Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Old Cob, Bartleby, Lady Nightstar and 3rd Arc.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
Old Cob is the most likely candidate for the 3rd arc villain, or is he? Surely in each war there must be a good side, evil side, and neutral side. If the stories of Old Cob being Grandfather Spider are true, then Old Cob, Raven & Bartleby must be the three sides if war ever comes to pass. In the titan war, Bartleby fought for only peace, proving himself to be the good side in a war. That leaves Grandmother Raven & Grandfather Spider, or Lady Nightstar & Old Cob to be neutral or evil. Obviously Old Cob must be evil, but in Khrysalis, he helps you, even if he tells his children to make war. He seems like both good and evil, or neutral in this case. So how can Raven be evil? Well, even if we know the Coven trapped her, why would they trap a being of such power, if they knew that the Raven would get revenge when freed? Had the Coven been thinking about something other than their own gain when they trapped her? And if she did give Bartleby those eyes, what would she gain from the Eye of Past? Surely all three beings remember the past rather clearly, but what if the past that she wanted had been altered in that eye? If Bartleby began to forget things, and Raven could tell him her version of the past, a past where she was good, would she? And why did Spider and Raven go from playing, to Raven throwing Spider into the ground and trapping him? My theory is that Spider found out about Raven lying to Bartleby, and he confronted her about it. But she couldn't risk her secret spreading, so she threw Spider & locked him away. But from Spider's unfinished business grew shadows clawing their way out of the caves to warn Merle & Bartleby. The shadows could have appealed to the Coven, as new magic was what they were after. But the shadows overtook them, and used them to trap Raven, then the shadows decided that their business was finished, so they'd cause chaos, because shadows are only able to be controlled by the thing that makes them. Old Cob/Spider woke up from his slumber, and made his way to the world that was the area of the first world he fell into, that had in fact become Khrysalis. When he woke, 'the Chosen' was in Khrysalis, so when you defeated Morganthe, he set himself and his children (shadows) free to look at the world and do several things. I'll add those things onto this post later, but what do you think? Do you have any more points? Could Grandmother Raven be the 3rd arc villain? Or am I just overthinking this like I do with everything?

Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
it is pretty obvious old cob is the new villain.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
Old Cob is the most likely candidate for the 3rd arc villain, or is he? Surely in each war there must be a good side, evil side, and neutral side. If the stories of Old Cob being Grandfather Spider are true, then Old Cob, Raven & Bartleby must be the three sides if war ever comes to pass. In the titan war, Bartleby fought for only peace, proving himself to be the good side in a war. That leaves Grandmother Raven & Grandfather Spider, or Lady Nightstar & Old Cob to be neutral or evil. Obviously Old Cob must be evil, but in Khrysalis, he helps you, even if he tells his children to make war. He seems like both good and evil, or neutral in this case. So how can Raven be evil? Well, even if we know the Coven trapped her, why would they trap a being of such power, if they knew that the Raven would get revenge when freed? Had the Coven been thinking about something other than their own gain when they trapped her? And if she did give Bartleby those eyes, what would she gain from the Eye of Past? Surely all three beings remember the past rather clearly, but what if the past that she wanted had been altered in that eye? If Bartleby began to forget things, and Raven could tell him her version of the past, a past where she was good, would she? And why did Spider and Raven go from playing, to Raven throwing Spider into the ground and trapping him? My theory is that Spider found out about Raven lying to Bartleby, and he confronted her about it. But she couldn't risk her secret spreading, so she threw Spider & locked him away. But from Spider's unfinished business grew shadows clawing their way out of the caves to warn Merle & Bartleby. The shadows could have appealed to the Coven, as new magic was what they were after. But the shadows overtook them, and used them to trap Raven, then the shadows decided that their business was finished, so they'd cause chaos, because shadows are only able to be controlled by the thing that makes them. Old Cob/Spider woke up from his slumber, and made his way to the world that was the area of the first world he fell into, that had in fact become Khrysalis. When he woke, 'the Chosen' was in Khrysalis, so when you defeated Morganthe, he set himself and his children (shadows) free to look at the world and do several things. I'll add those things onto this post later, but what do you think? Do you have any more points? Could Grandmother Raven be the 3rd arc villain? Or am I just overthinking this like I do with everything?
There is NO mention anywhere in the game of a Grandfather Spider The only thing we know about Cob is that he was imprisoned by Grandmother Raven a long time ago. This whole Grandfather Spider is fan fiction. He and his children will likely be the villains in the next arc.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
seethe42 on Aug 11, 2014 wrote:
There is NO mention anywhere in the game of a Grandfather Spider The only thing we know about Cob is that he was imprisoned by Grandmother Raven a long time ago. This whole Grandfather Spider is fan fiction. He and his children will likely be the villains in the next arc.
Have you heard of of the quests 'Shadows of History' & 'Shades of Shadow'? Given by Zaltanna the Mirrormask? In the first quest (http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shadows_of_History) you are told to find 6 orbs across Khrysalis. In the next (http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shades_of_Shadow), you listen to the story told by the orbs. This story mentions Raven & Spider playing across the sky. Grandmother Raven, or course, and Grandfather Spider too. And if Cob was imprisoned, and Grandfather Spider too, then they are probably the same. I'm not denying that Old Cob & his 'children' (I use quotation marks due to my theory of them being the shadows his sleep made) are probably the next villains, but it would be amazing if Grandmother Raven was the next enemy, she could summon her children like the Norns & Coven.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blaze Sandblade on Aug 12, 2014 wrote:
Have you heard of of the quests 'Shadows of History' & 'Shades of Shadow'? Given by Zaltanna the Mirrormask? In the first quest (http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shadows_of_History) you are told to find 6 orbs across Khrysalis. In the next (http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Shades_of_Shadow), you listen to the story told by the orbs. This story mentions Raven & Spider playing across the sky. Grandmother Raven, or course, and Grandfather Spider too. And if Cob was imprisoned, and Grandfather Spider too, then they are probably the same. I'm not denying that Old Cob & his 'children' (I use quotation marks due to my theory of them being the shadows his sleep made) are probably the next villains, but it would be amazing if Grandmother Raven was the next enemy, she could summon her children like the Norns & Coven.
Again it never calls him Grandfather Spider. It merely mentions that he was an age old enemy of the Raven. You made the leap to calling him Grandfather. Bartleby is the Grandfather Tree, his sister and ally the Great Raven, Lady Nightstar her other name is mentioned also. She gave him his sight when he created the spiral. From the snippets we got Cob has always been the enemy. His contribution was creating the Shadow Web. It makes absolutely no sense for Raven to become a villain. She gave Bartelby two eyes, for future and history. He would have seen her as an enemy to the spiral with his existing future sight.