Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Krokotopia based off Harry Potter?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
I just started playing wizard 101 again after taking a break, and this break has been since Dragonspyre was the last world, I got into Krok again. So, as I'm listening to one guy talking he said something based off Harry Potter. I truly am a fan of both wizard and HP, but if anybody knows why or thinks the same plz comment.

I am Brynn Frostblossom , Kymma Thunderrider , Morgan Shadowspear , Rosslyn Winterblossom , Fionna Firebreeze , and Taryn Shadowspear .

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
6 wizards on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
I just started playing wizard 101 again after taking a break, and this break has been since Dragonspyre was the last world, I got into Krok again. So, as I'm listening to one guy talking he said something based off Harry Potter. I truly am a fan of both wizard and HP, but if anybody knows why or thinks the same plz comment.

I am Brynn Frostblossom , Kymma Thunderrider , Morgan Shadowspear , Rosslyn Winterblossom , Fionna Firebreeze , and Taryn Shadowspear .
No.
Nothing is 'based; on any other game/book/film. There are many, many "easter eggs" within the game - hidden, or not so hidden, references to pop culture. This is one of those.

Explorer
Jul 24, 2010
The whole game seems to be inspired by Harry Potter.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2013
I don't think Krokotopia is based off of Harry Potter, but Wysteria is.

Malorn Ravenfriend and and just a little

Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
RavenLady777 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
No.
Nothing is 'based; on any other game/book/film. There are many, many "easter eggs" within the game - hidden, or not so hidden, references to pop culture. This is one of those.
It doesn't seem that way to me. I'm with boom459's statement. The whole game seems to be based off this. Some key things would be 'order of the fire', or from Harry Potter 'Order of the Phoenix'. How about 'chamber of fire', Harry Potter 'Chamber of Secrets'. I wasn't trying to sound like I was saying, 'Oh wizard101 copied Krok from Harry Potter without giving credit' I just meant it seems to be like they took a few of the ideas and changed them to be different! That was all I was doing! And I used to play this game when Dragonspyre (However you spell it, I'm tired) was the highest world. I am not saying that the other worlds are bad, but they should have just left it at dragonspyre!

If any of you would like to be my friend, I'm perfectly fine with that. The character I play most is Brynn Frostblossom (Lv 15) Thank you for replying.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
6 wizards on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
It doesn't seem that way to me. I'm with boom459's statement. The whole game seems to be based off this. Some key things would be 'order of the fire', or from Harry Potter 'Order of the Phoenix'. How about 'chamber of fire', Harry Potter 'Chamber of Secrets'. I wasn't trying to sound like I was saying, 'Oh wizard101 copied Krok from Harry Potter without giving credit' I just meant it seems to be like they took a few of the ideas and changed them to be different! That was all I was doing! And I used to play this game when Dragonspyre (However you spell it, I'm tired) was the highest world. I am not saying that the other worlds are bad, but they should have just left it at dragonspyre!

If any of you would like to be my friend, I'm perfectly fine with that. The character I play most is Brynn Frostblossom (Lv 15) Thank you for replying.
Just because it's a wizarding world and has the easter eggs I mentioned, doesn't mean it's based on any one book/movie series. Did they use parts for inspiration? Sure... I never said they didn't. They have also used the legend of Arthur... much more obvious in that we have Merle Ambrose as Merlin, Morganthe...well that's kind of self-evident with Morgan le Fae and the world of Avalon itself. And don't forget the Monty Python references... hardly close to Harry Potter.

I have been playing about the same length of time - and do agree that the worlds up to and including Dragonspyre are the best. :)

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Yea, I've noticed. I'm a big fan of HP, and I was thinking the same thing.

Lauren DawnLeaf
Level 24

Survivor
Aug 16, 2014
RavenLady777 on Sep 5, 2014 wrote:
Just because it's a wizarding world and has the easter eggs I mentioned, doesn't mean it's based on any one book/movie series. Did they use parts for inspiration? Sure... I never said they didn't. They have also used the legend of Arthur... much more obvious in that we have Merle Ambrose as Merlin, Morganthe...well that's kind of self-evident with Morgan le Fae and the world of Avalon itself. And don't forget the Monty Python references... hardly close to Harry Potter.

I have been playing about the same length of time - and do agree that the worlds up to and including Dragonspyre are the best. :)
One thing, I haven't heard of Monty Python so I have no clue what that is. And it is very close to Harry Potter. Cyrus is like professor Snape! I think I made myself clear in the last message that I do not have any clue about avalon or what the world itself is like! I'm only back in Krok. If you don't believe me, then look it up on wikipedia! I just did for the main storyline of this now what has been twisted game! I mean, I love the game but you don't have to add new worlds, Huh? But that's off topic, any way I'm now just asking if you think the same way comment.
And Ravenlady777, what character are you?

Brynn Frostblossom, level 16

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
While there are cool Easter eggs hidden throughout wizard101 I can soundly assure you that krokotopia is based off of ancient Egypt.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
6 wizards on Sep 7, 2014 wrote:
One thing, I haven't heard of Monty Python so I have no clue what that is. And it is very close to Harry Potter. Cyrus is like professor Snape! I think I made myself clear in the last message that I do not have any clue about avalon or what the world itself is like! I'm only back in Krok. If you don't believe me, then look it up on wikipedia! I just did for the main storyline of this now what has been twisted game! I mean, I love the game but you don't have to add new worlds, Huh? But that's off topic, any way I'm now just asking if you think the same way comment.
And Ravenlady777, what character are you?

Brynn Frostblossom, level 16
There's very little in the way of direct Harry Potter referrences. There's a LOT more referrences to King Arthur and Merlin, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Dr Who, Sherlock Holmes and loads of history, popular music, movies and books.