Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Possible PvP fix.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
So we all know that going second in PvP is a huge disadvantage (yes, it is counterable but remember i said the word disadvantage)

This needs to be fixed especially for higher level PvP, a possible solution that i have been thinking of is:

When you go second instead of getting an extra pip you get to see what your opponent is using.

You may be wondering now, what if the player going first runs down the timer and chooses his card at the last second so the player going second cannot react in time?
Well the answer to that is simple, the player that goes first gets 30 seconds to choose his card, while player going second gets 40. This will stop people from running down the timer to hide their spells

I think this is a good fix and will make it so that going second is just as fair as going first

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Then they'll just wait till the last second to use their card... so not so much a fix.
But if they would make it so debuffs and dispels only go off the turn after they are used that would be a fix.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
Ethanboomshield on Aug 24, 2015 wrote:
Then they'll just wait till the last second to use their card... so not so much a fix.
But if they would make it so debuffs and dispels only go off the turn after they are used that would be a fix.
If you read my original post then you would not ask this question because I clearly answered it.

Defender
Oct 10, 2010
skyscream101 on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
So we all know that going second in PvP is a huge disadvantage (yes, it is counterable but remember i said the word disadvantage)

This needs to be fixed especially for higher level PvP, a possible solution that i have been thinking of is:

When you go second instead of getting an extra pip you get to see what your opponent is using.

You may be wondering now, what if the player going first runs down the timer and chooses his card at the last second so the player going second cannot react in time?
Well the answer to that is simple, the player that goes first gets 30 seconds to choose his card, while player going second gets 40. This will stop people from running down the timer to hide their spells

I think this is a good fix and will make it so that going second is just as fair as going first
Skyscream,

Someone actually suggested this exact same thing quite some time ago. That person
stated, as long as the People watching the match could see it, it would be simple to show
the spells to the players. I think you if you check on this, you will find the posting to be well
over a year or so old. I would assume that KI did not like the idea, as nothing came of it.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
IcicleWar on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Skyscream,

Someone actually suggested this exact same thing quite some time ago. That person
stated, as long as the People watching the match could see it, it would be simple to show
the spells to the players. I think you if you check on this, you will find the posting to be well
over a year or so old. I would assume that KI did not like the idea, as nothing came of it.
People watching the match will not be able to see the cards until the round starts (after the timer phase)
Only the person in the battle going second will be able to see

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
I agree with you that with what you are saying and I also think that this problem needs a fix. However I don't feel your suggestion is the best way to fix it. What you suggest would make PvP fairer than it currently is, but it would only half fix the problem. The player going first would still have an advantage, not as much of an advantage but still an advantage.

Here's why. PvP is currently unfair because the player going second has to choose their move without knowing what their opponent's will be that will happen before theirs. The player going first doesn't have this disadvantage because they already know what their opponents move was before choosing their own. They know this because it has already happened in the previous round and they saw it.

When you suggest showing the second player what the opponent is going to do, they are only receiving a piece of the information that the player going first gets. This is because you don't know how the turn is going to happen. When the player going first sees his opponents move before choosing his own, he sees everything. He sees whether they or not they fizzle, he knows if they crit and if he blocked, he even knows exactly how much damage was done. Not to mention any pet casts that may have happened or in the case of the player going second "could happen".

In order to truly fix this problem you also need to give all of this information to the player going second. The only realistic way to do this is by showing player one's entire turn before player two has to choose their own. In other words,
Player one chooses their move while player two waits
Player two sees player one's move
Player two chooses their move while player one waits
Player one sees player two's move
Player one chooses their move while player two waits
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat

This is how a normal game of cards is played, it's called taking turns. There is a reason it is done this way. Because it is the fairest possible way to do it.