Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

White Tiger Mount

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
I know many that would like to have the White Tiger mount.
Please consider offering it again.

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Um, I have the mount and I don't want it to be released ever again. It's a symbol to the people who played during the time it was released. Plus, the mount is supposed to be rare.

Marissa Waterblade 100
Marissa Dreamflower 34

Survivor
Dec 22, 2013
Giraffe7909 on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
Um, I have the mount and I don't want it to be released ever again. It's a symbol to the people who played during the time it was released. Plus, the mount is supposed to be rare.

Marissa Waterblade 100
Marissa Dreamflower 34
I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but, that sounds very selfish. It's not like people who played during the time it was released are "preferred" or "coveted" by other people. And I don't think it's really a symbol at all, it's a mount and everyone deserves to have what they want, to an extent. I myself want the mount. Please do not think that just because you were playing the game a certain time before others, does not mean you are better than them in any way. Please note that I do not want to sound rude at all.

Sierra DeathShade 56

Survivor
Jul 09, 2009
Sierra Deathshade on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:
I'm not trying to sound rude or anything but, that sounds very selfish. It's not like people who played during the time it was released are "preferred" or "coveted" by other people. And I don't think it's really a symbol at all, it's a mount and everyone deserves to have what they want, to an extent. I myself want the mount. Please do not think that just because you were playing the game a certain time before others, does not mean you are better than them in any way. Please note that I do not want to sound rude at all.

Sierra DeathShade 56
I'm also not trying to sound rude, so I came up with a bad example that kind of illustrates how I (and several others) would feel if the mount was released again. Imagine that you're one of the first 100 people to beta test a game, and after the company released it out of beta, they gave all the beta testers a unique and special item. Now fast forward to several years later. There are now millions and millions and millions of players. When the players realized that the beta testers got an item that no one else got because they didn't beta test, they started throwing a fit because "it's not fair," or "I didn't play at the time and I want that item because I don't care how the people who beta tested feel about it (THAT in my opinion is selfish)." Because the comany felt overwhelmed with everyone complaining, they decided to release the exact item. Now, everyone in game has the exact, same item. No one can tell if you were a beta tester, and everyone looks the same.

The point is that the mount (and other charity mounts) is a symbol of how long one's been playing. In almost every MMO game, there are going to be some items that were available at a certain time, but not everyone can have one.

I do not think that I am better than others. I'm just trying to protect a mount that was made for people who played since 2009. So please, appreciate what Kingsisle is giving players now.

My apologies if I sounded overly rude, but I had to be aggressive and exaggerate some parts to get my point across.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2012
how about adjusting the name to mark the specialness of the mount.
White Tiger (2015)
White Bengal Tiger
or something to set the original and the re-release versions apart.

On the other had. KI re-released the umbra blade with also was a very rare item.
So there is precedence.

Lastly, The White Tiger was a charity item.
if they re-release it, it would be nice if the money went to charity again.
And if the white tiger would raise money for that charity shouldn't that be more important than keeping players "special".

Explorer
Jun 13, 2010
i don't have it but i agree it should stay rare. some things are just not meant for everyone

Defender
May 09, 2010
Giraffe7909 on Jan 26, 2015 wrote:
I'm also not trying to sound rude, so I came up with a bad example that kind of illustrates how I (and several others) would feel if the mount was released again. Imagine that you're one of the first 100 people to beta test a game, and after the company released it out of beta, they gave all the beta testers a unique and special item. Now fast forward to several years later. There are now millions and millions and millions of players. When the players realized that the beta testers got an item that no one else got because they didn't beta test, they started throwing a fit because "it's not fair," or "I didn't play at the time and I want that item because I don't care how the people who beta tested feel about it (THAT in my opinion is selfish)." Because the comany felt overwhelmed with everyone complaining, they decided to release the exact item. Now, everyone in game has the exact, same item. No one can tell if you were a beta tester, and everyone looks the same.

The point is that the mount (and other charity mounts) is a symbol of how long one's been playing. In almost every MMO game, there are going to be some items that were available at a certain time, but not everyone can have one.

I do not think that I am better than others. I'm just trying to protect a mount that was made for people who played since 2009. So please, appreciate what Kingsisle is giving players now.

My apologies if I sounded overly rude, but I had to be aggressive and exaggerate some parts to get my point across.
Awesome analogy man! Felt so good reading through this. But yeah, I agree with you somewhat.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I happened to be sick during its release. So yes I would love to have the opportunity to purchase it.