Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 3-20-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hi Wizardly folks! It's Friday, and time to chat about something new and shiny!

Let's talk about having fun at home with games like Tag or Scavenger Hunt! Today, we'd like to ask: if you could create a new housing game, what would it be? What would the rules be? How would you win? What would you call the game? Inquiring Professor minds are interested!

Have a wonderful Friday, and fantastic weekend everyone! Enjoy the Spring sunshine, wherever you can find it!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Champion
Jan 25, 2015
water tag when you press the game the house will appear as if your under water ( if your house is already underwater then nothing will change ) and you would swim and chase other players and when someone is tagged the person turns into a water creature like mermaid or crab or something and that person will help look for players that aren't tagged yet. the player that goes first ( the person the presses the game ) will be the first one to start tagging players this person will already be a random sea creature. and the last one that isn't tagged will win. the time limit would be like 10 minutes or less

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Robber Gobbler Rush!

Game starts with a camera view of a Magic Pantry (looks like a big safe with shelves) and a Gobbler technician blowing the door off with dynamite. The plan backfires and all the food goes flying into the air.

The game begins. Hoards of Robber Gobblers appear in your house, running amok and eating up food-related objects that are landing on the ground.

You and the other players must hurry to collect these objects before the Robber Gobblers get to them, and then return them safely to the Magic Pantry. You get points for each food item you successfully return to the pantry. If a Robber Gobbler gets it first, he grows fatter.

You can carry four food items at a time (like a server at a restaurant with your arms extended). If a Robber Gobbler or another player runs into you, you both get stunned from the impact and drop (or vomit) the items you are carrying. Other players can pick up these items if they get to them before you do.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
OH man I've been wanting to do this idea for a while. Hide and Seek.

RULES: just like normal hide and seek. seeker counts to ten. hiders have ten seconds to hide. first one found will be seeker for next round. Last one to be found is winner. If you get spotted you help the seekers no power ups though.

To make it more challenging for the seekers, the hiders will become smaller and faster. So that means it will be harder for the seekers to. The hiders won't be very small but at least 5-7% smaller. Hiders will get 10% faster. (Maybe 8)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
I would create a fishing game. The game would consist of you fishing for 3 different kinds of fish and whoever catches all 3 is the winner.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Pillow Fight:

Basic premise is that it's a real-time strategy game where all of the players start out with a Pillow power-up that you press the space-bar to actually throw at an opponent (in a straight-line). You'd get one point for hitting an opponent with a pillow with the goal being to have the most points overall.

Modes:

1. Timed: A 3, 5, 7 or 10 minute game mode where the goal is to have the most points at the end of the time limit there.
2. Stock: A 1, 3 or 5 stock match each per player where the goal is to be the last [wo]man standing out of all of the players playing there. Compatible with Timed form as well.
3. Teams: Self-explanatory here really. Compatible with all game modes with the option in Stock mode to have the stocks either shared between all players (i.e. all players on the team share 3 stock lives) or not shared instead there (i.e. each player on the team has 3 lives each). The goal is the same either-way there though; have the most points in timed mode or be the last team standing.

Power-ups:

Cold/Chilling/Frost Pillow: A pillow as cold as ice. Any foe who is hit by this pillow will be temporarily frozen for up to 5 seconds there, but makes them immune to any additional pillow hits afterwards there until they defrost to make it fair for the frozen soul-I mean foe.
Multi-Shot-Pillow: A pillow that splits into 3 pillows upon launch, each going in different directions as well to boot for coverage.
Teleport
Immunity/Break Immunity
Speed Boost
Double-Score Pillow: You get 2 points instead of 1 point for hitting a foe with this pillow here. In Stock mode, this pillow takes away 2 lives instead of 1.
Soul-Stealer Pillow: Blessed by the dark powers of the Hoodoo Magic's Gods, this spooky pillow allows the user to steal a point (or stock) from the hit foe and gain that stolen point (or stock) for their own personal gains. This power-up is rarer than the other power-ups in the game though, so choose when to use it or get it there wisely.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd like a game that simply picks out 10 random rules (from a given set of about 500) and gives you a minute to read them. I call it CalvinWizard (yes, that was a blatant take at Calvinball from "Calvin and Hobbes")

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
I love the housing games! Especially tag since it draws huge amounts of people to my house to play! I'd really love some kind of game where we would have to shoot lightning or other elements at the other players, in order to stop them achieving the goal of the game.

Survivor
Dec 14, 2011
Oh, I love this topic! There could be a paint ball or laser tag type game where wizards could use their wands to fling wisps at each other. This could be done in teams or every wizard for themselves to see who gets the most hits within a certain period of time.

Also, how about a housing item that is a flag pole that teleports you to a game field to play capture the flag (sort of how the fishing retreat takes you somewhere else)? At the start of the game, the flags would be randomly placed throughout the area. As you enter, you would be sorted into teams and each team would have different color of flags. The first team to capture all of the other teams flags wins. There could be power ups that would help wizards defend their teams flags like there is in the tag. Freeze wizards, teleport your teams flag, decoy flags, etc.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Plants Vs. Zombies:

Based on the franchise of the same name (mostly Garden Warfare though), one team is Plants while the other team is Zombies.

Plants: Defeat all of the zombies.

Zombies: Defeat all of the plants.

The plant team is based on the gardening plants in the game right now, while the zombies are based on the undead creatures in the game right now (pets included). When a plant hits a zombie, they get turned into a plant, and when a zombie hits a plant, they get turned into a zombie. Whichever side is able to convert all of the other team onto their side or whoever has more numbers at the end of the time limit wins.

PvZ exclusive power-ups:

Decoy: Places a decoy/fake plant/zombie down that doesn't animate (or has a pet). Enemies who walk over it are frozen in place for a time.

Game modes:

Time: 1, 3 and 5 minute intervals. When time runs out, whichever side has the greater numbers is declared the winner.

Stock: 1, 3 and 5 stock intervals. Whenever one gets beaten, they auto-teleport to a random place in the house but still as a plant/zombie and immune for 15 seconds. Once your lives run out, you turn with only one life/stock on you for the rest of the game.

Timed Stock: A combination of the two above modes.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2012
If anyone is familiar with it, I would make a Hide & Seek Game like the Minecraft mini-game. You would turn into a random object or piece of furniture and you would have to hide. When you were found you would also be it.

The person who starts the game would go blind for fifteen second. I would totally buy this or craft it.

Justin Nightstone

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Do a Freeze Tag game kiosk.

One person is the tagger, and whenever they touch another person, that person freezes. The game continues going on until the special "unfreezer" is tagged. The unfreezer can unfreeze people, and they are specially notified in the chat box that they are the freezer for the current game.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2013
Game name: Assassin

Each player gets randomly teleported to a spot in or outside the house. The goal is to tag everyone else from behind, before they tag you. To prevent the afk glitch from allowing a person to spin constantly and not let you attack from behind, they'll be required to press X if attempting to stop themselves from being tagged, and both players get teleported randomly again. To prevent X spammers, if you press X without a person trying to tag you, you're automatically out. May the stealthiest wizard win.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Maybe a kiosk that when you activate, it puts fish into the water features of your house. And then the players have to try and catch the certain amount of fish they need or the fish type for the game. And if the house doesn't have any ponds, the kiosk can make its own mini ones around the house.

Survivor
Sep 13, 2010
***WIZARD RACING***

Let's face it, who doesn't love racing?... With a Twist!

Let's take what we all loved from such games as:

Star Wars Racing (Pod Racing)

Mario Kart

Crash Bandicoot CTR

...and add a Wizard101 specialty touch to it.

This would include Mounts Specially Designed for the Race, and rideable outside the Race. They could be Craftable, Able for Purchase in the Crown Store, and even Wizard101 could offer a Special Annual Wizard Racing Mount that would be top line, for the most part...

These Racing Mounts can be customizable; Paint Jobs, Body Mods, and even Specialty Parts can be added to give you that Extra Boost in the Race, parts dropped by Bosses in the Game, and Earned by Winning Races.

Wizards then could either Participate in Tournaments across Spiral for the ever desiring Grand Wizard Racing Cup, or Take It To The Streets in PVP Racing, or enjoy Tracks Designed specifically to their houses for fun amongst other Wizards.

The possibilities are endless! With School Designed Racing Teams, Worlds Competing, Guest Racers, Talents and Skills added for that extra UMPH!

Let's Finally Bring The Wizards of Spiral

***WIZARD RACING***

Survivor
May 25, 2011
My game would be called Dance Craz. For 8 or more players, players would press the game and it would bring you to a dance floor. Where said players have dance as many moves as they can in 1 minute, and who ever has the most points... WINS! The player that wins, wins prizes of 15, 000 crowns and cool gear! Also, they win a chance to choose another prize of either 20, 000 crowns or 1 year membership.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
I would like to have a huge snowball fight game, with a twist ... at random times, a thrown snowball turns into the equivalent of an exploded water balloon (big splash of water instead of snow) ... no one knows it will turn into water (less points) until it hits someone. Of course, no pet and/or wizard can get hurt. If there are enough wizards to team up, the snowballs could be color coded: red team, blue team, etc

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Housing Game Ideas:

Snowball Fight:
Whoever throws the most snowballs that hit their intended victim in a set period of time wins.

Bonus items you can use:
  • Rapid fire snowballs
  • Slow-motion snowballs
  • Melt opponents snowballs that are thrown at you

Battle House:

Imagine every room you enter triggers a new battle, with you attempting to get through all the rooms before your opponents can. Whoever gets through the most battles before the timer counts down; wins.

*** Challenge of the level, how many you fight and timer can be adjusted up or down according to level of players, or what the majority of folks accept for conditions ***

Tag the Teacher:

Random W101 Teachers or other familiar characters in the game run around and its your job to tag them all. Sometimes a teacher will actually attempt to tag you, causing you to loose a point
And the first one to tag the most teachers win before the timer runs out, wins!

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I call it waypoint race. Some macic circular things with numbers are randomly scattered throughout the house, (the game mode selection screen lets the game starter choose how many) and the goal is to be the first to pass through them in order and make it back to the console first.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Cyrus's laundry you have to rinse and dry his laundry at the correct times and places while avoiding enemies who are trying to ruin Cyrus laundry!

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I would have a racing game. You would choose a wizard101 mount that you would want to ride for the game (which would also let people get the feel of what that mount would be like if they bought it) and then you would have to race the clock and fly through rings. The time limit for each level could get less and less and the rings smaller and harder to get to. Each level could be a different world to fly through and you could either play alone (if it was a mana game) or you could have one where you race other players for a housing game.

Community Leader
What I would like to see is a bunch of Capture the Flag based games. Most of the games currently in game can easily be won by 1 person doing all the work. A set of "Capture the Flag" games could provide a more team-centered game for Wizard101.

Modes could be something like this:

*Missing name* (A human player being the flag concept):

Players are split into two teams. One person on each team is designated as a "flag" and turns invisible. Each team has to simply come in contact with the invisible player on the opposite team (Ex: Team Cat Thieves have to touch the Gobbler's invisible player before the Gobblers can touch theirs). Powers include speed up, teleport, freeze and Sense (which would point to the general direction of the invisible flag)
*Flags cannot touch*

Capture the Flags (Treasure Hunt?):

Split into two teams and try to collect all of one team's set of flags before the opposing team can collect all of yours (max of 15 for the largest houses, 10 for anything but 250/250 item houses). If you find a flag, you "collect it" and you can CONTINUE searching for, and gathering up to 3 flags before having to return them to the kiosk. The catch: Every player has one power only, Freeze, which can be set to a standard cooldown (30 seconds? 60 seconds? Depends on the size of the team). If you are frozen with a flag, you drop them and the flags are re-hidden.

King of the Castle:

1 flag for every 3 players. A player has to grab a flag and rack up points for every [X amount of time they're holding on to it]. The only way to take it from a person is to freeze them (same as above, each person has "Freeze" with a standard cooldown). Winner is whoever gets the most points by holding ontot he flag the longest within (15 minutes sounds good?).

Alternatively, you can play this like Musical Chairs. Same concept, but play it in rounds (2 minute rounds?). Whoever doesn't have a flag at the end of each round is out. Decrease # of flags each round until 1 person is left standing.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
It would be interesting to be able to play as your own pet and run around the house that way. Most players have pets, and those who don't have a pet equipped could default to a stray piggle for the game. I'm not sure what kind of game best suits this, but being able to play as your favorite pet at home would be nice. Players might get the game just to be able to look like a pet for a while. Who knows? It might become popular just for that.

Perhaps there could be a game of "fetch," but Food Fight has something similar already. I don't have any big ideas right now, but I hope it inspires something good! ^^

Survivor
Dec 25, 2014
If I could choose a housing game: It would be a modified version of 'Tag.'

The players themselves would all be considered 'it', and the aim of the game would be to catch all of the nasty little gobblers running around in your house.

Every time you would catch a gobbler, it would disappear in a poof of smoke related to what element you are. (So if you were Death, when you caught a gobbler it would disappear in a poof of black smoke and you would gain a point)

The player with the most points at the end would, naturally, win. The time limit for this game would change depending on the setting:

If you are playing EASY mode, then the gobblers are green, and run a little bit slower than you. You would have a time limit of 3 minutes.
If you are playing on HARD mode, then the gobblers are yellow with green spots, and run 5% faster than you. You would have a time limit of 5 minutes.
If you are playing on EXTREME mode, then the gobblers would be a deep red with black spots, and would run 10% faster than you. You would have a time limit of 7 minutes.

Naturally, so your wizard will have a chance at catching them, around your house there will be food objects: Pizza, Jelly beans, Cake, Biscuits, and so on. These will be the places the gobbler will run to.

To catch the gobbler without it running away, you must quickly press on the gobbler (at this point the gobbler will turn and look at you) then quickly press space. What will happen is that the gobbler will now be caught by a beam of your element colour will be shot at it.

(I based this off of the fact that I would love a game with all of the elements in as it just goes to show, you don't need to be storm or ice to catch a gobbler!

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
Mount Racing.

A track is created around the house, and you may choose your own mount beforehand.
You race around the created track in the house three times.

Basic but fun idea. Probably exclusive to outdoor areas and certain houses that have enough space.