Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Can a different school such as a fire get a Triton pet (storm) through hatching? I have spent over 200,000 gold trying to hatch with people and I think that it is unfair for me to spend 200,000 more gold, not knowing that i can't get the pet. Can someone please help me?!?

Survivor
May 28, 2014
My life wizard got a storm lil siren by hatching a life sea turtle with my friend's siren.

So if I understand your question, then the answer is yes. The hatchling will be the school of one of the parents, and it could be either parent.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
No. Pets from school quests can only go to wizards of that school, but they can be mixed with other school pets of the same level to make hybrids.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Delver
Oct 27, 2009
If it's a school pet, it can't be equipped by other wizard schools. People were hatching pets they couldn't use, and were unhappy with that. That's why they don't hatch for wizards of the wrong school anymore. What you can get is a hybrid pet, if you are using the right combo. The hybrid can have the form of the other school pet, with a change to show which school pet they were mixed with. As an example, I mixed my wyvern with a myth school humongofrog and got a blue colored humongofrog, that still has the myth spell card. If the forest lord life pet is mixed with the same level storm pet, a cloud beast can result. It looks like a white forest lord, and has the life forest lord spell.
If you hatch a bone dragon with a triton, you could get a mist triton (death school) or another bone dragon. If you hatch a mammoth with a triton, you could get an arctic triton (Ice school) or another mammoth. Both those triton hybrids have the storm card. If you can find someone with a mist or arctic triton, you can try hatching one of your pets with theirs, hoping to get the other person's type of pet, though you could get another of your own.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Satinsfury on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
Can a different school such as a fire get a Triton pet (storm) through hatching? I have spent over 200,000 gold trying to hatch with people and I think that it is unfair for me to spend 200,000 more gold, not knowing that i can't get the pet. Can someone please help me?!?
Triton is a Storm School only pet.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Pet:Triton

There is no fire pet you can hatch with to get the look of the Triton either.

Mary

Survivor
May 10, 2014
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
I also have a storm, not yet level 78, I have put a ton of gold on him, if I were to hatch for the triton with him would I still have a chance of getting it because he is also a storm?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Satinsfury on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
I also have a storm, not yet level 78, I have put a ton of gold on him, if I were to hatch for the triton with him would I still have a chance of getting it because he is also a storm?
Yes, you do have a chance to get that storm pet on a storm wizard even if it's a higher level pet then you are able to get yet.

Mary

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Thank you, everyone who responded, and just out of curiosity, could I get a rough estimate of what the percentage is for getting the triton pet on my storm wizard (example:20%chance each hatch.)\

Also what if you say hatched a hybrid of a wooly mammoth(the ice school pet, and it would still be a wooly mammoth, just a hybrid version of it) could you still get a hybrid of a triton, also just out of curiosity lol.

P.S also, thanks again everyone.