Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Equipment Type: Belts!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 12, 2013
So I'm curious as to all the types of clothing that exist and if there is a new equipment category that the designers may have overlooked. So I go to wikipedia, it's a great source of info, and I start browsing and one of the first things I see are belts, and I'm astounded that this idea was never implemented because it is one of the most basic forms of clothing and everyone irl owns at least one.

Yeah I did see cuff links, bracelets, earrings, anklets, etc., but the idea of belts just jumped out right at me, I mean they hold up your pants, that's pretty important of you ask me. If they were entered into the game, they would probably have sockets and give defensive stats, such as critical block and stun resistance. Belts have serious potential.

So what do you think? Good or bad idea? Questions, comments, and feedback are always welcome!

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
It is an interesting idea but not one that I support. Many of the outfits already have belts in the look of them. I like to have different outfits and would prefer to see more unique outfits than lots of separate accessories that would take up more space in my already packed bank. They have already added Jewel Socketing for enhancing your gear and pets.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Belts and girdles... I agree. Those are a couple of equipment options that other RPG's have that W101 lacks.

The ability to wear more than one ring as well. You've got 8 fingers and 2 thumbs... it's not a stretch to imagine that you could at the very least equip one more ring.

Gloves and bracers... yet another option.

As mentioned, these items are more or less built into existing gear appearance, but at the same time you do not see equipped athames, necklaces, or rings added to your character's appearance. A visual item added to character appearance is not necessarily required.

But yes, adding more items to carry in your backpack, bank, or shared bank could be an issue, especially for borderline hoarders like me. I wish equipped items didn't affect your backpack. I mean after all, if they're equipped, they're not in your backpack, right?

I wouldn't mind having more gear options to equip, but I think it'd be a hard sell to get it put through.

Survivor
Jul 18, 2014
Cool idea, but the thing is that most of us wizards wear robes, not belts. the belts would look a bit funn y around our robes, making them a appear tighter.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2013
Good idea, but if they showed up on your character, then it would look really weird with some armor.

Michael Battlesword
lvl 82 pyromancer

Defender
Nov 12, 2013
High Five Ghost on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Belts and girdles... I agree. Those are a couple of equipment options that other RPG's have that W101 lacks.

The ability to wear more than one ring as well. You've got 8 fingers and 2 thumbs... it's not a stretch to imagine that you could at the very least equip one more ring.

Gloves and bracers... yet another option.

As mentioned, these items are more or less built into existing gear appearance, but at the same time you do not see equipped athames, necklaces, or rings added to your character's appearance. A visual item added to character appearance is not necessarily required.

But yes, adding more items to carry in your backpack, bank, or shared bank could be an issue, especially for borderline hoarders like me. I wish equipped items didn't affect your backpack. I mean after all, if they're equipped, they're not in your backpack, right?

I wouldn't mind having more gear options to equip, but I think it'd be a hard sell to get it put through.
I did post a few months back touching on the subject of gauntlets/gloves but not specifically on that subject, just a minor suggestion. There are numerous types of equipment that could be added, but I prefer to talk about the obvious ones not about cuff links or anything miniscule.

My perspective is that it would function as a secondary wand, or you could have 2 gauntlets, or even a shield as additional alternative.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
I agree but ....belts?It would be better as bracelets it would be great for a new type of gear but they would have to nerf malistaire so that a boss there would drop the level 50 bracelet,belt,etc