Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How do i get a different pet?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
How come every time I hatch with someone, we get our own pet? I hatch in hopes of getting new pets, or hybrids! Is there anyway of making sure you get the other wizards pet, or is it just random? I know a lot of other wizard are also getting upset with this. Thanks for your time!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
jeffrainblade on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
How come every time I hatch with someone, we get our own pet? I hatch in hopes of getting new pets, or hybrids! Is there anyway of making sure you get the other wizards pet, or is it just random? I know a lot of other wizard are also getting upset with this. Thanks for your time!
It's all random. Also, not every pet combo is going to produce a hybrid. With a few exceptions, most hybrid pets come from hatching different "school" pets like Wraith, Hydra, Forest Lord, Humongofrog, Orthrus, Efreet etc. with other "school" pets. You won't get a hybrid hatching a Cyclops with a Piggle.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
It is random, a matter of luck. You will get one of the two parent pet types, or sometimes a hybrid if the parents can produce hybrid. You have just had bad luck so far. Keep trying, eventually it goes your way.