignore it (maybe penalty would do better) would help to disqualify person in pvp (only use for rank pvp or pvp tournament)

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
I literally don't see an issue with this.
Yes, there maybe some long matches but it's just fun.
And you are very wrong. It's not that your opponent is incompetent, it's his strategy to win and as long as it works I don't see any problems with it. If you don't want to fight a long match then find a good strategy to counter the long matches. I personally can set it up so that I can play both long and a short pace games being good and basically playing easily and freely in both situations.
PvP is about thinking although people disagree that there is any skill involved in it.
I would disagree with that statement. Yes allot of the factors are based on gear and mechanics but it's about finding the best way to use your current situations to your advantages. And that takes skill.
When you get higher in experience in pvp you don't see like there is any skill involved in game but by working with people that are fairly new to pvp I find that it does take skill. And that comes with experience and refining in work.
So, I still stick that this game does take skill to win however that skill relies on the mechanics of the game.
Which I think is kind of unfair and limits your options of what you can do. As you basically have only 2 ways of fighting either first or second and you only have 2 goes.
Well PvP is about fun, and as long as it is broken there won't be fun. But long matches should still be on and I disagree on a part where match must have a limit.

Nicholas Star

Survivor
Nov 15, 2015
I love the long matches. The long matches really allow you to adjust strategy during the match to outwit your opponent.

The matches really get interesting after the first hour. If it is limited to one hour it just becomes TC fest. I love when I am fighting and they empty their TC deck trying to kill my team, and fail, then they have to actually use some strategy.

Most of them flee at that point, but some fight it out. Some of my most enjoyable matches have been over 2 hours long.

Have fun.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
mykola230 on Oct 16, 2015 wrote:
I literally don't see an issue with this.
Yes, there maybe some long matches but it's just fun.
And you are very wrong. It's not that your opponent is incompetent, it's his strategy to win and as long as it works I don't see any problems with it. If you don't want to fight a long match then find a good strategy to counter the long matches. I personally can set it up so that I can play both long and a short pace games being good and basically playing easily and freely in both situations.
PvP is about thinking although people disagree that there is any skill involved in it.
I would disagree with that statement. Yes allot of the factors are based on gear and mechanics but it's about finding the best way to use your current situations to your advantages. And that takes skill.
When you get higher in experience in pvp you don't see like there is any skill involved in game but by working with people that are fairly new to pvp I find that it does take skill. And that comes with experience and refining in work.
So, I still stick that this game does take skill to win however that skill relies on the mechanics of the game.
Which I think is kind of unfair and limits your options of what you can do. As you basically have only 2 ways of fighting either first or second and you only have 2 goes.
Well PvP is about fun, and as long as it is broken there won't be fun. But long matches should still be on and I disagree on a part where match must have a limit.

Nicholas Star
I'm going to have to disagree. It's one thing to set up for a long match, it's another to set up to make the enemy wizard flee by doing nothing but heals and shields. (Jade Juju anyone?). Central bans all strategies that don't intend to defeat the opponent in a reasonable number of rounds, there's a reason for this.

Survivor
Sep 09, 2010
I would agree with the idea of the timeout, because I have see plenty of matches that end up as people just passing back and forth.

Dakota Frog Rank 1016