Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storytime 2015: Questions for Zander/Thundersnake

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 18, 2010
Dear Zander and/or Thundersnake. I know you must be very busy writing up the Third Arc for us but I was wondering if you could take your time to answer a few questions.

Are the Immortals their own race?
Is Potolemos a Celestian or the Moon Avatar?
And who or what is Astareus, by that I mean, what is his species? Is he the Star Avatar?
Did the Celestians live in the Outer Void (Like, was the city we find under the waves in the Outer Void)?
Were the Celestian nomads?
Is there a chance of encountering living Celestians?
Is there a chance we may visit the Other Side and meet Death? (Like the actual Death. I feel like the one we see in Cool Ranch is one of his many forms.)
I know you can't answer this one but I feel like asking it anyways; Is there a third sibling to Bartleby, Nightstar, and Cob? Possibly one associated with Snakes?
Is Mithraya (and the rest of the bosses that we meet in the Trial of the Spheres) the Celestian equivalent of an Immortal. Is she (they) apart of their religion?
Is the palace of Dragonspyre on a different island or is it the place where we fight Malistaire?
How does the afterlife work in the Spiral? I'm asking this because there seems to be many different aftelifes and it's kind of confusing.
Do the different cultures of the Spiral all speak different languages? Or do they all speak "English"? Or are we just good translators because we're magical?
Why does it claim that Malistaire was recently in Mooshu when it in SI we find Aztecasaurs who fled from Azteca because Morganthe recently destroyed it?
What was the inspiration behind Merle's last name?
Since we know Greyrose was originally supposed to be the Headmistress of Wizard City what was Merle supposed to be?
From where did the inspiration of Rajah come from? Was it from Aladdin?

I'm sure some of these you might not be able to answer because that might "Be Telling" or you don't have the Note on them but I'd like to thank you in advance for answering them.

~ Sincerely, Umbra . . . .

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
I will try to answer as many questions as I can.

Ptolemos is definitely a celestian
We do encounter living celestians in stormriven
There are many afterlives but the one that appears most is just becoming a ghost (in other words no afterlife)

Unfortunately that is all I can answer. Hope I helped!

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Emerald9649 on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
Dear Zander and/or Thundersnake. I know you must be very busy writing up the Third Arc for us but I was wondering if you could take your time to answer a few questions.

Are the Immortals their own race?
Is Potolemos a Celestian or the Moon Avatar?
And who or what is Astareus, by that I mean, what is his species? Is he the Star Avatar?
Did the Celestians live in the Outer Void (Like, was the city we find under the waves in the Outer Void)?
Were the Celestian nomads?
Is there a chance of encountering living Celestians?
Is there a chance we may visit the Other Side and meet Death? (Like the actual Death. I feel like the one we see in Cool Ranch is one of his many forms.)
I know you can't answer this one but I feel like asking it anyways; Is there a third sibling to Bartleby, Nightstar, and Cob? Possibly one associated with Snakes?
Is Mithraya (and the rest of the bosses that we meet in the Trial of the Spheres) the Celestian equivalent of an Immortal. Is she (they) apart of their religion?
Is the palace of Dragonspyre on a different island or is it the place where we fight Malistaire?
How does the afterlife work in the Spiral? I'm asking this because there seems to be many different aftelifes and it's kind of confusing.
Do the different cultures of the Spiral all speak different languages? Or do they all speak "English"? Or are we just good translators because we're magical?
Why does it claim that Malistaire was recently in Mooshu when it in SI we find Aztecasaurs who fled from Azteca because Morganthe recently destroyed it?
What was the inspiration behind Merle's last name?
Since we know Greyrose was originally supposed to be the Headmistress of Wizard City what was Merle supposed to be?
From where did the inspiration of Rajah come from? Was it from Aladdin?

I'm sure some of these you might not be able to answer because that might "Be Telling" or you don't have the Note on them but I'd like to thank you in advance for answering them.

~ Sincerely, Umbra . . . .
1. I think so.
8. Not sure, but wouldn't that be a fourth sibling? And we don't even know if Old Cob is related to Grandmother Raven and Bartleby. It was never stated nor implied. Yes, I know of the Orb quest but it only said "Raven and Spider" not "Brother and Sister" and it never referenced them being related in any form throughout the entire Prophecy.
10. I would imagine DS's Palace is somewhere else (perhaps in another Skyway) as the area your Wizard visits is Dragonspyre Academy. The Great Spyre is the former Headmaster of DS Academy's office.
11. It seems most, if not all, dead beings turn into spirits. Darkmoor has showed us they can go into the Outer Void if they wish. (Goodbye Mally + Sylvia ).
12. I think they all speak English, but mostly for comprehension issues if they spoke otherwise.
13. They foresaw the destruction of their world Azteca and fled before it was too late. I think.
14. Merlin Ambrosius
15. Just watched the Greyrose's Ravenwood Roll Call video. It did not say she was to be Headmistress, Ambrose invited her to Ravenwood.

Those are the ones I can answer. It would be cool to see a response from Zander/Thundersnake though. We could have a throwback to the King's legendary Storytime. Besides, it's been well over a year since we have seen one.

Defender
Sep 18, 2010
David EarthShield on Sep 10, 2015 wrote:
1. I think so.
8. Not sure, but wouldn't that be a fourth sibling? And we don't even know if Old Cob is related to Grandmother Raven and Bartleby. It was never stated nor implied. Yes, I know of the Orb quest but it only said "Raven and Spider" not "Brother and Sister" and it never referenced them being related in any form throughout the entire Prophecy.
10. I would imagine DS's Palace is somewhere else (perhaps in another Skyway) as the area your Wizard visits is Dragonspyre Academy. The Great Spyre is the former Headmaster of DS Academy's office.
11. It seems most, if not all, dead beings turn into spirits. Darkmoor has showed us they can go into the Outer Void if they wish. (Goodbye Mally + Sylvia ).
12. I think they all speak English, but mostly for comprehension issues if they spoke otherwise.
13. They foresaw the destruction of their world Azteca and fled before it was too late. I think.
14. Merlin Ambrosius
15. Just watched the Greyrose's Ravenwood Roll Call video. It did not say she was to be Headmistress, Ambrose invited her to Ravenwood.

Those are the ones I can answer. It would be cool to see a response from Zander/Thundersnake though. We could have a throwback to the King's legendary Storytime. Besides, it's been well over a year since we have seen one.
8) I made an error. I meant to put third.
10) I can't recall all of the details but I think King. Art said at some point that the Great Spyre was the (or a) capital or something of that sort, and that it wasn't the Headmaster's office.
15) When Wizard101 was being tested Greyrose was originally supposed to be the Headmistress.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I would like to apologize in advance for the strangeness of this question.

The prison uniform that Dyvim Whitehart wears when we first meet him includes a pair of shoes, but his battle armor doesnt. What's with that? And if he just doesn't like wearing shoes, what's to stop him from ditching them in the jail cell?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2009
I'm pretty sure Rajah is based on Colonial India from the accents, names, and clothes of the tigers in the skyway. Similarly the Kurgha revolt has many similarities to actions taken by Indians during that time period to protest British rule. I would love to see Rajah as a world in Wizard. Mirage seems to be more "Aladdin" ish. Aladdin is based in the Arabian peninsula; and from information we've learned from Nalia and Qisma, Mirage seems to be based on the same region.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
I would be surprised if Zander or Thunder Snake could answer most of those questions, as I believe Celestia and prior predates their tenure on the team.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I have an answer for the 14th question in emeralds origional post, or at least this is how I would explain it if I were story writer.

Firstly, since it's possible that english as we know it doesn't exist in the Spiral and the fourth wall translates for us, let's say for all intents and purposes that the language the player character speaks is called "Marleybonian." DIfferent cultures call it by diferent names, but it's still the same language. My theory is that this was the language that all creatures spoke in the firstworld. After the Titan War, the populations of the diferent worlds continued developing it independantly, leading to the differences in accents, vocabulary, naming conventions, and alphabets. Some small populations, like the desert hoppers in Khrysalis, developed new languages entirely, but Marleybonian (or rather the "firstworld language") was always the dominant tongue.