Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Idea for a side quest

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Hello,

Let me start by thanking all of you for the hard work and creativity that has been put into Wizards101! With each new world, I am ASTOUNDED at the amount of detail that is put into the artistry!

My family has been members since the very first year, It started with our daughter begging me to let her play this "cool new game" call Wizards101!

Our daughter, her name is Lydia, is dreaming of becoming a computer graphics artist. She is very active on a web site for drawing called Deviant Art. Lydia has created a character that has become rather popular on the web site and on a roll-playing web site as well. Her characters name is "Frostbite".

Anyway's, this last weekend when my hubby and I were fighting in a dungeon, I was looking a school art project that Lydia had done using graph paper. She chose to make a picture of Frostbite.

I looked at Mark and said...

"wouldn't it be awesome if kingsisle came up with a side quest in Wintertusk, and have Frostbite as the boss you have to fight. Frostbite's back story for wizard101 could be that she is Morganth's younger cousin, who wants to follow in Morganth's footsteps and we have to stop her.

They could make Frostbite hard enough to beat that a wizard would need to be at level 50 or better to receive the quest and if you defeat her you get a frostbite pet that may cast one of the healing spells as a baby?"

Well Mark thought that was a great idea and ran it passed Lydia to see what she thought...she was pretty stoked about the idea of it.

So, that is why I have posted this...I have not told Lydia, or my husband that I am posting this, as I don't want to get their hopes up. I know the chances of this idea being something you'd really be interested in are most likely slim at best, but I thought I'd submit the idea and send a photo of Lydia's character as an attachment anyway's, because ya just never know, unless you try.

See ya around the spiral and have a great day!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I like the idea . If this turns into a real quest better get those prisms into my deck. Anyways, I think I should elaborate a little on the story, to increase the chances of this becoming real. Needless to say KI can and probably will tweak or ignore my story completely, but I always find it quite fun to create a story once I'm given the elements. Notify me if the quest name has been used already. So starting now:

Quest: Yet Another Cold-Hearted Enemy

You receive a call from Ambrose, that your old friend, Valgard Goldenblade, Bear King of Grizzleheim needs your urgent assistance. You will meet him in the still-frozen area of Mammoth's Valley in Wintertusk. When you get there however, the camp has been ravaged, and there's only a lone survivor who turns out to be, ladies and gentlemen, none other than Ivan Anderson (SPOILER ALERT: just in case the guy whom a raven imprisoned and impersonated with crimes, and he said he will win back his honor because even if he didn't commit those crimes, they were still made by his name END SPOILER). He tells you that he came on this expedition to regain his honor back by accompanying the king.

Ivan Anderson: "It happened so fast . . . an explosion of fire followed by a devastating blizzard ravaged the camp. There was this wizard of Ice [for some, maybe obvious (no offense), reasons the photo didn't came, so I can't give an exact description], accompanied by (insert creature of your choice here). Next thing I know, I'm freezing out here in the cold, and you came along. Oh, wizard who saved me from captivity, would you help me once more? If not, forgot me, but help the king."

Grandmother Raven (narrator): "You cast a healing spell on Ivan Anderson's wounds. Then you ask if there're nearby settlement to start the quest.

Ivan Anderson: Yes, the town of Cloudtyvieron is deeper in the valley. We can gather food and supplies to start our search.

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
You arrive at Couldtyvieron and go into a small shack where Ivan Anderson and 2 other people are waiting.

Ivan Anderson: "Ah, you're here!"

Quest: The Search for Goldenblade

Ivan Anderson: "I have assembled this team of followers of the king. Lycon Starchaser (a lycan wolf) and Bo Snoweyes (a raven)."

Lycon Starchaser: "The king once showed me mercy. Now I will return the favor."

Bo Snoweyes: "I betrayed my people by opposing to the Everwinter. Now I'm of the few ravens loyal to the king."

I know I have tons of characters left but typing all this out sure tires. So once again

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Quest Name Change: An Unexpected Start

Ivan Anderson: "I have gathered food and supplies, wizard. We are ready to go whenever ready."

Narrator: "You feel a sinister aura in the village."

Bo Snoweyes: "Before we set off, Lycon and I have some business to attend to in town. Meet us at the back in 1 hour."

Ivan Anderson: "Fine, but make it quickly. The king needs out help."

Narrator: "Once the hour has passed, you hear a loud, disturbing noise at the back."

Ivan Anderson: "What was that?! Let's check it out, wizard."

You exit out the backdoor using a dungeon sigil. Now, I haven't gone through the level 50's recently, so I don't know the average health or the rank of a mob of those levels. So, I'm just going to put an amount of health and rank, and if it's wrong, please make it proportionate.

When you go out, the village is ravaged and destroyed.

Bo Snoweyes: "It seems you have fallen into our trap. Fools! The Lady of Ice (tell me if that title has already been used) will reward us well for your . . . removal. Now come along quietly and she may consider mercy.

Ivan Anderson: "Traitors! Come wizard, and together we will rid Grizzelheim of these traitorous thrash."

Lycon Starchaser:
Health: 3,700
School:
Spells: Natural Attack (150 damage per pip), Fire Trap, Meteor Strike, Phoenix, Helephant, Fire Blade, Steal Charm, Heck Hound, Scald, Fuel, Smokescreen, Fire Dragon, Choke, Weakness, Sprite
Cheat: Will flee the battle if he has 1,000 health or less.

Bo Snoweyes:
Health: 4,200
School:
Spells: Natural Attack (-60% to next damage spells of any school, costs 4 pips), Tower Shield, Icy Wyvern, Blizzard, Balefrost, Colossus, Freeze, Ice Trap, Frostbite, Ice Blade, Frost Giant, Weakness, Steal Ward

Ivan Anderson: "No! The lycan escaped! Wizard we must consider our next move carefully. Meet me at the shack."

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Ivan Anderson: "That lycan will alert the Lady of Ice, whomever she is."

Quest: Journey Through the Valley

Ivan Anderson: "With this village ravaged, we are alone, wizard. But the quest must go on. These wreckages are not safe though. We have to find a refuge to move our supplies."

Narrator: "You explain that on your way, you spotted a cave located at the edge of Mammoth's Valley, which may work as a suitable refuge."

Ivan Anderson: "Then let's get going."

Once you get to the cave, it's named Mammoth Cave. And you enter through a sigil.

Quest: Base Building

Ivan Anderson: "Ah, wizard. Ice Bats have inhabited the cave, and they don't look friendly. Let's kick them shall we?"

Ice Bat x2
Health: 1,000
School:
Spells: Ice Wyvern, Ice Trap, Tower Shield, Ice Blade, Fire Shield

Ivan Anderson: "Now, we shall place fortifications. Take these materials, and construct an impenetrable fortress!"

You get castle blocks, only usable here, and an item which gives you a hologram on what to build if you don't know what you want.

Ivan Anderson: "Good, good."

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Quest: The Mountains have Ears

Ivan Anderson: "Now, we can properly begin the search. We must not trust anyone, or we may endager the mission. Now, I have heard of a bear camp near Mammoth's Ridge. Even if we cannot enlist them, we may overhear valuable information, and maybe get to know Mammoth Country."

You set course for Mammoth Ridge, you enter the through a sigil to the saloon, and you're welcomed by the bartender.

Bartender: "Anderson! I see you have brought a friend. What brings you two to these distant and wild lands?"

Ivan Anderson: "We're hunting for treasure. We would like to know more about the surrounding areas."

Bartender: "Bad idea! Bad, bad, bad. Very bad."

Ivan Anderson: "Why? Is there anything wrong about these lands?"

Bartender: "You don't fool me Anderson. You're looking for the king aren't you? Well let him go. For months now, our scouts have gone missing, some come back crazed, with a fate worse than death waiting for them."

Ivan Anderson: "Cut to the chase. We're in a hurry."

Bartender: "The tribes around these lands speak of a so called 'Lady of the Ice'. She's probably responsible for all our troubles here, including the king's dissapearance."

An ice meteor strike down on the saloon's center.

Narrator: "You turn to face the enemy."

Bartender: "They're here!"

Ivan Anderson: "No time to figure how they found us wizard, protect the bartender!"

Ice Inquisistors:
Health: 800
School:
Spells: Skeletal Pirate, Feint, Death Trap, Death Blade, Curse, Poison, Plague, Scarecrow, Doom and Gloom, Ice Wyvern, Colossus, Frostbite

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Oh, btw, Ice Inquisitors are humans, whose armor is completely black and blue, with staffs. Their spell animations are the same as if a player were wielding a staff. The staff is a spear with point made of ice, and their eyes are glowing blue.

Ice Inquisitor: "Take the bartender! He will answer to the Lady herself!"

Narrator: "You and Ivan Anderson are blinded by a spell, while the Inquisitors teleport away, the bartender wit them."

Ivan Anderson: "No! He was our best lead!"

You exit and find Mammoth's Ridge Town ravaged.

Ivan Anderson: "Wizard, let's go to the safety of our hideout at Mammoth's Cave. There we can plan our next move."

When you enter Mammoth's Cave through the sigil, you encounter Ice Inquisitors, and Ice Bats waiting for you.

Ivan Anderson: "Alright, maybe that lycan guessed we were going to that town, but there is NO way he knew about this place. Let's take them out."

After you defeat them, you find Lycon Starchaser at the end of the cave.

Ivan Anderson: "You again!"

Lycon Starchaser: "We meet again, fools. I was no match for you with that puny Raven shaman, but this Colossus has single-handedly ravaged kingdoms. We will not go down as easily again."

Lycon Starchaser:
Health: 3,700
School:
Spells: Natural Attack (150 damage per pip), Fire Trap, Meteor Strike, Phoenix, Helephant, Fire Blade, Steal Charm, Heck Hound, Scald, Fuel, Smokescreen, Fire Dragon, Choke, Weakness, Sprite
(Just reminding you)

The Colossal Ravager
Health: 3,750
School:
Spells: Hunmongofrog, Minotaur, Earthquake, Myth Blade, Myth Trap, Pierce, Cleanse Ward, Orthurs
Cheat: Stomps the ground, each round, dealing random , , or 200 damage, to every person in the duel, including his own team. (Not a DoT)

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Ivan Anderson: "He won't be causing us any more trouble. Any idea how they found us?"

Narrator: "You explain that the Ice Bats seem to be working for whomever is the 'Lady of the Ice' and that they may have been spying on your movements."

Ivan Anderson: "Of course!"

Quest: Jamming the Mountain's Ears

Ivan Anderson: "Ice Bats are smarter than your average Blood Bat, and this 'Lady of the Ice' may have somehow persuaded them to spy on us. We have to set up a show of force. If we were to melt the ice on the mountain, that could scare them into seeking a more frozen home. When I picked some of the supplies there were some explosives and highly flammable fuel. We will use it to scare the bats away."

You walk to the other mountain composing Mammoth's Valley, and set the fuel and explosives down. When the fire is consuming the mountains, an almost-melted Ice Bat appears with an Inquisitor.

Ice Inquisitor: "Aha, the Lady will reward me for being the one to capture you, pests."

Melting Ice Bat
Health: 600
School:
Spells: Natural Attack (100 damage per pip), Fire Trap, Meteor Strike, Phoenix, Fire Blade

After you defeat the enemy, Ivan Anderson spots an Inquisitor scout.

Ivan Anderson: "There! Follow him, wizard! Don't let him get away!"

Quest: The Chase is On

The Inquisitor leads you into a trap where you have to fight more inquisitors.

Ivan Anderson: "Now that the inquisitors have been cleared, we can look for clues."

Quest: The Face of the Enemy

Narrator: "You look for clues inside the cave, and find a book. You open it and read it:"

Book Narration: "Remember fool, the base is by the Lone Tree, and LET yourself be spotted at the valley. We will not waste any more search parties on you. Lead the bear thrash and his puny wizard friend to this cave. Let this book in the open. Now for you wizard, we knew that you would be reading this book, and right in the desk there's a map to our base. Find us, and you will find your little bear king."

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Ivan Anderson: "So they're expecting us? This doesn't sound good. I've heard of a Raven Necromancer nomad living as a hermit through these hills. If we find him, he may conjure an enchantment to protect us from whatever trick the Inquisitors may have waiting for us."

Quest: One Last Requirement

You find an entrance to a cave system under Mammoth's Valley. It is called: Hermit's Death Lands. When you enter you find a sign with a Death Skull and a message:

"For those who wish to trespass on my land, beware, for you shall meet only your doom." (not supposed to rhyme)

Ivan Anderson: "I think we're definitely on the right track."

You enter a shack underground.

The Raven Nomad: Arggh, you're interrupting myrrr worrk! Meet yourrr doom!

The Raven Nomad
Health: 2,000
School:
Spells: Skeletal Pirate, Feint, Doom and Gloom, Death Trap, Death Blade, Curse, Poison, Scarecrow, Steal Ward, Steal Charm, Earthquake
Cheat: Can use Power Pips for any school.

The Raven Nomad: "What is it you want?!?!"

Ivan Anderson: "We want an enchantment to protect us against Ice magic."

The Raven Nomad: "You botherrr me forrr a Snow Shield?!?!"

Ivan Anderson: "No, against advanced Ice curses."

The Raven Nomad: "Ah, but what do I get out of it?"

Narrator: "You explain that you and Ivan Anderson noticed all the Inquisitors on his land, and that if he gives Ivan Anderson his enchantment, it would also remove the Inquisitors, plus a share of the treasure found."

Quest: Enchantment Making

The Raven Nomad: "True, I can't take all the Inquisitorrs by myself. Very well, you will need Frozen Weed, a dirt patch frozen by the curse, and the essence of an Ice Inquisitor. Bring me those, and I will be able to do the enchantment."

Once you have collected everything go back to The Raven Nomad.

The Raven Nomad: "Good, good."

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Quest: Bane of the Ice Curse

The Raven Nomad: "Good, now we have all the requirrrements necessary to destroy this witch of yourrrs."

Ivan Anderson: "We?"

The Raven Nomad: "Yes, I do not believe you will succeed on your own. And I want the Inquisitors off my lawn, at that loot you promised me."

Ivan Anderson: "Fine."

You enter a dungeon, how much it will take is beyond me.

Ivan Anderson: "Finally, we shall take back the king!"

The Raven Nomad: "Not so fast. We must first find where is this witch and defeat her."

Ice Inquisitor: "Stop!"

After you defeat the Inquisitors you head through different parts of the maze-like fortress, defeating Inquisitors, and other beasts that reside in the fortress. When you find the "Lady of the Ice" she reveals herself with the king, and as Frostbite of Avalon. To defeat her, it requires you to be a little more high level, 55-60.

Frostbite: "I have been expecting you."

Ivan Anderson: "What have you done to the king!?"

Frostbite: "You do not need to know . . . what?!"

The Raven Nomad: "Yes, we have come protected."

Ivan Anderson: "I ask again, what have you done to the king?!"

Frostbite: You will eventually fall, so no harm in telling you. I am cousin of the soon-to-be Queen of the Shadow Web. Now, fight!

You have to fight Frostbite, an Ice Inquisitor Commander, and a Colossus Minion:

Frostbite
Health: 4,500
School:
Spells: Tower Shield, Balefrost, Colossus, Ice Trap, Ice Blade, Steal Ward, Steal Charm, Frostbite, Frost Giant, Ice Armor, Snow Angel, Weakness, Availing Hands, Fire Shield
Cheats:

1. Starts the battle with an Absorb of 1,000 damage, with an Ice and Fire dispel on each of the player's team, and a Balefrost.

2. If the Balefrost is replaced by another Global spell, Frostbite will interrupt and cast a 0 pip Balefrost.

3. When Frostbite uses . . . well Frostbite the DoT lasts for 2 rounds longer, doing additional damage.

4. Immune to Stuns and Beguile

To be continued . . .

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
5. If her Ice Inquisitor Commander is defeated she will call another one, but with only 1/4 of the original one's health.

6. Has an Aura of +15% damage throughout the entire battle.

7. Can use Accuracy enhancing spells.

8. Can use all Mutated spells (Polar Swarm, Midnight Sprite, etc.) that are

Ice Inquisitor Commander
Health: 2,000
School:
Spells: Sprite, Spirit Armor, Satyr, Unicorn, Regenerate, Guiding Light, Triage, Dyrad, Rebirth, Centaur, Nature's Wrath
Cheat: Always heals Frostbite unless he is below 1,000 health. When below 500 health, he will always receive Power Pips.

When he's re-summoned he will only have Sprite, Unicorn, and Nature's Wrath.

Ice Colossus Minion
Health: 1,500
School:
Spells: Weakness, Tower Shield, Frozen Armor, Snow Shield, Fire Shield, Life Shield, Storm Shield, Myth Shield, Death Shield, Black Mantle, Pierce, Cleanse Ward, Cleanse Charm, Stun Block, Sprite, Earthquake, Blizzard.

After you defeat Frostbite, the king is set free, but before you can capture her she teleports away. You go back to Wizard City and report to Ambrose about what transpired at Wintertusk's Mammoth's Country.

Well, there's my idea of elaboration on the side quest. Hope you like it.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
If the link for Lydia's Frostbite pic didn't work, or as in my original post, didn't show up at all. I am not sure how to show you the photo. I keep trying to copy the URL to it. I have it on face book.

But just in case it doesn't work. This is Frostbites original story line (in case you were wondering) and description.

Frostbite is in her early 20's. she was left as a child at the south pole by her nasty parents. Frostbite started out human, but shortly after she was left, a Yettie bite changed her. She survived, but she has frostbite all over her body, so she has black skin....black as coal! She has Piercing blue eyes, her hair is snow white and down to her knees. Frostbite also has razor sharp teeth....as a result of the Yettie bite. Frostbites clothes are very simple....she wears a strapless gray-ish/blue seal skin that is tattered at the bottom, and has a black piece of rope around her waist, tied in a simple box knot.

Granted, we never would expect KI to keep true to her story...we just thought the Frostbite character as a boss and Frostbite pet (that is usable by all schools, not just for the Ice school) as the reward for defeating her and that the pet "May cast" one of the healing spells, would be cool. Didn't really have an actual story line for Wizard101 worked out. But I really DO like you story concept!

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Your welcome!!!! And thank you for adding your creative ideas for the quest story lines...It is AWESOME!!! It would be so cool if KI actually picked up the idea and ran with it!

I see that once again the link that I added to my last post, was removed. I don't understand why there is a add "hyperlink" button when the link doesn't show up in the post.

Other than you and I becoming friends on face book, I have no clue how to show you Lydia's Frostbite pic. I don't understand why there is a add "hyperlink" button when the link doesn't show up in the post.

At any rate it will be interesting to see what happens...if anything.

See ya around the spiral!

Katie...aka katiemom212...aka Katie SpiritSong, Katie AshCloud, Katie StrongHeart, Katie GriffinRider, Katie FireWeaver, Katie WindRider.

Administrator
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Ohhh.....Okay, I was unaware, but thank you Professor Greyrose, for letting me know why the link wasn't showing up. I am not a pro with computers and I thought I was doing it wrong....lol. My bad. :)

Is there by chance a way for me to post Lydia's pic of Frostbite, so Max can get a visual as to Frostbites look?

Thank you,
Katie.

Administrator
Hello,

You can't post images here, but you can share them on fansites such as Wizard101 Central.

http://www.wizard101central.com/

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Thank you for the info!

Have a great day!!!

Katie.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Hi Max,

Thanks to Professor Greyrose, I have been able to post the pic of Frostbite at http://www.wizard101central.com/ My user name there is katiemom212. If you are still interested in Lydia's concept of Frostbite, I invite you to take a look.

Katie.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
Well, I finally was able to create my Wizard101 Central account. But I don't know what to do next to find the picture.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Hi Max! :) If you go to wizard101 central and type in katiemom212 in the search bar, it will bring you to a group I belong to, then, find my name...katiemom212 and click on it. It should bring you to my profile page. Then scroll down to Albums...it will be on the right hand side.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Katie.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2010
Hi Max, just wanted to let you know that I have also changed my avatar on Wizard101 Central to the computer rendering that my daughter created...hoping to make it easier to find. Again, my user name there is katiemom212, so if you type in my user name in the search bar, it should take you to a group I found there called....
Wizened Wizards click on the group members list, and look for katiemom212. Clicking that should take you to my page where I have her pic posted.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
this is an interesting idea but I started wintertusk (as a balance wizard) at level 51 and it was a huge struggle for me,
I am currently at level 56 and it is still kind of challenging. I think this boss at level 50 would be incredibly difficult