Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is it possible to catch Sharkspeare?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
I'm very annoyed that I can't catch a Sharkspeare in Olde Town. No, it's not how I catch it, it's that it NEVER appears in the water hole. I've emptied the hole 10+ times, and still, the only fish I see are Balance fish and Ice fish.

Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to catch a Sharkspeare in a water hole that is NOT in Olde Town?

-Nick level 100

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
I'm very annoyed that I can't catch a Sharkspeare in Olde Town. No, it's not how I catch it, it's that it NEVER appears in the water hole. I've emptied the hole 10+ times, and still, the only fish I see are Balance fish and Ice fish.

Anyway, I was wondering if it is possible to catch a Sharkspeare in a water hole that is NOT in Olde Town?

-Nick level 100
Wow. I caught it in Olde Town on accident.

If it helps, that fish is school.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:

-Nick level 100
Oh, and no, it is only in Olde Town.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
NeoNebula17 on Aug 1, 2014 wrote:
Wow. I caught it in Olde Town on accident.

If it helps, that fish is school.
It's an Ice Fish?? This whole time I thought it was a Storm Fish, as said on various Blogs. Thanks for the help!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nicholas Hawkspear on Aug 2, 2014 wrote:
It's an Ice Fish?? This whole time I thought it was a Storm Fish, as said on various Blogs. Thanks for the help!
It's Ice and yes, you can catch one. It is not easy...took me a bunch of tries but I did it...using a balance lure. LOL

Survivor
Jun 24, 2013
To me its impossible but on my balance i got it the first try i don't get it
Ryan DeathVault

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Yes it is possible.

I found it also helps to use the reveal school spell, then run into the balance fish to make them go away so you are left with ice fish. Then use ice lure when there are less of the undesirable fish around.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
With some of my wizards, I caught it right away. A couple of them took a while to find one, including one wizard that caught three Owl-Eyed Pikes in a row but no Sharkspeares. That was both amusing and frustrating at the same time.

If you're looking for a decent fishing guide, check out Duelist101. They've compiled a (complete?) list of the available fish, what school they are, and where to find them.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2012
I agree, trying to catch sharksepare fish in olde town is by far the worst and useless quest ever given in Wizard101. I got so annoyed. I spent so much time on trying to catch one, but didn’t. I caught bunch of other fish, but not sharkspeare fish, because there was NONE!

There were many other plyers that completely prevented me from seeing the fish around when trying to cast a spell. It’s really was just a very frustrating experience. I am dreading that it is still in my current quests list and I will have to complete it at some point. I guess I’ll wait until they fix all the bugs in fishing and finish it up later. Bad, extremely badly developed and poorly thought through quest.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
when I first did it. I usually got it. no more than three or four times. usually the harder ones are the catfish and the sanwhichfishes. and to a lesser extent the mechanicalfish.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
It took a while, but I managed to catch it in Old Town using the storm lure. I've caught it twice so far. I've been rather lucky when it comes to fishing.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2013
Accidentally got in olde town took soooooooooo long though

Tarlac LegendSpear Level 87