Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Which is harder?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
ok to start this off I am more than completely aware that all drops are completely random luck this really just a post asking about your luck. So I am sure everybody knows about the difficulty of getting any Hades drops at all and I am very sure everyone knows that darkmoore gear is arguably the best gear in game. I have heard about how it's so hard getting the top tier gear sets from either dungeon so which have you had the best experience in- Tartarus or Darkmoore? Both dungeons are very difficult, time consuming, and frustrating with the drops so which dugeon do love and hate the most?

Explorer
Feb 19, 2012
had better luck in darkmoor had the best luck getting gear on my death so far

Survivor
Jul 06, 2013
Hades drops are insane. Don't even try for the amulet of divine influence. At this point it's a legend only in stories. Darkmoor definitely has a ton of of opportunities to get worthwhile drops.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
ok to start this off I am more than completely aware that all drops are completely random luck this really just a post asking about your luck. So I am sure everybody knows about the difficulty of getting any Hades drops at all and I am very sure everyone knows that darkmoore gear is arguably the best gear in game. I have heard about how it's so hard getting the top tier gear sets from either dungeon so which have you had the best experience in- Tartarus or Darkmoore? Both dungeons are very difficult, time consuming, and frustrating with the drops so which dugeon do love and hate the most?
as sad as it is, i had better luck with darkmoor... maybe 'better' isn't the right word, but at least i didn't farm darkmoor for almost 2 years and see only one piece of gear. if that were the case, i'd have given up long before i actually did see sense and stop trying.

-von "it's not better, it's just less worse" shadowsong
exalted

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't think it's really fair to compare the two. Tartarus can be done solo and takes about a third the time as Darkmoor. I admittedly haven't done Darkmoor nearly as much but I haven't been much impressed with the drops for all the hours it takes. Hades I can solo in just over an hour, under an hour with a team. Getting people to commit to staying in Darkmoor to the end is also pretty hard. It's just too long.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
Definitely better drops in Darkmoor. I got a tier 1 hat and a tier 1 robe in the same run.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
the awesome pyroma... on Sep 8, 2015 wrote:
Darkmoor has way better gears but it is many times harder than Tartarus. If you plan of doing PvP I suggest Darkmoor but if you do not plan of doing PvP farm Tartarus.