Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

am I playing fire school the wrong way?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
  • Hi everyone! I'm having a lot of trouble getting my spells to do a lot of damage and I also don't get lots of healing or good stats. I know a death school wizard who just figured out the trick to playing as a death school wizard and everything is going easy for them now so I was wondering if there is anything like that with fire school because like I said before I am having a lot of trouble with my fire school wizard. Fire is supposed to be the second best school but so far it doesn't seem to be true for me. is there anything I'm doing wrong?
Also how can I make my stats better?
-Natalie dragonehisper wizard level 47

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
nataliedragonwhisp... on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
  • Hi everyone! I'm having a lot of trouble getting my spells to do a lot of damage and I also don't get lots of healing or good stats. I know a death school wizard who just figured out the trick to playing as a death school wizard and everything is going easy for them now so I was wondering if there is anything like that with fire school because like I said before I am having a lot of trouble with my fire school wizard. Fire is supposed to be the second best school but so far it doesn't seem to be true for me. is there anything I'm doing wrong?
First of all, Fire isn't the second best school. No school is supposed to be better than another one. Fire does have the second highest damage right after Storm, but only because of Storm's higher damage boost.

You should have gear that boosts your damage and accuracy. Make use of your DoTs (Damage over Time) and Fuel spell. Heck Hound is your biggest damage spell against bosses unless they're Fire, in which case you should have prisms and a single hit spell like Helephant. Use a combination of Meteor Strike and Scald against mobs. You should have Elemental Blade from Niles in Krokotopia. When you level up, you'll get Fire Dragon, which you should use a lot due to its high damage.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Here's a quick and easy way to play Fire, if you're PvE/questing:
  • Buy Monstrous and Feint treasure cards at the Bazaar
  • Enchant a bunch of Meteor Strike, Phoenix, Helephant hits, save them for your quests
  • When you get in battles, use just one Fireblade and hit with Meteor--battles end fast
  • When you get in a boss fight, put down a Feint, Fireblade, Elemental Blade, and hit.
  • Don't bother with damage over time spells if you're questing (unless it's Fire Dragon), in my opinion DoT spells are more suitable for PvP

When you select gear for your wizard, make sure you get the items that have a+fist symbol in the stats, don't just shop for greater health. When you wear a lot of fire damage pieces, it's like having invisible blades on yourself all the time. At your level you can probably get up around 40% fire damage boost from gear alone.

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
lewski on Jan 2, 2015 wrote:
First of all, Fire isn't the second best school. No school is supposed to be better than another one. Fire does have the second highest damage right after Storm, but only because of Storm's higher damage boost.

You should have gear that boosts your damage and accuracy. Make use of your DoTs (Damage over Time) and Fuel spell. Heck Hound is your biggest damage spell against bosses unless they're Fire, in which case you should have prisms and a single hit spell like Helephant. Use a combination of Meteor Strike and Scald against mobs. You should have Elemental Blade from Niles in Krokotopia. When you level up, you'll get Fire Dragon, which you should use a lot due to its high damage.
Thank you so much!!!!!! Also Sorry about that, i meant second most powerful. Thank you again!! Lol

Survivor
Feb 09, 2013
Defender
May 17, 2014
I suggest leveling up one level and getting fire dragon. Blade up and put until you're level 50-54.

When you reach one of these level, be sure to buy the star spell which gives you extra strength, tough, and elemental blade. Put a few fire dragons into deck, two toughs, two of those star school spells, two fire blades and two elemental blades.
First round, fire blade (or elemental bade if fire one isn't showing up)
Second round, star spell.
Third round (if enough pips to cast): tough on fire dragon, and cast it.
Bam, if you crit most of the enemies are dead. This is also a good technique for fighting bosses which have minions.

Explorer
Mar 19, 2010
Fire isn't really easy to play but a good idea is to get ta life mastery amulet which comes in pretty handy for quick heals while waiting for DoTs to do their job. Using a basic strategy like that was enough for me to solo most bosses and quests. Also, low level DoTs (with enchants) are your friends when wanting to weaken enemies for one hit KOs or dealing constant damage. Hope i could be of some help. 

Survivor
Apr 18, 2010
nataliedragonwhisp... on Jan 1, 2015 wrote:
fire and thunder do massive damage and kill quickly if you are only doing one of those you are playing wrongly.
for healing you need to go to life and train your points some their to satyr is best. for your stats you just need to find better gear.

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hi
I have a level 92 Pyromancer and for the most part he's done very well through out the Spiral although he does struggle a little in Krysallis. All the advice here has been spot on. I would also suggest you train in sun school as you will eventually get a spell that will add 275 damage to all your spells, when you couple this with your high damage spells and a blade and fient you will do massive damage. Don't forget, when you get to Lvl 50 you will learn Critical which can really help if you've bladed and enchanted your fire spells.
Have fun fellow pyromancer!
Michael Dragonflame

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
For ME, the way fire made the most sense, was with a Life Mastery Amulet. I couldnt heal enough to live long enough to outlast them. That being said, what I've learned to do is:

1) a balance of damage and resist gear (by crafting items, farming for some drops, etc)
2) Sun Enchanted spells (Gargantuan, Colossal, etc) are a MUST, Primordial is a HUGE help
3) satyr
4) a SMALL deck
5) Opposite school wand
6) RESHUFFLE

This strategy is NOT for everybody, but even when running some of the hardest dungeons in the game, I dont change my gear/spells much.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
The key is really boosting your spells. Hitting hard shouldn't be much of a problem for a fire wizard because they have the second strongest base power. Casting a blade and a trap is a must before casting a spell, and also for a lot more damage i use the elemental blade and elemental trap cards and a feint for maximum damage. At level 48, you'll learn fire dragon which will do even more damage taking out enemies using this strategy is a piece of cake for me.

If staying alive is a problem, you can either focus on gear made specifically for healing, defense or extra health, or you can do what i do and try to boost your damage as much as possible. You won't die if your opponent doesn't have the chance to hit you

Also, i'm looking for a questing partner so if you were willing to team, maybe we could meet up sometime? I'm sure we could both use the help

Scarlet Sunheart 46