Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Repeating dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 06, 2015
Several times I have done a dungeon then later in the game get a quest that
makes me go back and have to do the same dungeon all over again. If you beat a dungeon then
have to go back to get or use an item you shouldn't have to fight the whole thing all over again.

Do away with the entrance timers that some dungeons have, there is really no reason to have them.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
yes a good example of this is dragonspyre. the labyrinth. we do it once to defeat someone the second time is for the obsidian chests quest and the third time is for a school quest for the level 48 spell and pet depending on school. I personally hated this cause it took me a hour each time to complete them for certain quest within the dungeon

Historian
May 15, 2009
Ardrea1952 on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
makes me go back and have to do the same dungeon all over again. If you beat a dungeon then
have to go back to get or use an item you shouldn't have to fight the whole thing all over again.

Do away with the entrance timers that some dungeons have, there is really no reason to have them.
those timers are for our benefits in the event your team gets wiped out you can go back without having to start over
judging by your account creation date you weren't here before we had dungeon timers.

before them the dungeon would restart no matter what happened. if everyone left the dungeon it would reset itself and no one would know how long people had before it reset hence why they added the feature.

there was never a time where the dungeon did not reset.

although I can agree that giving us the ability to pick a checkpoint to start from ( so we can jump to where we need to) would be beneficial; I don't want to get rid of the dungeon timers.

*edit* wow.
lol and here iw as thinking about the dungeon recall timer. silly me.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Ardrea1952 on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:

While I'm sure we'd all like this, especially with the Labyrinth, I don't see this revision happening. You can group your quests, providing you are the correct level, and get credit by going in just once (or twice).

Entrance timers are there for a reason and should remain. I don't know how many times someone just decided to jump in on the timer and I backed out to see their stats/level/etc. Most times, I just switch realms and go in on my own. Or if I'm with a group, we do the same. Sorry... 10 seconds is not a big deal.

Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
Well you should go and try leveling up a Death wizard you have to do everything you already did once more to get the spells and also the obsidian quest it's a huge chunk of time.Although i do not completely agree with your opinions,the game needs a challenge why would it be this easy?

Happy Questing!

~Try everything more than once~
Angel FrostBreeze
Level 83 Knight of the Silver Rose

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
I too find that repeating dungeons to complete tasks is absolutely unnecessary.

I partnered up with a level 37 death wizard for my level 38 school quest and, as soon as they leveled, I told them to go to our teacher for the school quest while I waited for them to port back because I didn't want them going through the same annoying loop I had to.

If players are not informed, they may end up repeating the labyrinth twice. Once for Zeke's Dragonspyre quest and again for the obsidian chest. They may end up having to face Malistaire twice even if they don't want the drops because you have to defeat him before you can get to the last flower for Zeke's quest.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
General American on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
I too find that repeating dungeons to complete tasks is absolutely unnecessary.

I partnered up with a level 37 death wizard for my level 38 school quest and, as soon as they leveled, I told them to go to our teacher for the school quest while I waited for them to port back because I didn't want them going through the same annoying loop I had to.

If players are not informed, they may end up repeating the labyrinth twice. Once for Zeke's Dragonspyre quest and again for the obsidian chest. They may end up having to face Malistaire twice even if they don't want the drops because you have to defeat him before you can get to the last flower for Zeke's quest.
You actually don't have to defeat Malistaire to get to the Stone Rose. Additionally, uninformed Death, Life and Myth wizards may have to repeat the Labyrinth a third time for their level 48 spell.