Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Not really an issue, just a thought...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I'm just going to say now: I do NOT mean to offend anyone with this post, thats the last thing I want to do

I've wanted to get this off my chest for a while to be honest, since I see this all the time, I want to see what you guys on the message boards think about it.
Every time I go into wizard city, I see the same thing; everyone with the same outfits, mounts and style.
I don't know why this bothers me so much, It's not like that makes me dislike these people, it just reminds me a lot of real life, everyone dressing the same and trying to do the same as others. Don't get me wrong, I love the outfits players wear in the game, I have nothing against that! I find the outfits really cool to be honest, It's just that I see the same thing everywhere I go in the game.
This isn't really an issue to me like I said before, and not everyone does this.
What do you guys think about it? Feel free to express your opinions, just please don't fight about it! Thanks for replying if you do!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Madison Dragonride... on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
I'm just going to say now: I do NOT mean to offend anyone with this post, thats the last thing I want to do

I've wanted to get this off my chest for a while to be honest, since I see this all the time, I want to see what you guys on the message boards think about it.
Every time I go into wizard city, I see the same thing; everyone with the same outfits, mounts and style.
I don't know why this bothers me so much, It's not like that makes me dislike these people, it just reminds me a lot of real life, everyone dressing the same and trying to do the same as others. Don't get me wrong, I love the outfits players wear in the game, I have nothing against that! I find the outfits really cool to be honest, It's just that I see the same thing everywhere I go in the game.
This isn't really an issue to me like I said before, and not everyone does this.
What do you guys think about it? Feel free to express your opinions, just please don't fight about it! Thanks for replying if you do!
I am not sure what the reasoning is for today but I know yesterdays can be summed up in 2 words:

Instant Popularity.

Buy winged outfit and cat mount and go sit in the commons. You can now can make or be friends with tons of wizards just like you. Rather then make your own niche, join one that is already started.

Personally I have always stitched gear that seemed to fit my wizards school and play style and my fav mounts are the bought for gold dragons, red/pink/blue. The motion of the cats while running is to bumpy for me and since I mainly quest in the game I need a mount that travels well.

Mary

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think you're right that there's a lot of "conformity," but a lot of players want to differentiate themselves and would appreciate more ways to do it. Hair pieces were a good start at customization, but I'd like to see more options for clothing. It doesn't have to be extravagant. Maybe KI could look into a few new stitch-clothing pieces (hoodie, blue jeans, and sneakers please?) and possibly a couple of new colors in the dye palette?

Survivor
Sep 23, 2014
I'm a rebel. I'm saving up for a permanent enchanted broom

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
probably because there is only a few outfits that looks good.

i usually wear the masked hood on girls cause faces of girls are just blah...

as you mention, it looks cool and everyone wants to look cool. when there are only few outfits that looks cool, most people will wear just that.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Madison Dragonride... on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:

People probably wear the same things because that gear is good or it's in. I don't see the issue, it doesn't mean you have to wear those things. I've always been kind of an oddball. I rarely stitch and I go mostly for the stats of items of clothing so I always have a weird mixture of different styles of clothes.

With any place where humans are, it's going to turn out like this. It's most people's nature, and it's not their fault if king's Isle just came out with some cool new gear that a lot of people want. I don't see why you're upset about it.

Myrna Dragoncloud, Legendary

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
iNisaOk on Oct 11, 2014 wrote:
probably because there is only a few outfits that looks good.

i usually wear the masked hood on girls cause faces of girls are just blah...

as you mention, it looks cool and everyone wants to look cool. when there are only few outfits that looks cool, most people will wear just that.
I guess thats true, I think they could add more faces for girls and some more outfits in general.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
If it makes you feel any better, I wear pink hair with goggles, the unstitched Hades robe, and the Hades boots or Khyrsalis crafted boots, unstitched, depending if I'm in PvP or PvE.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
I agree.

I'm not like that, though. I'm not very social, so I don't really want to make friends anyway (if I wanted to make friends I would get off my laptop and go outside xD). I usually just wear dropped items that give me more power/defense/etc.

Bailey Skullvault, Legendary Pyro

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2012
I just get those outfits and mounts because I like them, not 'cause that what everyone else is wearing or riding. I really like the archangel and guardian's gear, and the big cat mounts look cuddly and squishy. But yeah, some people do that just to be popular. It's not cool. Buy what you like, people. Not what other people like.
P.S. rikidog1, Broomers forever

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
rikidog1 on Oct 10, 2014 wrote:
I'm a rebel. I'm saving up for a permanent enchanted broom
Same here. I see a lot of folks with the huge, impressive (in their opinion) mounts and really what do they accomplish? In my opinion the only thing they're good for is getting you pulled into battles you would rather avoid. When I went to purchase a permanent mount I looked at a few before I finally just decided to go the cheap, simple route with the Broom. Gets you there as fast as any of the others, cuts down on beggar bother and makes it a lot easier to navigate tight areas where street mobs are walking. I'm also not big on Crowns so my choices were narrowed to the mounts that could be purchased with gold which is a very short list.