Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why are new reagents not on the ground like others

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
Just curious. You can pick up stone blocks, etc. on the ground in lots of places. Why the new reagents are only drops?

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Lucky Wizard on May 3, 2015 wrote:
Just curious. You can pick up stone blocks, etc. on the ground in lots of places. Why the new reagents are only drops?
Having the new reagents as random items on the ground would require either re-programming existing spawn points to allow for the new item - or create all new spawn points. Also, before the update there were numerous reagents that were only available as drops either from mobs or from gardening, or as bonus by-products from on-the-ground items, ie. Fossils from Stone Blocks, Acorns from Mist Wood, Spider Web, Scales etc.
Making the new reagents drop-only is a simpler way to incorporate them into the existing mechanic.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lucky Wizard on May 3, 2015 wrote:
There are older reagents that are drop only as well. You can't walk around picking up Amber, Turquoise, Spider Silk... There's lots that can only be gotten from drops.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
TucsonWizard on May 6, 2015 wrote:
Having the new reagents as random items on the ground would require either re-programming existing spawn points to allow for the new item - or create all new spawn points. Also, before the update there were numerous reagents that were only available as drops either from mobs or from gardening, or as bonus by-products from on-the-ground items, ie. Fossils from Stone Blocks, Acorns from Mist Wood, Spider Web, Scales etc.
Making the new reagents drop-only is a simpler way to incorporate them into the existing mechanic.
Khrysalis added comet tails. This is what I mean, in future worlds or dungeon places why not have them on the ground like khrysalis does. Sorry i didn't explain properly.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
seethe42 on May 6, 2015 wrote:
There are older reagents that are drop only as well. You can't walk around picking up Amber, Turquoise, Spider Silk... There's lots that can only be gotten from drops.
I wasn't asking for the rare stuff to be found on the ground. Perhaps I didn't explain well enough. I was meaning the new but normal non rare reagents.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Lucky Wizard on May 10, 2015 wrote:
Khrysalis added comet tails. This is what I mean, in future worlds or dungeon places why not have them on the ground like khrysalis does. Sorry i didn't explain properly.
Comet Tails could be added in Khrysalis (and Agave Leaves in Azteca) because KI didn't have to change anything about the world, they were creating it. However, if the reagents were added to existing worlds, it would cause problems. I also think that they're fine as they currently are and do not need to be found on the ground in future areas.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Lucky Wizard on May 10, 2015 wrote:
I wasn't asking for the rare stuff to be found on the ground. Perhaps I didn't explain well enough. I was meaning the new but normal non rare reagents.
Leather Straps aren't exactly rare either, and neither is Ectoplasm, but they aren't found on the ground either.