Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The best secondary school for a Storm?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
Since the free training point buyback is happening, I wanted to get some advice as this is my first time going deep in the game (just completed Krokotopia).
I've trained up to Satyr, but I'm having second thoughts seeing the pip cost. I'm level 25 with 1,059 health (gear included) and Fairy still heals me decently enough. I also use Storm Elemental often during boss fights to keep the heat off me so my health usually is at least above 500 by the time it starts taunting and can be replenished by a Fairy.
is enticing with Tower Shield, and I can see it has more viability in PvP which I intend to go into (unless I decide to splurge a bit on crowns and get a Life Mastery amulet).

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
Enigmatistry on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Since the free training point buyback is happening, I wanted to get some advice as this is my first time going deep in the game (just completed Krokotopia).
I've trained up to Satyr, but I'm having second thoughts seeing the pip cost. I'm level 25 with 1,059 health (gear included) and Fairy still heals me decently enough. I also use Storm Elemental often during boss fights to keep the heat off me so my health usually is at least above 500 by the time it starts taunting and can be replenished by a Fairy.
is enticing with Tower Shield, and I can see it has more viability in PvP which I intend to go into (unless I decide to splurge a bit on crowns and get a Life Mastery amulet).
I think you should really go with death. Feints are very useful, along with the transitioning of health. I am Storm myself, but am a bit higher level and i dont have a secondary school at all, but just the Astral Schools. I had Myth, but I don't recommend it. Ice is also pretty good, since storm has such low health.

Cheyenne StormHunter
Promethean Diviner
Level 95

Mastermind
Dec 11, 2011
Never do a single school fully. My storm trained Death to Feint, Life to Satyr, Ice to Tower, and no other school besides astral spells and elemental blade.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Enigmatistry on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Keep the life, with Satyr. As you get higher level, Fairy will not be enough, you will need the Satyr. My Storm is level 70-something now, and doing great, and I solo almost everything. I do have the Life Mastery amulet though, and I recommend the "splurge." Stop after Satyr, though, and use further points in another direction.

Tower shield is a good option once life to Satyr is done. Balance to weakness can also help, though not as much as the shield. Also helps to go to Niles the Balance tree, and get the blades and traps that add to your elemental damage.

Another thing that will help a lot is to get the Frankenbunny pet when Halloween rolls around, or find someone to hatch with, and develop a pet that has the Energizing Battery trait, and the cards the pet adds, for additional healing. It also helps to build a pet that can help with critical boosting, blocking, and accuracy -- not sure how many of these come in the original Halloween pet, and how many I cross-bred in, but they are very helpful. The pet is Storm school. Well worth the time in the Pet Pavillion.