Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I solo the Mallistare dungeon?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Hi I am level 53 almost 54 balance and I just got the Final Countdown quest(sooooo excited) so I was wondering: Can I solo this dungeon? I have soloed every final dungeon in every world before this one but I heard Mallistare is going to show up so I'm not sure if I can handle it..
But does anyone know if it's possible? And if you've soloed it at around my level, please give me tips.
Thanks for your comments.
Myrna Dragoncloud

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Hi I am level 53 almost 54 balance and I just got the Final Countdown quest(sooooo excited) so I was wondering: Can I solo this dungeon? I have soloed every final dungeon in every world before this one but I heard Mallistare is going to show up so I'm not sure if I can handle it..
But does anyone know if it's possible? And if you've soloed it at around my level, please give me tips.
Myrna Dragoncloud
Yes. I've done it. It takes time and planning but it can be done. My level was lower than yours in each instance so you should be fine.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Yes it's possible. My Balance wizard soloed it at around lvl 45. Just be prepared with gear changes for the different battles if you are going solo.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Hey thanks for the suggestions. This morning, I clicked the team up button, and so I got in with three other wizards, and made two new friends.
Maybe I'll solo it though, because I want better gear from Mallistare(I got nothing.)

Survivor
Sep 05, 2014
Yes, it is possible to solo malistaire and his dungeon, although I suggest bringing some friends with you because it does get pretty intense. Also I would get a pet that can cast amplify, and also heal.

Hope this helped
Autumn Silver Staff Level 38 ice
(the only reason I know about this dungeon is because I also have a level 72 storm wizard, but I like my ice wiz more)

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Myrna Dragoncloud
I think Jack Frost from Tube soloed it. But his friend took him there and left. Jack Frost has dragonspire now. So any level can solo him if you have right tc. Jack Frost soloed mount at level 30. So if you are right class you can do it. Jack Frost was ice of course. Adam Level 67 Fallon Austinvet of pvp

Explorer
May 09, 2011
You can, but it will be VERY HARD!!! I suggest bringing many Helping Hands spells, and you are almost level 55 as well, so I suggest taking the second GH quest to get the spell "Availing Hands" which is about twice as good. Do not forget to bring your Power Nova spell, as that is your most valuable asset in the dungeon. It puts a -30% weakness on the opponents, and that will be the bosses' downfall. Use Power Nova when you see that the boss has very high pips. The weakness will shield some damage from you. Also use Hydra on the bosses whenever possible. It will do lots of damage with three schools, so for example: the fire colossus in the dungeon is Fire, so the Ice and Storm attacks will do the damage, and the Fire attack will break any shields that the boss had put on beforehand. Also combine this with Elemental Blade and Trap. You might be wondering, "Where do the Spirit spells come in?" You will need to get to level 68 to gain the Chimera, which will likely be long after you fight Malistaire. I have no wizards of that level, but there are videos on how to fight him. There is one of a Sorcerer fighting him for Chimera. I suggest you watch that video for tips on how to fight him.

Survivor
May 23, 2010
I wouldn't try I would bring a team of your high level friends like i brought my level 100 balance friend and my level 87 fire and level 96 storm friend hope this helps