Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca and beyond for storm wizards

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I will ask the obvious question. Do the developers actually try and solo some of the content with all classes? It seems to me that Aztecan bosses and above will drive storm wizards crazy. I have all my wizards past Avalon and 2 at max level (life and death) but my storm wizard has always had problems staying alive in long fights. My ice has over 6000 hit points at 96 and my storm has under 3800 at 89th level. All the bosses have huge health pools and two decent hits can bust my health pool. I know the tricks about feints and sharpen blades. There are times when I wonder do the developers actually play the game. There are times when solo fights are just plain crazy and the amount of damage output would make you tear your hair out. Henchmen are sometimes the only way to win.

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
I've been doing mostly all the bosses solo in Azteca on my storm so far, they're not that hard at all, maybe you just need a new strategy or better gear. The health is also set that way because storm spells are generally stronger than ice spells. And lastly, Henchmen aren't the ONLY way to win, you have friends or team ups to help you.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
This game was mostly made to not be soloed, but I really agree with you. Because all my friends think this game is boring or really dumb, I can't seem to find a way to get past really hard bosses except with luck. Fire often alternates between really hard, really easy, and OK to solo with. I can only imagine how hard it is for storm. I mean, I get that it's supposed to be the strongest class when it comes to damage, but their lack in health can easily get them killed.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I have never gone to Azteca, or even played a Storm Wizard, but I have read time after time that you should sacrifice some stats for Critical Block. Have you tried that?

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Max Sterling on Jun 5, 2015 wrote:
I have never gone to Azteca, or even played a Storm Wizard, but I have read time after time that you should sacrifice some stats for Critical Block. Have you tried that?
It doesn't seem like that would really help.... He doesn't mention anywhere that he's having trouble with criticals or critical blockings.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
My storm did most of AZ solo except Xi. Block is very important, as someone else said, and having a good heal available when you need it. Mostly you want to hit hard, hit fast, and don't expect to critical bosses, as most have high block.

Team-up is there when you need it.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My Storm just reached L100 yesterday, and he soloed everything. I'm not saying it was easy, it certainly wasn't, and the main cause was his level of health. There were times in the upper levels that he wasn't blocking any critical, even though his crit block was semi-decent at 141 to most and 198/187 to Fire/Ice respectively (at the time). Now his resist is higher .... 230+ to Fire & Ice, and around 198 to all other schools.

I've made sure to keep the crafted gear up, and have made some sacrifice to damage, pips, and critical, for better resist and block, which has helped a lot. I do have a Life mastery, which has saved my life more times than I can count.

Even though I could have higher health, and a couple of other stats, I have found a nice balance between offense & defense to get my Storm through most messes.

Although, there have been times, when I'm fighting a cheating boss and/or it's 4 against 1, I needed a L50 Life Henchman to help keep me healthy because I couldn't heal myself fast enough.

Now, whether the developers tested out each of the schools before launching, or adding new content, who knows. Sometimes I wonder ..................