Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 Trading Card Game!?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 11, 2015
I know this isn't an in-game idea, more of a separate idea, but I couldn't find the right forum so be free to move this.

I was playing a Pokémon trading card game the other day and was thinking, "What if there was a Wizard101 TCG?"

This might seem like a bad idea at first sight, but it could work. Wizard101 is already turn-based and uses cards to represent spells, so there would be no problem there. A TCG could work to promote Wizard101 further. Some people might not like video games, but if they play card games maybe a TCG could get them into Wizard101. I personally love trading card games, and Pokémon has already gone and made both a TCG and a video game.

Here's how I thought it would work:

There would be two players, on either side of a table. There would be a game mat between them. To set up the game you would have a hand, which would have seven cards, and then a pile for your deck. There would be a wizard space where you put your cap, robe, boots, wand/staff, athame, ring, amulet, and school cards. Each of those would affect your wizards stats. here would be no level system, so let's assume each wizard's power is around level 50. On your turn, you would choose a card from your hand (which would be hidden from your opponent) and you would attack. There would be a special die thing that would come with a starter pack and there is a different one for each school. So let's say you had a life wizard. You would have a 10-sided die to roll. 9 of the sides would be a greenish color, and one would have a darkish-red. if you landed on the red side, you would fizzle. A cardboard coin would be placed in the Wizard slot every turn to represent pips. The rest would work like the game. I know this is a bit complicated but it can be simplified. I can add images to this post of what i think cards etc. would look like. Thanks for checking out my post! Harold Argleston, (or the man behind that dog) if you can, it would be amazing if this postwere featured and/or replied to with your thoughts on this. This was written rather quickly and I was spilling this out so forgive me for any grammar mistakes. Thanks!

-Blaze DragonPyre, level 22 / PotrZimbie

Survivor
Jun 11, 2015
I'm making a version of this at home to play with my friend. It's a bit complicated though.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2015
Version completed! Post on forums if you want pictures of certain parts of the game.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2012
I would love this. Me and my little Brother already play this with pieces of paper with the name of the spell on it along with poorly-drawn illustrations. It would be so amazing if KI would release a TCG.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2015
Verikx on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
I would love this. Me and my little Brother already play this with pieces of paper with the name of the spell on it along with poorly-drawn illustrations. It would be so amazing if KI would release a TCG.
You do too :D

You know, if this isn't KI's thing, maybe they could release an online TCG like the Pokemon TCGO on FreeKI Games.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
PotrZimbie on Jul 15, 2015 wrote:
Version completed! Post on forums if you want pictures of certain parts of the game.
I would really like to see pictures of the game! This is a fantastic idea. The only drawback(s) are having to calculate the damage piercing, damage, and resist.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2015
Myth Student 22 on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
I would really like to see pictures of the game! This is a fantastic idea. The only drawback(s) are having to calculate the damage piercing, damage, and resist.
That is a problem, but perhaps there would be a more simple way to calculate it.

I can get you a picture of the game. I'll just figure out how to...