Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too Much Luck

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Jewel crafting definitely needs some revisions. Too great a variable in jewel level and jewel type.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Mr Talon on Aug 11, 2015 wrote:
Jewel crafting definitely needs some revisions. Too great a variable in jewel level and jewel type.
Agreed, they need to narrow down what kind of jewels you get and make more recipes for those specific jewels.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
PvP King on Aug 12, 2015 wrote:
Agreed, they need to narrow down what kind of jewels you get and make more recipes for those specific jewels.
This is pretty much the only thing in this thread I agree with. The jewel crafting for both pets and gear should be separated into more specific recipe categories. The regents are way too hard to come by to keep crafting junk jewels over and over. The total randomness makes it not worth doing. It's crafting, a recipe. The point of using a recipe is so that you get a predictable outcome in what you are making.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I agree almost 100%. I do want some luck factor but at this point Wizard101 feels more like a money and time sink than anything.

For jewels, here's my suggestion (to narrow it down and keep some randomness, I doubt KI will fully reduce it to specifics)

Using Fire Jewel 75-95 as an example, it could be broken into:

1. Fire Jewel 75, Fire Jewel 85, Fire Jewel 95
2. Square Fire Jewel 75-95, Circle Fire Jewel 75-95, Triangle Fire Jewel 75-95
3. Very specific recipes, such as Fire Piercing Jewel +5%; however, it should require more orichalcum and another reagent to make both the random and specific recipes viable.

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
I completely agree. The new reagents are too rare to craft jewels you do not want over and over. Most players, or at least me, do not have the time to waste on random results.

Defender
Mar 31, 2014
imo rare items should be rare and not everyone should have them otherwise they won't be rare XD

if you can't get a rare item, it's because it's rare. If you try and fail just farm something else, there's many more things you can farm for :)

Some are lucky and get those rare reagents or items, others aren't, if it's a fun issue try something else. Just like with the spells at Loremaster in DS, if you played 100 games, got fed up and didn't get anything just try something else. If you weren't have fun playing those 100 games you shouldn't be doing it.

I want tungsten to craft a jewel, and there's like 1 boss I have access to for that and it's super rare - but I have other things to craft, housing items, teleports, mounts, etc I gave up on tungsten so I try something else as long as I'm not totally bored.

That's the way I see it - the reason there is rare stuff is so you spend money on crowns to get it quicker, it's a system to make money :)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
enkia on Aug 19, 2015 wrote:
imo rare items should be rare and not everyone should have them otherwise they won't be rare XD

if you can't get a rare item, it's because it's rare. If you try and fail just farm something else, there's many more things you can farm for :)

Some are lucky and get those rare reagents or items, others aren't, if it's a fun issue try something else. Just like with the spells at Loremaster in DS, if you played 100 games, got fed up and didn't get anything just try something else. If you weren't have fun playing those 100 games you shouldn't be doing it.

I want tungsten to craft a jewel, and there's like 1 boss I have access to for that and it's super rare - but I have other things to craft, housing items, teleports, mounts, etc I gave up on tungsten so I try something else as long as I'm not totally bored.

That's the way I see it - the reason there is rare stuff is so you spend money on crowns to get it quicker, it's a system to make money :)
If Wizard101 had second options in the crowns shop, I would gladly pay my way out of farming. However, Wizard101 has no second option for pierce jewels, health jewels, good pet talent jewels, or even any non-farmed gear that's on par with Darkmoor gear. If I want to get into PvP, I will try doing things that will benefit me in PvP, crafting any other things have no value for me as of yet.