Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 1-9-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've almost finished our first week back after a long winter's nap, and with it comes the best time of the week - Feedback Friday!

We normally ask the same first question every year, and far be it from me to break tradition. So, I ask all the Wizards out there - what is the ONE thing that you would add to Wizard101 in 2015 if you could wave your magic wand and just make it happen?

Looking forward to your responses. Happy new year, and stay warm out there!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Mar 01, 2014
How about a wand that hits all enemies. I think that this would be a great idea.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I want Third Age PvP in 2015.
  • fixed matching system, with more options for how you want to be matched, such as default matching (finds match reasonably fast, but can be unfair), restricted matching (no opponents 15+ levels higher than you), and unrestricted matching (finds match fastest, but can result in very unfair matchups).

• niched duel settings such as 'classic' PvP (with no tc or pets), speed dueling (10 second planning phase), team dueling, and default dueling (same as now)

• new badges corresponding to each niche

• much wider bands for PvP ranks, so that there is progression beyond 900/warlord, continues up to 10,000 rank

• a rank reset for all players, restart the age from rank of 0

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
New storylines/worlds that are geared toward the Casual Player -- light, fun, no cheating bosses, but good storyline.

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
more pips slots so we can have more pips. like have 8 9 10 white pips and 16 18 20 power pips

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
I want to see more worlds get fishing holes with some higher level fishing. I'd like them to at least extend into Avalon, though I'll settle for Zafaria if you have fish in the lava of Dragonspyre.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Implement a completely overhauled crafting system. The current one is the absolute weakest of any mmorpg that I have seen. Add recipes, add ways to infuse items with diff stats, attributes, spell-effects, etc. Make the crafted items marketable, so others can purchase them. In summary, make crafting fun, challenging, rewarding, etc......all the things it currently is not.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
A cloak of invisibility. Seriously: there are some areas it is impossible to cross without at least on unwanted battle. Put on the cloak, POOF! you cannot be drawn into battle for a minute. Give it a five minute cooldown to avoid abuse. Or make it cost a certain number of crowns per minute (no gold options!)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
  1. 2 pip wands returned to the game, PvE only
  2. Crafted energy gear that only gave energy stats allowing for bigger boosts of energy
  3. new spells up and down the pip range (the shadow enhanced spells are a great start, but that doesnt mean you cant revisit 4 pip spells either)
  4. Gear more specialized for single school players. When I talk about gear, I mean hats, robes, and boots. most of it seems to be geared towards multi-school players, unless you're ice
  5. More sun spell enchants for healing spells. At least one more for 200 additional health.
  6. More Crafted spells based off of treasure cards already in the game, one example being Potboiler. Just not with crazy requirements. They should not be easy to get, but they should be craftable when they're still useful
  7. A way for us adults to be able to prove our age so we can get it changed and be able to use open chat. now, I KNOW this is a hot button issue, and I KNOW KI's response is, they can't do it, but I would LOVE to see that change happen somehow. After all, this is MY magic wand right? :)
  8. Tabbed Quest Book - a Master tab for each world, and then sub tabs for Story Quest, Side Quest, and Tasks (Zeke quests for example)
  9. A balanced approach to spell after effects, so that when new spells have them, there is a GOOD balance between PvE and PvP usage. I've already shown ways it could be done. I will also say that the new shadow enhanced spells are a start, as was the changing of some of the crafted spells.
  10. Treating seeds like reagents and pet snacks!!
  11. letting us select how many iterations of transmutations we want. So, if we want to transmute all stone blocks to fossils, we get a slidebar showing how many we can do. As long as we have enough to transmute them, we can do 50 at a time instead of one at a time for 50 times

Survivor
Apr 08, 2010
Stack seeds like reagents are stacked. This would make life so much easier.

Defender
Aug 11, 2013
I want to be able to craft gear to my own specs. Choose the specs themselves, choose the ratings [crit rating percentages, blocking, stun resistance, pip percentages etc etc] and then choose to stitch it to whatever random gear I can buy from the bazaar , or gear that's in my back pack that's cool looking that I can't use. THAT is what I want.

Connor lvl 100

Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
I would like to see new furniture items from Wysteria and trees from Khrysalis. And I'm eagerly awaiting the B.O.X.E.S event return!!!! Mostly though awesome new housing items :) team #wizdecorators #glitchmancers. P.s Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for the awesome Yuletide pack additions!!!!

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
I guess I'm a bit simplistic.

I would have:
1. A fish shop because some of us just can't do fishing, but we do love crafting.
2. A real furniture store in Wysteria. Been checking it often and so hopeful.
3. More crafting stuff. Would love to craft some of the stuff I see in the different worlds :)

Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
Being able to control crown shop minions. I've seen minions heal wizards who were at full health ignoring those who are about to die. I've seen minions blade wizards of different schools and hit when they don't have a blade. It would make soloing with minions much less frustrating.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
I would love wands that look like food. Like cotton candy wands, corndog wands, etc.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2011
How bout a way for text players to chat with Menu Chatters. Besides the chat menu.

How about for example Castle Darkmoor? Have a special menu for that Dungeon?

a) For cheat bosses have a selection such as : Don't Use Feint. Don't use universal traps or blades on such and such a boss.

It would help text players and menu players a lot. As you know not a lot of text players want to go into Darkmoor with Menu Chat. Because we cannot communicate with each other.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2013
School based mounts, like pets e.g Storm owl for Storm Students. And each mount would give a special stat to that respective school

Survivor
Oct 22, 2009
Seeds in back packs should be counted like Pet Snacks and Reagents

I think counting a plot and the plant as ONE not TWO housing items is more fair & reasonable
No sense having a plot without a seed/plant, and no seed can exist without the plot.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
I would add fish to either the bazaar or shared bank, so that is easier to get the first you need for the crafting recipes since it uses up energy and are thus limited in how often you can fish.

Survivor
Aug 17, 2011
1) Have an option to turn off combat animations if we wanted to
2) More user-friendly UI
3) Increase the item limit on housing more than 250
4) Since it's kid-friendly game, there's filters under parental control but there's adults that do play and there should be an option of having the filter off.
5) More variety of item mall stuff for girls. Most items are very manly.
6) Add loot specialization to the game so that way we get the gear for our class specifically as an option, but other drops can be included in case we want to sell it. There's enough money sink in the game anyway.

Thank you for reading!

Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
New mount speed 50% level cap more never seen powerful spell add coat of invincibility to the crown shop only the looks not stats i buy it around 5000 crowns or more for that robe look.More new powerful shadow gears for all schools upgrade of malistare gears new red power pips for 3 pips Mega snacks rank 10 to 15 that give 100 points training pets are so annoying these days don't you guys agree?

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
Increased drop rates in higher level/lengthy dungeons (Darkmoor dungeon areas, Tartarus, Atlantea)

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
I would love it if text chat users were able to convey more emotion, i. e being able to make more 'faces' if you will and be able to spell out numbers without having to say "tree seventh ninth" when someone asks you how many more enimes do you have too fight. Just being able to say more things generally because I feel like most text chat users are teenagers and are mature enough to be able to do these things.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2011
i think we should have a place where wizards can get together and share stories and hints tips tricks in game, the commons are great and all but there are way to many beggers and people who don't take the game seriously this area would be for serious players only, members only type thing and if they play with crowns they could like pay a small fee of crowns no gold options what so ever. And to like have the chance to one free reset of training points like in pirate101. Also having like weekly giveaways ranging from gold to no level wands to mounts to pets and even small amounts of crowns, and having like one big giveaway every 2-3 months their prizes could be free membership 1-5 months crowns permanent mounts like rare rare mounts not available to ordinary players. one more thing to consider, the shadow enhanced spells make more of them like with bigger attacks and DoT spells and maybe add more shadow pips like instead of two add up to 6. thanks for considering - Gabriel the Exalted

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
What I would add to the game?
I would like to be able to trade some of the items that I fought long and hard for, to my other wizards! Making many of these items no trade and no auction pretty much guarantees that they will be pet food. What a waste?