Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Energy gear Question

AuthorMessage
Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Ok, I've been wondering this for a LONG time now. Why does "energy gear" (items that give you a boost to your energy) give you benefits for things other than energy? I understand that you can utilize it in other ways, but the MAIN purpose of those items is for giving extra energy (for pet training, gardening, and now fishing). As I see it, energy gear should give bonuses to things that would use the energy. Faster energy replenishment, energy cost reduction, etc... ANYTHING but bonuses to life, offense, & defense. I KNOW I cant be the only one to feel this way. Imagine how good energy gear would be if they only gave energy related benefits? They could ramp up the energy bonus, plus give other benefits (like what I listed above, etc)

Survivor
May 08, 2014
dayerider on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Ok, I've been wondering this for a LONG time now. Why does "energy gear" (items that give you a boost to your energy) give you benefits for things other than energy? I understand that you can utilize it in other ways, but the MAIN purpose of those items is for giving extra energy (for pet training, gardening, and now fishing). As I see it, energy gear should give bonuses to things that would use the energy. Faster energy replenishment, energy cost reduction, etc... ANYTHING but bonuses to life, offense, & defense. I KNOW I cant be the only one to feel this way. Imagine how good energy gear would be if they only gave energy related benefits? They could ramp up the energy bonus, plus give other benefits (like what I listed above, etc)
You have a great idea for KI to add better and unique energy bonuses to energy gear. I hope someone reads this and considers the dire need for better energy gear.

As for the other traits on the gear, its never better than other gear out there for your level, BUT, it is nice to go kill stuff with energy gear still on. For players who do not have multiple sets of gear, having some viable traits and some bonus energy to boot is a big help.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I understand the desire for energy only based boosts, but the gear the way it is allows a little of both. It's nice to be able to fight your your way into some dungeons to fish, for example, without losing that energy boost by changing gear.