Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Framing treasure cards and turning them into art.

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
there are some really cool treasure cards in the game and they would look really nice as a framed piece of art on my wall.

How about making a frame we can attach one treasure card to. It would destroy the card and leave you with a piece of framed art that you could then put on the wall.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
tanda1 on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
there are some really cool treasure cards in the game and they would look really nice as a framed piece of art on my wall.

How about making a frame we can attach one treasure card to. It would destroy the card and leave you with a piece of framed art that you could then put on the wall.
I like this idea. The frames could be craftable items using Mist Wood, Parchment, Scrap Metal, the TC of your choice and maybe minerals to represent the school of the TC. Rubies for Fire, Jade for Life, Amethyst for Storm, Onyx for Death, Sapphire for Ice, Citroen for Myth and Garnet for Balance.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
TucsonWizard on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
I like this idea. The frames could be craftable items using Mist Wood, Parchment, Scrap Metal, the TC of your choice and maybe minerals to represent the school of the TC. Rubies for Fire, Jade for Life, Amethyst for Storm, Onyx for Death, Sapphire for Ice, Citroen for Myth and Garnet for Balance.
Peridot is the class gemstone for Myth, and Citrine is the class gemstone for Balance.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Errol Everhart on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
Peridot is the class gemstone for Myth, and Citrine is the class gemstone for Balance.
OK. I was thinking more in terms of the colors associated with the schools (like the fish auras) but whatever works. I didn't realize there were official gemstones for each school. Or why for that matter.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010

Hmm... interesting idea.

It would probably be way to much work to implement this add on, but imagine if they were interactive as well. You could hit X when you're close enough and it activates an animation of the spell in the frame.

Or maybe have two options, the framed picture, and a pedestal that transmits the animation idea into a 3D animation. Basically just a smaller version of the spell in battle playing on top of the pedestal.

I like your original idea though.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
This is a cool idea. I would love to wall-mount my rare cards. I'm probably never going to use them anyway--or can't use them, in the case of Lifebane.

Delver
Jun 29, 2011
TucsonWizard on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
OK. I was thinking more in terms of the colors associated with the schools (like the fish auras) but whatever works. I didn't realize there were official gemstones for each school. Or why for that matter.
The gemstones I mentioned DO have colors associated with those schools, which is why the game designers chose them. And you can learn the different school gemstones from the book pedestals in every classroom.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Nice idea....About 1000 times better then having a picture of selena gomez on my wall.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2012
Kind of like the item frame in minecraft.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Fun idea! Thanks for suggesting that.

Delver
Mar 17, 2011

This would give me something to do with all the insane bolt tc i keep getting sent it kills me every time i use it

Defender
Aug 03, 2011
The word destroyed is slapped right on that screen! When you click it, you destroy the card, and it's not there anymore! Though, how's about this? Say, you defeated a boss and he drops useless treasure cards like spells that has above 7 pips and is not your school, which means you can't cast it. Besides trading, you can right click the card and it will say: Destroy or put in attic? When you put it in the attic, it's not in the deck anymore, but will not be destroyed. However, referring to you, the card WILL be in a frame when placed in the attic and will be considered a decoration for your house. To someone else said, you can right click the framed card in the attic. This time, three options will appear: Destroy card, return to deck, or allow animation? If you click animation, the card will change into an interactive one. Then, place it on a wall or something. Walk over to it, and press X to begin an animation. Press X again to zoom it up. So it's kinda like a video. Alright, we got the house thing done. Back to the card plot. However, there will be some restrictions for the cards. Cards that are from a Crown Shop pack cannot be stored in the attic, and can only be destroyed. Cards from The Bazaar, enemies, and bosses can be placed in the attic. That's my idea.

Delver
Jun 02, 2010
I absolutely LOVE this idea. I really hope they do something like this one of these days.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
I would really like to see this idea implemented too! It would be great and I would see no harm in it at all.

Explorer
Apr 29, 2012