Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mystical Barrier

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2013
So you're walking around the Spiral, running wild and free, and all of the sudden you are stopped by this mystical barrier.
You try jumping over this mystical barrier, but with no success, you are still stuck in the same spot.
You turn to an angle a bit to find that you can't get over this 1 inch of a ledge. And you face palm so hard, Merle Ambrose could feel its ridiculousness.

Is there a way these 1 inch ledges on the ground could be walked over by chance? Because I've been caught by these buggers more than once, ever since playing W101, where in most games, these ledges could be jumped over or walked over with ease.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
leflamewizard on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:
So you're walking around the Spiral, running wild and free, and all of the sudden you are stopped by this mystical barrier.
You try jumping over this mystical barrier, but with no success, you are still stuck in the same spot.
You turn to an angle a bit to find that you can't get over this 1 inch of a ledge. And you face palm so hard, Merle Ambrose could feel its ridiculousness.

Is there a way these 1 inch ledges on the ground could be walked over by chance? Because I've been caught by these buggers more than once, ever since playing W101, where in most games, these ledges could be jumped over or walked over with ease.
Jumping in this game doesn't really do anything, it never has, and I don't see them changing it after 6 years.

I've never gotten stuck like that... maybe watch where you're going? I have, however, gotten hung up on corners of fences for no reason at all. *shrugs* It's just one of those funny little things about the game...

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
leflamewizard on Oct 12, 2014 wrote:

There are some areas to which you won't be allowed access until you complete certain quest lines. There won't be any visible barrier or any notification that you aren't allowed to go there yet. You just can't pass. Maybe you've run into one of those? Early in the game, if I remember correctly, these areas, one of which is Triton Ave., give you notification that you must be a member to progress further. Later in the game though, Dragonspyre, Celestia, Avalon etc., these similar areas give no warning. Also, throughout the entire game there will be areas that have no bearing on gameplay so even though they appear to be accessible they're only there for continuity.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think I know what you're talking about. I don't remember where all the places are/were in all of the different worlds, but an example of what I think you're talking about can be found in the Red Barn Farm. That little "hill" outside the entrance to the house, you can't walk over it. There are a couple of other places at that castle where the same holds true, though I don't remember where they all are without testing it again.

But there are spots in the game that do the same thing. Sometimes they push you into mob bosses trying to get around them. Other times they don't. One in particular that I remember now is that pond in Celestia Base Camp.

Sometimes it's something above ground, other times it's a slight hole or crack in the ground that you have to change your course to get around. Some of them are more frustrating that others.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I know those too well i used to get stuck in th halloween pumpkins sometimes also the marlybone rope coils both the housing item and the ones on the rooftop that used to get me dragged into battles all the time. its usually little decorative things like rock piles or bones and piles of "whatever" with their weird hitboxes getting me stuck on them