Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Update Ideas: Team Up, Traps, Prism, Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 11, 2011
1. Team Up. This has been one of the best improvements since mounts, IMO. However, I had an idea for ways to improve this further still.
  • Solo Option - Some people want to Solo on dungeons and bosses. Standing on the sigil for the countdown is an opportunity for others to join, which is difficult for someone wanting to go in alone.
  • Full team - There are dungeons that really need a full team of four in order to complete. This option would over ride the two minute countdown, and instead wait until there is a full team of four ready to go in.
  • Half dungeon/Secret boss - This is mainly to prevent people starting a dungeon, then quitting halfway through and leaving others stranded. Places like Waterworks sometimes people will farm only halfway through instead of the entire dungeon, or in Altantea when they only want to farm the squid. This will help prevent frustration of starting a dungeon for quest, and not finishing because your team left.
  • Team Up Icon - When a player has entered team up mode, having an icon appear above their heads. When someone approaches a sigil, they would see to join the team up, if they chose, rather than jump on the sigil.
  • Motion - Being able to move while in team up so one can see around them.
2. Traps - It can be difficult to see between curse, hex, feint, and death traps, especially when there are many around the target. Simple solution is changing the art of the death so the spikes are white.

3. Balance prism - Both single and mass. Convert -, -, -, -, -, -, -. This would help Balance support other schools more effectively, and also still be able to use Balance spells against Balance bosses, by converting the spell to a random school of damage.

4. Spectral Blast - there is an element based blast for balance. Maybe have a 6 pip cost for a blast that goes between ?

Survivor
May 26, 2011
I really like these ideas, especially the Team Up/Dungeon changes. Hope to see these implemented in some way.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Defender
Sep 17, 2011
ElvenGoddess86 on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
1. Team Up. This has been one of the best improvements since mounts, IMO. However, I had an idea for ways to improve this further still.
  • Solo Option - Some people want to Solo on dungeons and bosses. Standing on the sigil for the countdown is an opportunity for others to join, which is difficult for someone wanting to go in alone.
  • Full team - There are dungeons that really need a full team of four in order to complete. This option would over ride the two minute countdown, and instead wait until there is a full team of four ready to go in.
  • Half dungeon/Secret boss - This is mainly to prevent people starting a dungeon, then quitting halfway through and leaving others stranded. Places like Waterworks sometimes people will farm only halfway through instead of the entire dungeon, or in Altantea when they only want to farm the squid. This will help prevent frustration of starting a dungeon for quest, and not finishing because your team left.
  • Team Up Icon - When a player has entered team up mode, having an icon appear above their heads. When someone approaches a sigil, they would see to join the team up, if they chose, rather than jump on the sigil.
  • Motion - Being able to move while in team up so one can see around them.
2. Traps - It can be difficult to see between curse, hex, feint, and death traps, especially when there are many around the target. Simple solution is changing the art of the death so the spikes are white.

3. Balance prism - Both single and mass. Convert -, -, -, -, -, -, -. This would help Balance support other schools more effectively, and also still be able to use Balance spells against Balance bosses, by converting the spell to a random school of damage.

4. Spectral Blast - there is an element based blast for balance. Maybe have a 6 pip cost for a blast that goes between ?
Most of the things i do agree with you except the part with prisms.
i do have balance and trust I soloed him to Exalted. The only time I didn't Solo is: Waterworks, Tower of Helephant, Tartarus, Castle Darkmoor. Oh and the Final Dungeon in Celestia. (When I was lvl 58)
The rest Solo without henchmen. Didn't feel I needed Balance Prism at all. Everything what you need to do is give a little thought on what you will need in battle and how you should prepare for it with gear and deck set up.

Now about Spectral Blast thing with Spirit School being used.
There is a pet that gives that spell. But real Spell would be nice to have. If that was to be implemented then it might as well ruin the game. However here is another idea about it.
Spectral Blast .
Instead of hitting and doing damage it should be more of a self support spell.
So.
If It will heal you for 300
If It will hit for 350 And Swap 50% to self.
If It will remove Shields that are of a Spirit School. (if Any)
Tell me what you think about that idea?

Nicholas Star

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I posted something like this on Central the other day regarding the Team-Up feature. Team-up is incomplete. It needs work in order to unlock its potential.
  1. 15 min team-up cooldown; if you abandon a team-up, it needs to be a hot minute before you can try again. Finding a team shouldn't be like pulling teeth. Just make it work.

2. Players need to be able to view all the following information before anyone is assigned to a team:
  • other players' schools,
  • other players' levels,
  • team mission (farm mid-boss, complete run-through),
  • team member roles (hitter, tank, support)

And there should be a full list of queues you can join, similar to Practice PvP. It makes no sense to assign people on a first-come, first-serve basis unless you implement a QuickJoin feature.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
I agree about seeing at least the level. It would be nice to be able to click on their name and see their stats, much like in the friend window. I have gone in to some places and after looking at their stats, realized I was in with a high level newb. Or worse, with a mute. That is difficult to work with as someone who never uses the chat menus.