Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best balance level 60 gear other than Waterworks?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Hi I just turned level 60 a few hours ago.

So I was doing research on Waterworks and it seems like some of the best gear in the game only I don't have the time to spend hours and hours on a dungeon where everyone cheats and the drop rates are completely ridiculous.

here are other reasons why I am not cut out for waterworks:

I do not have text chat, so no one will go with me just because I can't text chat with them.

It would be my first time doing waterworks, and from what I've heard, no one likes to go with rookies.

I have Bazaar gear.

I'm balance, and from what I've read, storm and life wizards are in high demand for Waterworks.

so, yeah, tons of things are wrong with me that makes me terrible at waterworks. It's sad to say but just because all these things are true, I will never, ever get to farm for some of the best gear in the game

So my question: Does anyone know the best balance level 60 gear other than Waterworks? I'd really like to know because I have level 56 gear right now.

Thanks....

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
Hi I just turned level 60 a few hours ago.

So I was doing research on Waterworks and it seems like some of the best gear in the game only I don't have the time to spend hours and hours on a dungeon where everyone cheats and the drop rates are completely ridiculous.

here are other reasons why I am not cut out for waterworks:

I do not have text chat, so no one will go with me just because I can't text chat with them.

It would be my first time doing waterworks, and from what I've heard, no one likes to go with rookies.

I have Bazaar gear.

I'm balance, and from what I've read, storm and life wizards are in high demand for Waterworks.

so, yeah, tons of things are wrong with me that makes me terrible at waterworks. It's sad to say but just because all these things are true, I will never, ever get to farm for some of the best gear in the game

So my question: Does anyone know the best balance level 60 gear other than Waterworks? I'd really like to know because I have level 56 gear right now.

Thanks....
I think crafting the level 56 gear in Wintertusk is the only other gear that is "almost like" ww gear. I didn't get my WW robe till the end of Zafaira and used the lvl 58 Bazaar gear and I mostly solo. When the Wintertusk gear came out I started crafting that because I did complete the crafting quests though the Seal of the Seven Seas.

Back when I did do WW it was hit and miss, some times taking 1 1/2 hrs to once was 4 because I did it with random people. Many times they left before even the second fight and I had to abort the entire thing so menu chat or not it can be no fun if you don't have your own "team" for it. Altho I did return with my death wizard I got such a bad taste in my mouth with that place I decided the Wintertusk gear would avoid a lot of wasted game hours.

It is also a good idea to check out the guides on Wizard101Central if you do get in because then you are aware of the cheats etc. which is one of the reasons menu chat may get dissed at the door here.

A lot of menu chat players have to give up the game out of frustration or just get tired of waiting for help with something. Sadly not everything in the game is easily soloed so that doesn't help. Clearly safety has to come first but I believe it puts menu chat at a major disadvantage in the game.

Mary

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Next best is 56 crafted from Wintertusk, which can get you to AZ. See Carax Strongthread in Sudrilind.

Don't give up on Waterworks though. There are people who will help you. Check out the help and meetup threads on Wizard101Central. With a good team you can run Waterworks in under 40 minutes.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
hi there~

first of all, congratulations on your achievement. my first wizard was balance as well, and level 60 was when all the effort i had put into her started to pay off.

in dungeons like waterworks, we are invaluable. what good are storm's big hits, with no one to buff them up and keep them alive? what good are life's massive heals, with no one to use them on? instances like these are all about teamwork and cooperation.

as an adult with open chat, i understand the language barriers faced by menu-chatters. ki hasn't given you guys the tools with which to communicate properly, and a lot of you suffer for it. i have done waterworks with menu-chatters, and the frustrating part for me is that i can't strategize with them; the system has been in desperate need of an update for some time, but we always muddle through as best we can.

that said, you don't have to do it if you don't want to. the wintertusk level 56 crafted gear is pretty much on-par with waterworks stuff, so get your crafting skill up (if you haven't done so already) and go see carax strongthread in sudrilund.

(in order to craft the gear, you must be level 56 or higher and have completed the quest 'su su sudrilund'.

good luck!

-von
exalted

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
Waterworks gear drops aren't too bad; I got mine in 3-4 tries. If you are looking for better gear look for the Wintertusk crafted gear, or the level 58 Celestia gear.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
Hello!

I would suggest (if you have access), to craft the Wintertusk set. (Perhaps you could teleport to a friend? We could coordinate if you'd like)
This set requires the Grandmaster Artisan rank.

The recipe vendor is named Carax Strongthread and is in Sudrilund.

Steady Chieftain's Helm
Chief's Garb of Honor
Boots of the Power Play

If you aren't able to obtain those, then the next I would recommend is Celestia crafted gear or bazaar gear.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Hi. Finding people to go with me has been difficult but I did manage to do Waterworks twice and got an ice mastery amulet and the cape of judgement, and I think I might not give up on Waterworks. It is going to be hard but I'll try going to Wizard101 central like one of you suggested, and if it doesn't work I'll become an artisan and craft some stuff. Thanks to all who replied.