Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Meaning of terms

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2014
Hello,

I am recently new to this game. I joined around 5 days ago and I am really liking this game so far.

I have seen so many things on this game what I do not understand. Please may you help me?

I want to fill in these gaps for later in case I forget. It will be extremely helpful if you could help me on this.

Critical rating:

Armor piercing:

Dispel:

Block rating:

Stun resistance:

Regards,
Nathan SoulRiver

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Welcome! I'm glad that you like the game. I love the game too :D

You will learn more about these terms as you progress more into the game.

But for future reference:

Critical(or rating) - Allows you to "critical" your spell with more damage(Clothes,pets,rings,decks can give you critical

Armor Piercing- this is the amount of pierce you have on your character. (Let's say that a boss puts up a tower shield and you had 12% pierce. You would be able to "pierce" through that tower shield so the tower shield would be worth of shielding 38%)

Dispel - this is a spell where you can cast on your enemy, not allowing him to cast a spell. He/she would fizzle on it(NOTE: there are specific school dispels from various people in the Spiral)

Block (or rating) - this can block the critical

Stun Resistance - this amount of stun resistance can help you a lot. (Ex. If you had some stun resistance and was in a battle, the enemy's attack would be nothing. It would only be 0%, causing you no harm or damage whatsoever.

I worded these terms a bit weird. Could be confusing but I hope it can help you.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2014
Ahh! Thank you dalem28 for the in depth meanings!

Regards,
Nathan SoulRiver

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Critical rating:
The higher your rating, the more likely you will attempt a critical hit (double ordinary hit damage). Just to be clear, it is not a strength statistic. It is only the chance of a critical hit attempt.

Armor piercing:
Piercing cuts through stat resistance. If I have 5% resistance to your school and you have 5% armor piercing, my resistance is 0.

Dispel:
A dispel prevents the casting of a spell, costing the user all of the pips that spell would have cost.

Block rating:
The higher your rating, the more likely you will block any critical hit attempt. It is not a strength statistic. It is only the chance of blocking.

Stun resistance:
The higher your stun resistance, the more likely you avoid being stunned. (Instead of "Stunned!," a shield will appear in front of you and say "Stun Resisted!")

Survivor
Feb 21, 2014