Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What am I doing wrong?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
the bazaar tapestry requires cuddle fish and I liked those up and they are in cyclops lane and as much as I try with a death lure most death fish either get away from me or are the wrong fish. I am using a rank 1 death lure because they are rank one fish. Should I use my last fishing luck elixer to maybe make sure they ding get away or is there something else I am missing?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Instead of using a luck elixir you could always just use a rank 2 lure.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
Heh. Same problem when I tried to catch the Cuddlefish. Took a week of fishing (always low on energy from pet training and gardening) to get five cuddlefish. I always get Deathcudda .

Just keep trying.

Delver
Nov 05, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
the bazaar tapestry requires cuddle fish and I liked those up and they are in cyclops lane and as much as I try with a death lure most death fish either get away from me or are the wrong fish. I am using a rank 1 death lure because they are rank one fish. Should I use my last fishing luck elixer to maybe make sure they ding get away or is there something else I am missing?
Hmm, from my experience, you don't get a fish you want right away. I have one or two I got on accident trying to get a fish sandwich! Don't give up, I wouldn't go that far as to use the fishing elixer, but definitely don't stop giving up. Do you have the spell from Lucky Hookline that reveals the school of each fish? Use that spell, then lure in all the death fish. There are some really nice fish besides the cuddlefish in those ponds. Good luck!

- Madison Winterhorn

P.S. Tell me if/when you find it.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
they're there, but very rare!
just keep fishing :)
you'll get em

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
luck and patience will get ya the cuddle fish I got only 3 so far with rank 1 death lure and with the luck elixir that was bday gift altho I only got 2 with elixir and believe it or not I got cuddle with fire lure lol pfff so its luck just keep trying I got my executioner fish after months of trying one day I was just bored and said lets see how it goes and bam I get 2 in darkmoor I was like really? maybe that's the key lol don't try so hard

liam stormbrand representing TEAM BRING IT

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
the awesome pyroma... on Sep 14, 2015 wrote:
Here's my (tongue in cheek) tip for getting Cuddlefish. If you can hold of for a few weeks Halloween will be upon us. During Halloween there are special holiday fish and among them is the Vampire Squid. Now, go out and try to catch a Vampire Squid and you won't be able to wade through all of the Cuddlefish that will be throwing themselves at your lure.
But seriously, just do what you're doing. There's no secret to it... it just requires persistence. You're going to get more than your share of Deathacudas in the process but there's no way around that. Also, in case you haven't noticed there are many more Death school fish in the main pond than you'll find in the small streams so just steer clear of those. As far as using your last elixir it's just a matter of personal preference. If you're saving it for a special occasion then this might be it. It's your call.