Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm water elemental minion

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
First time i put the minion out in play I used max pips to place it. Then all the minion did was heal itself for three turns while rest of us defeated the opponents. I have no need for a minion that will not be active in game. This will probably be the last time i use the minion as i can use the pips for something better. If the minion is suppose to do more than heal itself, then game needs to look into why it isn't. The spell is useless to me and takes up room in my deck.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2014
Lol i know that feel,
minions sometimes go useless but they are not. minions could be of great use sometimes just need to try it out again, it can heal you too when you you need it and if its a storm minon then it surely can attack

Hero
May 02, 2009
The water elemental minion is NOT (keyword: not) meant for attacking-he's meant to divert the attention of the enemy ai players onto you (this includes other players summoned minions as well) in order to give you more time to set-up to heavily damage/kill the opponents. There's actually a YouTube video that The Friendly Necromancer posted a couple of months back that shows just what the water elemental minion can really do in a pinch, so check that out when you can (he did this on his storm wizard angus unicornpants, who beat the first story arc of the game using only a starter deck and a wand as well).

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
2x4 two step on Sep 10, 2014 wrote:
First time i put the minion out in play I used max pips to place it. Then all the minion did was heal itself for three turns while rest of us defeated the opponents. I have no need for a minion that will not be active in game. This will probably be the last time i use the minion as i can use the pips for something better. If the minion is suppose to do more than heal itself, then game needs to look into why it isn't. The spell is useless to me and takes up room in my deck.
the storm minion is horrible and a total waste of time and pips. I never use it. We've complained about it forever, but to no avail.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
The minion is SUPPOSED to taunt enemies, then shield and heal so it doesn't die. Mostly it just shields and heals itself at full health. It has its uses, but it's pretty bad.

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010
The point of having a minion for storm is that : You can focus on attacking, they can focus on healing and shielding

Yes, the storm minion often heals and shields itself rather than healing and shielding you, but the reason it does that is so that it can stay alive too - The minion has a spell called "Taunt" and it makes the enemy target them instead of you, so you can focus on attacking. I thought the minion was useless until I thought of it this way. If you are summoning the minion so that it can defeat the enemy, then you should change the way you play the school of storm.

ALSO: You do get a minion who attacks called mokompo.

This minion shouldn't get so much hate, I use it all the time. (I'm lvl 95)
The minions are meant to benefit the summoner and the school they are in, which in this case, the minion does exactly that.

AdamStormTamer lvl 95

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
How come a "Storm" elemental only knows one storm spell? False advertising at best.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
Well, I agree about the Water Minion.. he is pretty useless.. Even the heals he gives you are small so it doesn't help much and his taunt hardly ever works as well...

BUT Good news Storm Wizards!

I can't remember what level I was when I got it, But Storm Wizards now have a new minion at level 75 I think.. it is the Mokompo Warrior. he will Attack, Give shields and blades.