Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard101 characters need some better faces!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
I'm pretty sure that this topic was talked about more than twice before, but it seems like the barest amount of attention was paid to it.

Wizard101's faces are pretty much some variation of , , , or . The same sort of eye color, and it's a given preset that you cannot change at all.

I'm looking at Pirate101 right now - what I like about its character design more is that not only can you choose the eye color on your characters, but many of the faces are also a lot -better- than Wizard101 faces, outright speaking - the texture and design is so much better and the detail and variation are huge pluses; it makes them look a lot more ... realistic, you can say?
I've played Pirate101 for a couple of months, and when I returned to W101, my wizard's facial expressions didn't quite par up to speed.

I think I did hear someone mention that the two games are different in a (locked) topic similar to this; that you can't import Pirate101's texture files or settings just like that into Wizard101 because the former was more graphically advanced than the latter and the two don't have compatibility with each other, or something like that.
But even if that was so, some day Kingsisle should consider at least letting us change our W101 characters' eyes, and if possible, add a few more facial presets in from scratch.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Sparkarm on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that this topic was talked about more than twice before, but it seems like the barest amount of attention was paid to it.

Wizard101's faces are pretty much some variation of , , , or . The same sort of eye color, and it's a given preset that you cannot change at all.

I'm looking at Pirate101 right now - what I like about its character design more is that not only can you choose the eye color on your characters, but many of the faces are also a lot -better- than Wizard101 faces, outright speaking - the texture and design is so much better and the detail and variation are huge pluses; it makes them look a lot more ... realistic, you can say?
I've played Pirate101 for a couple of months, and when I returned to W101, my wizard's facial expressions didn't quite par up to speed.

I think I did hear someone mention that the two games are different in a (locked) topic similar to this; that you can't import Pirate101's texture files or settings just like that into Wizard101 because the former was more graphically advanced than the latter and the two don't have compatibility with each other, or something like that.
But even if that was so, some day Kingsisle should consider at least letting us change our W101 characters' eyes, and if possible, add a few more facial presets in from scratch.
It's already been suggested and denied by KI. We cannot change characteristics like eyes on our wizards, and won't be able to do so.