Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop hating on jades

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
Recently I've been in the arena with my jade gear. I don't do rank pvp wit it I mainly quest with it, although I do use it in pvp parties it's fun to jade it just is. How ever lately I've been called trash. One guy said wow a jade balance your bad kid, no reason just cause I had the gear on. I don't ever hate on jades even before I had the jade gear and I feel other people should stop hating on them as well.

Defender
May 06, 2011
Jade Armor is known to have a LOT of good stats, resist, accuracy, etc. It really annoys people, as they think that the Jade person is trying to win ranked everytime, it's the reason of why that guy said you were bad at PvP.

Katherine Dragonblade, Level 83

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
People hate jades in the arena because they're basically invincible. Either they spam Bad Juju at you until you ragequit, or they have a massive heal boost and come back to life with guardian spirit. And then Dark Nova with like 3 feints 1hits you. Or they just drag out the match forever. That's why people hate jades, with good reason.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Robobot1747 on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
People hate jades in the arena because they're basically invincible. Either they spam Bad Juju at you until you ragequit, or they have a massive heal boost and come back to life with guardian spirit. And then Dark Nova with like 3 feints 1hits you. Or they just drag out the match forever. That's why people hate jades, with good reason.
It's good reason to hate someone for using a winning strategy? It might be frustrating to lose to them, but it's YOUR lack of a counter strategy that loses the match, not their armor.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
seethe42 on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
It's good reason to hate someone for using a winning strategy? It might be frustrating to lose to them, but it's YOUR lack of a counter strategy that loses the match, not their armor.
Please explain to me how I can do anything after I have 300 Bad Jujus on me.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seethe42 on Aug 30, 2014 wrote:
A counter Strategy is only good for so many Strategies, you cannot be prepared for all of them.
This is reality, no question about it, you can set up for one type of Jade, and be at a disadvantage
for all other schools.
It's not the frustration of losing to them, it's the huge amount of time it takes if you miss the one
window of opportunity that you have. Yes, you have usually one chance to beat them, just
before they reshuffle for the first time. If you don't beat them then, you chances just decreased
dramatically.

I really get annoyed when I hear people say get a better Strategy, that is simple bull.

Tell me how to beat a Life that spams Traps that you cannot remove, over and over.
Once they critical Guardian spirit, it becomes very hard, and the timing is critical.
After three Trap rows spammed, and having bad juju spammed from the side deck,
it's not all that easy. Just one example of many that the Jades use.

What KI needs to have in a side quest is a spell that will allow you to remove all traps.
Free to anyone that is level 60 and above, that would be a great help, and would be easy
for KI to do.

Just my opinion on the matter, and I have see many of the top players complain of the same.
Before you reply, just go watch Corwin play a few matches.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Veracity8 on Sep 1, 2014 wrote:
A counter Strategy is only good for so many Strategies, you cannot be prepared for all of them.
This is reality, no question about it, you can set up for one type of Jade, and be at a disadvantage
for all other schools.
It's not the frustration of losing to them, it's the huge amount of time it takes if you miss the one
window of opportunity that you have. Yes, you have usually one chance to beat them, just
before they reshuffle for the first time. If you don't beat them then, you chances just decreased
dramatically.

I really get annoyed when I hear people say get a better Strategy, that is simple bull.

Tell me how to beat a Life that spams Traps that you cannot remove, over and over.
Once they critical Guardian spirit, it becomes very hard, and the timing is critical.
After three Trap rows spammed, and having bad juju spammed from the side deck,
it's not all that easy. Just one example of many that the Jades use.

What KI needs to have in a side quest is a spell that will allow you to remove all traps.
Free to anyone that is level 60 and above, that would be a great help, and would be easy
for KI to do.

Just my opinion on the matter, and I have see many of the top players complain of the same.
Before you reply, just go watch Corwin play a few matches.
You cannot repeatedly spam juju, it's 3 pips and removed by loads of spells for 0-1 pip. Traps can be easily removed too. The cards are available to counter any strategy, you just choose not to use them. Yes it's hard to prepare for every possible strategy, the same is true for jade players. There are many counters to jades, and jades can't prepare for them all either. It's all a part of the PvP game.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
seethe42 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
You cannot repeatedly spam juju, it's 3 pips and removed by loads of spells for 0-1 pip. Traps can be easily removed too. The cards are available to counter any strategy, you just choose not to use them. Yes it's hard to prepare for every possible strategy, the same is true for jade players. There are many counters to jades, and jades can't prepare for them all either. It's all a part of the PvP game.
So you're assuming that I will have a wand attack or low pip useless spell that costs less than Bad Juju? Every single time the jade uses it? And that I won't run out?

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 2, 2014 wrote:
Seethe42,

I agree, you cannot spam Juju each and every round, but you can use 9 of them and 6 weakness, the
first run before the reshuffle. That effectively shuts you down, you cannot attack and do any damage at all.
Now, after the first reshuffle, they have 18 bad juju's and 12 weakness, and it only goes up from there.
Please remember that you only have 6 to 7 wands and maybe 3 or small spells in your deck.
Yes, I can use Empower to get them off, but you can only carry so many of those.
Are there other spells to remove them, sure but your into your TC at this point, and it's a losing battle.
Switching from Death Jade over to Life Jade, there is no way to remove the Life Traps, unless you are
a Myth, which I am not. The point of my post is that there are some Strategies that are extremely hard to
counter, with a person wearing Jade. Ignoring Jade, even the strategy of mega heals is very very difficult
to beat, as Corwin the Life has proved countless times.
Yes, it's all part of the PvP game, but when a certain setup is almost impossible to beat, it's a problem.
I don't see where it helps the game at all, having a match where you almost have no chance at all.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Robobot1747 on Aug 31, 2014 wrote:
Please explain to me how I can do anything after I have 300 Bad Jujus on me.
This.

You might as well just flee if you haven't made progress after the first Reshuffle. People who haven't fought death jades just don't get it, they still somehow think there's a way. (There's not.)

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Lucas Rain on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
This.

You might as well just flee if you haven't made progress after the first Reshuffle. People who haven't fought death jades just don't get it, they still somehow think there's a way. (There's not.)
Lucas, I just got one thing to say about this post, Thank You.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Cleanse charm is 0 pips and ALWAYS available in TC form.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
seethe42 on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
Very true, and if I packed my sidedeck with them, I would lose most PVP matches that I have.
Plus, in the first reshuffle, I will use 15 of them, just about half of my TC. In the next reshuffle, I will
need another 30 of them, and all I can carry is 34 max. So, it just doesn't work in a real match.

Nice idea, but if you can go up against a Jade Death, and have your side filled wtih 34 Cleanse
charm, and still win all of your other matchs against Storm, Fire, Ice, etc, I bow before you.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
So what's the solution...

...create a non jade PVP or tournament match?

But then what happens when two or more wizards show up and everyone's wearing jade!!?

Do they meet in real life to have a staring contest, play rock, paper, scissor...

...or settle things like macho wizards and simply have a brutal, all-out thumb of war to the death match!?!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Cleanse charm doesn't always show and the jade has way more Jujus. Also, you're going to be understaffed in the TC department if you've filled your entire side deck with Cleanse.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
No, that's not a good solution. Consider your vulnerabilities while you attempt to make that work:
  • have to be lucky enough to find cleanse cards in your side deck
  • have to find multiple rounds when opponent is not spamming you with something else (weakness, infection, dispels) to prevent you from cleansing the Bad Juju
  • have to use cleanse consecutively until you are clean of Bad Juju and then remain clear of them so you can retaliate
  • have to not run out of cleanse and/or other clearing moves

Face it, it doesn't work.

When you pile on this many requirements for a strategem to work, the probability of success becomes nigh laughable. All the opponent has to do is see that you are trying to escape the cloaked Juju cage, and one singular move puts you right back in.

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010
in 1v1 you can shut down jade juju spammers. death dispel is 2 pips juju is 3? you can just keep stacking that on them like they do juju and they will end up quitting as you would from just cheap frustration. long as you keep drawing them you shut them down.

or hmm change juju to ingore all resistance and do 1500 self damage to put a -90 on the other guy.

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
Lucas Rain on Sep 3, 2014 wrote:
This.

I've beaten a death jade I've only played 3 but they are not impossible however going first is the only way your gonna have a chance at winning. I mainly win thou because I'm balance and he had a pet that casted fortify so I was able to deal damage off with low pips.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
masterryan1969 on Sep 19, 2014 wrote:
in 1v1 you can shut down jade juju spammers. death dispel is 2 pips juju is 3? you can just keep stacking that on them like they do juju and they will end up quitting as you would from just cheap frustration. long as you keep drawing them you shut them down.

or hmm change juju to ingore all resistance and do 1500 self damage to put a -90 on the other guy.
Your second fix is pointless, a 1500 damage juju if you factor in damage but not resist will do massive damage, probably more than the amount prevented by the incoming hit assuming you do it right. And then your opponent just wands it off. Also, death dispel requires you to set for the jade, which causes problems similar to cleanse charm; if you do that, you'll get destroyed by non-jades. It's also useless unless you have Death mastery.