Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Just a quick question about exploits.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2012
I'd like to hear directly from the staff/administrator. How exactly is the jade/juju strategy in pvp not an exploit? I'd like a definitive answer even though previous threads I have started inquiring about similar issues have gone unpublished and lost to the abyss conveniently.

How is this not an exploit? Thanks.

Administrator
Hello,

An exploit is when someone uses a bug or other method to cheat the game to their advantage.

You need to be more specific about what you mean by "jade/juju strategy".

If you are just referring to players wearing a certain set of gear and casting a spell that they legitimately have access to, then clearly, it is not an exploit. That is a legitimate use of game mechanics.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
May 18, 2012
So someone with 104 resist to my school who cycles betweens empower and bad juju every single turn making it impossible for me to attack and then MULTIPLIES each one with cloak is not considered exploitative? Got it. There are other games to play and blow outrageous sums of money on where this playing style isn't encouraged. It is outright cheating, and for staff not to take notice and condone this has lost my subscription. Cheers.

Administrator
Hello,

If you believe something to be "unbalanced" that is an entirely different area of discussion and we welcome your feedback.

I just wanted to clarify that the words "cheat" and "exploit" are entirely different and refer to something that is broken or bugged in game.

I am entirely neutral with relation to encouraging use of any specific strategy.

If you have any further specific information with relation to your complaint, I welcome it.

Thanks,

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Taking a step back from semantics over what is or isn't an exploit, it seems clear that Jade/Juju users are using the duel system in a way that was not anticipated or intended for dueling. To be clear, Jopix was probably talking about PvP opponents who are cloaking Bad Juju in order to multiply their available Bad Juju cards with Reshuffle simply for the purpose of spamming a player to the point where he/she is hopelessly inert.

All Death wizards have access to the gear requisite spells to do this, but is it right for them to do this? Does that enhance or detract from the game balance? In my opinion, it detracts severely, and we in this forum have been posting suggestions with fairly regular frequency in order to address this problem. My favorite suggestion is to make the Bad Juju spell non-enchantable with Cloak. That way, Death wizards can still cast this spell as their decks allow, but must eventually change up their strategy to allow for other means. The only purpose Cloak serves in this case is to multiply the user's Bad Juju cards. Eliminating the ability to create an "assembly line" for Bad Juju eases the problem.

Administrator
Survivor
May 18, 2012
I threaten to cancel my subscription every other week it seems, but I'd much rather see some improvements made to the game than leave entirely. I like this game, a lot!

I apologize for my less than calm demeanor, but I have to wonder if the staff even participates/watches these 8-10 hour long matches. Is this really how the game should be played? Don't misunderstand me, I can sympathize with the desperation from the death school being that I play it myself, you've weakened the school to the point that offensive playing styles are simply less desirable than the jade strategy. Nerf the juju spam route and make adjustments to the slim variety of spells death has available to them. At least fix the darkmoor spell, there is no reason it should be 830 damage (by far the weakest) and have no effect other than a drain like every other death spell.

Balance and storm come to mind as schools that need reevaluation in some regard as well, they have equally underhanded playing styles that could stand to be looked at.