Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitch with Ring Mana

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
I have several rings for my wizard and change them depending on the schools I fight against. I've noticed when I switch rings my mana drops. I have a total of 476 mana and I'm wearing Sir Corwin's Ring (+176 mana ring) and when I switch rings by double-clicking on the Three-Lored Seal ring (also +176 mana ring) my mana drops to 300. This doesn't happen with my health only the mana. Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Certain pieces of gear contain bonuses to health and mana as you are aware. The way the game is designed, when you remove a piece of gear that contains additional health/mana, you remove the bonus as well. The fact that you replace/exchange said piece with another requires you to have to replenish the health/mana lost. While in the base camp area of a zone, or in WC, you slowly regen health, but not mana, which is why there are blue wisps everywhere in those areas and not red ones.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Yes. Just go find Mana Wisps, or just go into the battle. I have some 600 Mana that only gets refiled if I happen to run into a Mana Wisp in a non-combat zone.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
That's normal. In order to put on your second ring, you have to take off the first one. In effect, equipping a new ring triggers both the unequip command for the original ring and then the equip command for the new one. There is a split second in where your maximum mana is 300 (after you take off the first ring, but before you put on the second), and so your mana drops to the current maximum.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2014
It is not a bug or "glitch" since your ring gives you 176? and you have a total of 476, Once you take the ring off it deducts the mana that the ring gave you. since the ring is no longer on it only gives you mana when it is equipped

Hope this helped your problem

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
Okay I hear all of your comments so far. I think we agree that when you change a ring you lose you mana and must replenish the mana. Why is it when I change robes that increase my health +176 for another robe that increases my health +176 my health does Not go down.

To put another way, when I change two rings of identically increasing mana my total mana is reduced but when I change two robes of identically increasing health my total health is Not reduced.

Does this happen to your wizard too?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
6d8camaro on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Okay I hear all of your comments so far. I think we agree that when you change a ring you lose you mana and must replenish the mana. Why is it when I change robes that increase my health +176 for another robe that increases my health +176 my health does Not go down.

To put another way, when I change two rings of identically increasing mana my total mana is reduced but when I change two robes of identically increasing health my total health is Not reduced.

Does this happen to your wizard too?
It works exactly the same with health and robes as the mana and rings. Your health doesn't stay the same when changing gear. It drops by the amount given by whatever piece of gear it is.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
I'm sorry but I disagree. My wizard's health does not drop when I change gear. Is there a way I can post a video of it? Have you tried it on your wizard?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
6d8camaro on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry but I disagree. My wizard's health does not drop when I change gear. Is there a way I can post a video of it? Have you tried it on your wizard?
Yes I change gear all the time on all of my wizards. Health drops when changing gear too. Perhaps you don't notice becaue you changed in a common area where it heals back?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
6d8camaro on Aug 28, 2014 wrote:
I believe what your describing is related to the link below. See the comment posted by Angel Eyes.

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?389592-You-know-your-losing-a-battle-when-no-cards-available