Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching question!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
I know i may sound dumb but i'm a lvl 72 ice wizard and i've never hatched before. i've always wondered though, if you hatch 2 pets and you get a pet out of them, are your 2 original pets gone now? or do you now have 3 pets? does this make sense? i'm just worried to hatch because i dont wanna loose my 2 pets that i hatch together. Thanks!

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
hi there, when you hatch to pets together you still have your original too pets (they dont change) and a new baby pet that is a mix of the too (as we call parents) traits. once you do hatch if a trait you were really wanting on the new pet does not come out by adult it is worth hatching again with the pet that has it again.

am willing to help any way i can i am in pet pavilion most days in front of hatchery doors having a laugh with fellow wizards or at the dancing game training

good luck in your
Justin dragontalon level77

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
genasea1 on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
I know i may sound dumb but i'm a lvl 72 ice wizard and i've never hatched before. i've always wondered though, if you hatch 2 pets and you get a pet out of them, are your 2 original pets gone now? or do you now have 3 pets? does this make sense? i'm just worried to hatch because i dont wanna loose my 2 pets that i hatch together. Thanks!
The two original pets are not affected and remain in your backpack, so that means you will have three pets in your backpack.

Delver
Oct 29, 2013
You won't lose any pets. If you hatch two of your own pets you'll keep the two "parents" and have an offspring. If you and another wizard hatch a pet together with one pet each, each wizard will keep the "parent" he/she contributed to the hatch and receive an offspring.

Miranda Nightsinger, Exalted Necromancer
Scarlet Windhammer, Legendary Pyromancer
Iridian Lotusblade, Master Sorcerer
Sabrina Boomblossom, Adept Theurgist

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
if you hatch with someone you will get either a duplicate of your pet you hatched with or their pet. but no matter what it wont take away your pet.

Survivor
Aug 03, 2009
When you hatch a pet, your pet stays with you and you also get a egg. I believe there is a 50/50 chance on getting a pet like yours or your partner(or other pet if you hatch 2 of your own).

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Your two pets would still be in your backpack, it's not gone...

-------------------------
Exalted
Harbinger of Light