Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for member-exclusive benefits.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
I don't really like the idea of giving only members these emotes. I mean, we crowns players oftentimes are spending just as much money on this game as members, but we don't get anything special, no expanded backpack or friends list, and no ability to do Gangam Style in the Spiral! Why not instead of making these awesome benefits for members only, make them for anyone who spends a certain amount of money on Kingsisle games? For instance, we could get one of the emotes once our total purchases in Kingsisle games reaches $25, then the larger backpack at $50, then another benefit at $75, and another at $100, and so on. This way these benefits would actually be for loyalty instead of for anyone who decides to get a one month subscription who may decide that they don't like Kingsisle games and never make a purchase again.

Some other suggestions I have seen are to make the benefits available for purchase in the Crown Shop, or make them like access to the Message Boards and Test Realm; you get them so long as you have made a purchase in the past 30 days.

If you have any other ideas for these new emotes, please post them here, because I don't think it's right to limit such great benefits to those who make a specific type of purchase, and make it impossible to get them if that isn't the type of purchase that you choose to make, even if you have still spent as much or more money overall.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I think some member benefits should be available for crowns, but on a rental basis. Like paying for 1-7-30 days extended backpack, like rental mounts work. Or buying a day/week/month PvP/Derby passport. The same could be done with elixirs for pet, energy and crafting timers.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
But if someone only buys a one month membership, they only get to enjoy those benefits for a month. They don't get to keep them forever. Nor does someone who is a member for 5 years that ends their membership. They lose all of those benefits as soon as their membership expires.

Crowns players are getting something members don't. The ability to play the areas they've purchased forever without ever having to pay for them every year.

If you start giving Crowns players the membership benefits, then you have to do the same the opposite way. After so much money spent, members get permanent access to certain areas/worlds. Most members are also buying Crowns too, so it may not take them very long to reach the plateaus.

Members are continuing to infuse money into the company year round so that they have the financial resources to build new areas that Crowns players won't pay for until they're available.

As a consumer, you choose which benefit is more valuable to you. Being able to do some special emotes with more friends and a bigger backpack, or being able to play every area you purchase forever. If being a member is cheaper and better, then become a member. Having bought areas with Crowns they're still going to be available to you if you end your membership.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Krokenguy on Nov 29, 2014 wrote:
I don't really like the idea of giving only members these emotes. I mean, we crowns players oftentimes are spending just as much money on this game as members, but we don't get anything special, no expanded backpack or friends list, and no ability to do Gangam Style in the Spiral! Why not instead of making these awesome benefits for members only, make them for anyone who spends a certain amount of money on Kingsisle games? For instance, we could get one of the emotes once our total purchases in Kingsisle games reaches $25, then the larger backpack at $50, then another benefit at $75, and another at $100, and so on. This way these benefits would actually be for loyalty instead of for anyone who decides to get a one month subscription who may decide that they don't like Kingsisle games and never make a purchase again.

Some other suggestions I have seen are to make the benefits available for purchase in the Crown Shop, or make them like access to the Message Boards and Test Realm; you get them so long as you have made a purchase in the past 30 days.

If you have any other ideas for these new emotes, please post them here, because I don't think it's right to limit such great benefits to those who make a specific type of purchase, and make it impossible to get them if that isn't the type of purchase that you choose to make, even if you have still spent as much or more money overall.
The whole crowns vs membership has already been debated in a previous post regarding membership benefits (and many times prior). Those with memberships pay repeatedly either each month or annually. Crowns players do not.

And honestly, how important are the emotes in the long run? They aren't. At all.

Explorer
Jun 02, 2012
Ya know how membership is rental? This is the only reason why we get more advantages. But here's a sort out recomended 5$ crowns 1month. Then 25$ should be 3 months of those emotes, back pack, etc. Crowns 80$ 12m this is what I recommend

Explorer
Jan 12, 2012
True, members have to continue to renew their membership to keep their benefits, but what I suggested about getting one benefit when you have spent $25, another at $50 etc. Would reward real loyalty and give everyone an opportunity to get these benefits permanently. As for how much money is being spent, I generally do buy Crowns about once a month. I think Kingsisle should reward us for how much money we are spending on their games, not for the way that we choose to spend it.