Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Extremely Bad at PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2015
I am having a major struggle with PvP. I have done it on a lvl 48 balance and a 64 storm (w/ Waterworks gear) (we're talking about 1v1 by the way). I had a friend who was a veteran me out, but i still managed to get an under 500 Private rating. He told me to do the Wild Bolt spam tactic. I won once, but I got extremely lucky. Then I switched to my balance. My plan was to Infallible, Enchant Judgement, Black Mantle, then Enchanted Judgement. I also only won once. It's either these characters are not good for PvP or I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to make a level 5 balance character for PvP, but I'm still farming the gear. One problem might be pets. I have the worst pets in the world lol. I'm getting really close to giving up. Anyone have any gear/strategy/character suggestions?

(BTW People in PvP can get a little mean, lol)

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
this is what I do since my myth character has medusa as a spell I can use medusa and stun and then wait until I can use
medusa again and then finish them off...but I still have a bad pvp rating

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
Noah the Sorcerer on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
I am having a major struggle with PvP. I have done it on a lvl 48 balance and a 64 storm (w/ Waterworks gear) (we're talking about 1v1 by the way). I had a friend who was a veteran me out, but i still managed to get an under 500 Private rating. He told me to do the Wild Bolt spam tactic. I won once, but I got extremely lucky. Then I switched to my balance. My plan was to Infallible, Enchant Judgement, Black Mantle, then Enchanted Judgement. I also only won once. It's either these characters are not good for PvP or I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to make a level 5 balance character for PvP, but I'm still farming the gear. One problem might be pets. I have the worst pets in the world lol. I'm getting really close to giving up. Anyone have any gear/strategy/character suggestions?

(BTW People in PvP can get a little mean, lol)
Noah,

I would stay with the Balance at Level 48 (or move up to Level 50, but not over).
The first thing I would do is go to the LoreMaster, and get the LoreMaster spell.
I would suggest that you get Crown gear, if you can, it really helps when starting.

I would start gardening, if you have not already, as this will give you snacks for your pet leveling.
Try to get a pet that can heal, and has spell proof as starters.

Separate your deck, so that you have mainly defensive spells in the main, like shields, weakness,
heals, etc.
In your side deck, have your enchanted attacks, and other critical spells like empower.

Do not go to Ranked, go to Practice until you win most of your fights, example maybe 80% of them.
Refine your deck setup, while doing these practice fights, until you deck flows and you can get
the cards you need. At this level, keep enough reshuffle, to allow you to discard fast.
Discard 5 to 6 cards per round, unless you plan on using the card in the next two rounds.
Don't allow your cards to become a bottleneck, if you see the first sign you may be getting
into trouble, discard hard to get what cards you need.

Once you feel like you know what your doing, go to Duelist and read the Balance PvP manuals
they have. If you read them too early, they won't mean much, so read them once you feel
like you are confident. They will help you with gear selection and deck setup.

Then, after these changes go back to Practice again, and see how you do.
Remember, each turn can mean you win or lose the match, so don't delay in a match.

As you practice, you will become aware of exactly how other schools will try to beat you.
This knowledge is what will really help you in your Ranked matches.
So, don't rush the practice, and don't rush to get into ranked, it takes some time.

Good luck.