Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Rating lowers over time? (Glitch?)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Hello all! I have a major question on critical rating. I recently got the Tartarus gear, which got me up to 373 Critical rating!!!! I have checked the percentage rating, which is 68%.

My wand Critical Rating was 5%, but today I found it to be 4%.

Was this added to the update? Or is it a glitch?

Thanks in advance!

John BearShade Level 96

Administrator
Hello John,

Which wand are you using that used to have a 5% critical rating, that now is displaying a 4% critical rating?

Is that the only item that changed?

community@wizard101.com
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
As you level up, your critical rating is penalized more, so the higher level you go, the less critical you have.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Critical percentage drops o.1% per item for each level past 50. It's not a glitch. There is level decay built in to the system deliberately.

So if a gear item gives you 5% at level 50, it gives 4% at 60, 3% at 70, etc, leveling at 1%

Survivor
Jul 01, 2011
Hello,

I've been using the Hades' Flamemaker. Only my wand has been losing its percentage. The gear hasn't changed..

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
John BearShade on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

I've been using the Hades' Flamemaker. Only my wand has been losing its percentage. The gear hasn't changed..
I believe that has double crit ratings - 40 universal rating which would give 5% at level 90, but 4% at level 100, and 86 fire rating, which I think is 14% at 100. In any case, for every 10 levels your wizard go up, crit goes down 1% per rating.