Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

'Average Level'

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2015
Firstly I'd like to introduce my self.
It's not gonna be long winded, but hey. You may know me in game as Matthew OwlThorn, and I've been playing this game since mid 2012 (about 3 years ago now.) So, hello to you all.

Anyway, recently, I started up a new character. I've got to MarleyBone and am on Big Ben, and my friend told me I was 'under Average Level'. I suppose over time people figure out what 'average level' for being on Big Ben is, and I'm told it's about 28-30. I'm currently 26. I'm not quite sure if 'Average Level' matters, but I was worried about this, a bit like when you're told you have 'under average grades' in school type of thing..

Anyway, just wanted to ask what your opinion was on this and if any of you lot have come across the same 'problem'.

Thanks a lot,
GeneralGames

Explorer
Jan 15, 2013
GeneralGames on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
It's not gonna be long winded, but hey. You may know me in game as Matthew OwlThorn, and I've been playing this game since mid 2012 (about 3 years ago now.) So, hello to you all.

Anyway, recently, I started up a new character. I've got to MarleyBone and am on Big Ben, and my friend told me I was 'under Average Level'. I suppose over time people figure out what 'average level' for being on Big Ben is, and I'm told it's about 28-30. I'm currently 26. I'm not quite sure if 'Average Level' matters, but I was worried about this, a bit like when you're told you have 'under average grades' in school type of thing..

Anyway, just wanted to ask what your opinion was on this and if any of you lot have come across the same 'problem'.

Thanks a lot,
GeneralGames
I wouldn't worry about it. It may be a bit below 'Average Level', but if you have the right gear and a good deck setup, it doesn't matter extremely much. (Unless maybe you're level 46 instead of 48 because of the awesome level 48 spells.)

Defender
May 17, 2014
Actually, you're just the right level for it! I am currently doing it, and I'm level 28. I'm doing it with two more people, and one is level 26. However, I recommend doing some side quests until you get the spell tempest (level 28), it makes your life much easier, trust me

Explorer
Jun 20, 2015
Wow, how did you get there that fast? I am level 35 and I just got the quest to go to Dr.Von Katzenstiens lab.
If you're level 26, I recommend either waiting for a quest for a new spell given by your professor (I'm Storm, so I got Tempest, other schools get other helpful spells that can save you from dying) or going with a team (for best results, grab along a healer, but you can survive without them too).
I usually go to dungeons alone in case your team doesn't even bother helping you (some people just leave you alone because they are that way and others do dungeons to farm for items). You never really know if your teammates will help you or not, but if they do, you're in luck.
Hope I helped! :)

Alexandria Dreamcatcher,

Survivor
Aug 21, 2015
GeneralGames on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:

Thanks a lot,
GeneralGames
I recommend you shoot for the stars and become a late bloomer by completing Wysteria, Grizzlehim, shangribaa and mount Olympus first. That way Marleybone will be a piece of cake. This is what I am doing with my Life wiz (with the intention of being able to solo Big Ben) who is at level 32 and still have yet to do the two dungeons and started marleybone. Otherwise, level 26 is decent in my opinion.

Side: 10

Main: