Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prism Blades & Advanced Auras

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 12, 2013
Prism blades are exactly like prisms themselves but function as a charm and not as a trap. Prism blades are more useful because they convert the entire spell, so dots from various schools and myth's double hits will be more effective against mobs. Advanced auras are just basically way more complex than normal astral magic. Here are some of my ideas:

Conflagration: 0 pips; +35% damage, +15% pierce, +10% accuracy, +15%incoming,
& +10%incoming damage for 4 rds.

Hailstorm: 0 pips; +35%damage, +15%pierce, +3%resistance, +15%stun resistance,
& +15%incoming damage for 4 rds.

Typhoon: 0 pips; +35%damage, +15%pierce, +5%accuracy, +15%stun resistance,
& +10%incoming damage for 4 rds.

The Third Eye: 0 pips; +35%damage, +15%pierce, +10%PP chance, +15%stun resistance,

Nirvana: 0 pips; +35%damage, +10%pierce, +15%incoming & outgoing, +10%incoming damage

Torment of the Soul: 0 pips; +35%damage, +5%pierce, +10%accuracy, +65%stolen health incoming, +10%incoming damage for 4 rds.

Uniformity: 0 pips; +35%damage, +15%pierce, +5%accuracy, +5%PPchance, +15%incoming,

So what do you think? Too op? Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I like the idea of prism blades, and always have, however, I fear, especially in fire's case, they'll think they're too overpowered since it will convert the whole spell to ice damage. Prism blades are an extremely potent spell in that they both bypass resist AND add extra damage. The extra damage comes from oppositional school damage, otherwise known as BOOST.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think most of the time the only place you'll find anyone who thinks anything is too OP is PvP. When it comes to PvE, there is no such thing as OP... at least not as far as I'm concerned. I don't enjoy sitting in battles, especially mob battles, for 10 minutes waiting to power up and then sit through all of the spell animations. Anything that speeds up duels is more than welcome.

The only problem I see with the prism blades... would they work the same as prism traps? Like say you cast a prism blade on your self to convert a fire spell to ice, does it stop using fire blades once it hits the prism? And in that case, if an Ice wizard started throwing Iceblades on you afterwards would they start adding to the damage of the spell?

The mechanics could be tricky in that sense, but I would like it for the very reasons you give... full effect on the DOT spells. It's just something else to consider while blade stacking, that's all. Not hard, just something extra to be mindful of.

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
High Five Ghost on Aug 15, 2015 wrote:
I think most of the time the only place you'll find anyone who thinks anything is too OP is PvP. When it comes to PvE, there is no such thing as OP... at least not as far as I'm concerned. I don't enjoy sitting in battles, especially mob battles, for 10 minutes waiting to power up and then sit through all of the spell animations. Anything that speeds up duels is more than welcome.

The only problem I see with the prism blades... would they work the same as prism traps? Like say you cast a prism blade on your self to convert a fire spell to ice, does it stop using fire blades once it hits the prism? And in that case, if an Ice wizard started throwing Iceblades on you afterwards would they start adding to the damage of the spell?

The mechanics could be tricky in that sense, but I would like it for the very reasons you give... full effect on the DOT spells. It's just something else to consider while blade stacking, that's all. Not hard, just something extra to be mindful of.
Yes ice blades would stack if they were put on before the prism blades and then fire blades, same thing with traps.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
High Five Ghost on Aug 15, 2015 wrote:

yes, it is mostly PvP that screams OP, but they are not the only ones. As for order, yes, the would work exactly like the traps. If you want it to work you would have to set the blades and prism up properly. If it's last on and first off, then you need to put the prism blade up first. Whatever the order is, you have to do it right, just like now, where the prism trap has to be the first thing you put up before your damage traps so that it takes off the traps first then prism