Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance shield.

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 02, 2010
Subject basically sums it up. How about a balance shield? It could be a shadow spell, maybe. It's annoying when the only thing stopping balance damage are auras, weaknesses, and tower shields, and not everyone has these things. Balance is tough in PVP for this reason as well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Nope. It's been discussed way too many times already. It takes away the unique ability of Balance school. It would require prisms as well. It would turn Balance into a school with no benefit and only weakness.

Defender
May 02, 2010
seethe42 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Nope. It's been discussed way too many times already. It takes away the unique ability of Balance school. It would require prisms as well. It would turn Balance into a school with no benefit and only weakness.
Why not make balance the opposite of Shadow then? I'm sure more Shadow hit spells are coming.

And KI can level it out. Right now Balance would have only benefit and no weakness, if you say that putting in a shield against balance would take away all benefit of the school.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
J StormCatcher on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Why not make balance the opposite of Shadow then? I'm sure more Shadow hit spells are coming.

And KI can level it out. Right now Balance would have only benefit and no weakness, if you say that putting in a shield against balance would take away all benefit of the school.
Except, y'know, only universal blades that will be removed if you use a wand hit. That's a pretty big weakness.

Defender
May 02, 2010
Robobot1747 on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Except, y'know, only universal blades that will be removed if you use a wand hit. That's a pretty big weakness.
Damage given by Balance gear completely overrides this, and there's always cleanse charm..

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This whole idea just makes no sense at all and has no reason except to take away the only positive aspects that Balance has and makes it into the weakest most pointless school giving no strength at all. You are taking EVERYTHING away from Balance and giving nothing back in turn.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
there seems to be some confusion on this topic. Iet me explain. Coming from a high level balance perspective there are buffs and weakness to balance right now. one weakness is the weakness spell. Yes many people think that it's incredibly annoying. But only for the reason it's directed at them. Part of human nature is to think incredibly negatively on something that is holding them back specifically. It's why i use many blades instead of traps, because I become less of a threat to the human eye if I target myself and not other specifically, lowering the chances of a tower shield. Heres a problem with that, the balance blade is only 25% boost as to 40% where it should have because of it's damage ratio. Unfortunately balance blades can be applied to anyone making other players think it's very over powered because it's the one blade they can't have. But hey balance blades can be applied to everyone it gives it a huge advantage right? wrong. Balance is not a co operational school. The schools that are co op are and death being on the edge. other schools like and exel in one on one combat. Now that balance CAN'T use elemental or spirit blades without using a extremely predictable attack it's stuck with a 25% with a 20% that costs one power pip (cause who gets normal pips these days). with the fact that balance has no bubble that doesn't benefit the other team more. Excluding gaze of fate that costs a nice 5pips and one shadow to get a decent balance bubble. But back to the topic. The reason balance doesn't have a specific shield is because it's stuck with low damage and low blades and no real aura. Balance faces a dilemma now though. Seeing as no one uses specific shields in ranked because you can't tell what school your enemy is everyone is forces to use tower shields which blocks balance. Now balance is on the even playing field with not much to offer. I would personally like to see a pvp where you could only use spells of your own school an see who wins.

Defender
May 02, 2010
seethe42 on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
This whole idea just makes no sense at all and has no reason except to take away the only positive aspects that Balance has and makes it into the weakest most pointless school giving no strength at all. You are taking EVERYTHING away from Balance and giving nothing back in turn.
There shouldn't be a school which has only benefit and no weakness. All schools have a weakness and a strength, but Balance just has a strength. What I'm suggesting is provide them a weakness yet still keep their strengths. That does not mean I want to "make it into the weakest most pointless school giving no strength at all".

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
I think there shouldn't be balance shields. 1. if you tower shield. and they have no remove wards. they have to use all their blades and traps (Universal) to get it off.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
J StormCatcher on Dec 23, 2014 wrote:
There shouldn't be a school which has only benefit and no weakness. All schools have a weakness and a strength, but Balance just has a strength. What I'm suggesting is provide them a weakness yet still keep their strengths. That does not mean I want to "make it into the weakest most pointless school giving no strength at all".
They DO have weaknesses. They have lower blade boosts than any other school, they cannot clear negative charms without wasting all blade setup or resorting to TC's, Balance creatures have resist to Balance but no creatures are boosted by Balance attacks. The only real strength is that no one has Balance specific shields. Taking away their only strength would make it pointless and leave only it's weaknesses.