Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What new spells would you expect to see?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
Let's Imagine: What new (or type of) spells would you expect (or like) to see in the next story arc (Polaris)?

For me I would like to see an expansion of the Battle for Spells type instance.

Let me elaborate; as we all know (and love) the Loremaster instance. Fight after fight all to get that elusive spell we can't quest without. I for one have several of them across a couple different wizards.

I would like to see another version of this with a new fight and new spells to fight for. Do you know this place?

The "Mysterious Well" of Avalon in the Outer Yard. (Click to see wiki)

There is not much to it, a couple different bosses to fight, each with their own loot table. I would love to see new spells added to the loot table for each boss. Maybe 3 or 4 spells each with one "Ultra Rare" spell they both have?

I love Loremaster and her unique spells. Can we see an expansion of this type of instance / unique boss?

What are your thoughts? What new spells or spell types would you like to see? Comment below.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
i would love to see new shadow infused spells, only this time the tables would be turned. Balance and fire now get an attack all enemies spell, and the other schools get a single hit

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I came up with some spell ideas for our next levels (110, 120). I thought we should continue on the trend of using shadow-enhanced spells, since we were getting overwhelmed with a high pip count. I think shadow's main purpose in the future will be shadow enhancing spells. For example, 110 spells would cost 6 pips and 1 shadow pip, and 120 spells would be 7 pips and 2 shadow pips. In the far future, shadow pip requirements would almost be as high as regular pips.

I also came up with another idea to add strategy to spell casting. The spells would cost 6-7 pips depending on level. However, some spells have an additional effect. For example, I came up with a Storm Spell called Valkyrie. It does about 2000+ damage. However, its additional effect: and a +10% Storm blade for every extra pip. These effects don't actually use the pips, meaning you are getting a free per pip spell. However, this will add to strategy, making you decide if it is worth it to build up more pips or just use the spell right away. I came up with some other spells with similar effects, such as a shield per extra pip for ice.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
How about spells that summon the Ravenwood Professors to attack? That or a spell that summons Malistare to attack, I dunno.

Defender
Feb 27, 2015
maybe a fierce kitty spell
LOL

Delver
Aug 31, 2012
I expect a life AOE very soon. Nothing more until I see one.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Definitely a new balance AOE spell with decent damage and multiply mass debuff effect.

something op like this:

7 pips + 2 shadow pips

1450 to all enemies - 25 % accuracy - 30 % to next outgoing, balance blade to self

Implementing lycian chimera as an obtainable spell would be also nice!

lol

Survivor
Feb 08, 2012
A Myth spell useful in something other than PVP.
Such as,

> Apocalypse
> 6 pips + 1 shadow pip
> 1150 damage + 35% myth trap + saga OR time of legend (random which bubble will appear)

School quest to get it given by Cyrus Drake.
You defeat a mantis in the Spirit Plane of Khrysalis who has obtained the secret to total destruction of ravenwood. This boss would have 20k health, no minions, no cheats, and would be Fire.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I would like to see some more mutate spell cards. That branch of the sun school seems a bit neglected.