Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reliable way to get good pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 03, 2015
Is there something i'm missing about hatching? I've hatched like 6 times with really good pets, maybe i'm unlucky, maybe i'm expected to hatch more. Let's assume you all made new accounts, how would you all go about getting a good pet for PvP?

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
Vaple on Jan 20, 2015 wrote:
Is there something i'm missing about hatching? I've hatched like 6 times with really good pets, maybe i'm unlucky, maybe i'm expected to hatch more. Let's assume you all made new accounts, how would you all go about getting a good pet for PvP?
Hi,
If I made a new account, I would probably go with the Starfish pet or the Sea Dragon. You can get a Starfish at the Celestia Base Camp for 10,000 gold, it has maycast Sprite and Spell Proof in first generation.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Starfish

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Sea_Dragon

Good luck!

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Start with the best pet you can get as first generation, like a Sea Dragon, Starfish, or Enchanted Armament.
Train it to adult.
Hatch with the best pet you can.
Train the baby to adult.
Train the baby to adult
etc

"Best" being whatever has the talents you want.

When you get an adult with two of the talents you want most, if it looks like it has the same stuff as the good one, train some more. Keep going if you get talents you want. Stop training and hatch again if you don't.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
I like the Enchanted Armament, however, I dislike it's talents.
So...
First, I get a base armament, usually from fighting the Gladiator in Olympus.
Then, I breed it against a pet that has talents I like, raise the new armament to adult, then breed it again against the same pet with talents I want, raise that egg to adult... etc... until the talent is on the armament.
Next, I find the other talents I want, and repeat the process until the end result is a satisfactory Pet..

For me, that would be an Armament with
Spritly
Energizer
Unicorn
Spell Defy
Spell Proof