Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hades gear in pvp

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 30, 2009
Hi i have been playing wizard101 for about 4 years. I have mostly found my self doing pvp. Pvp in the first age was a bit messed up with the puppets and all that but it didn't affect my death. My death is currently level 61. He had 2000+ rank. Notice how i said "had". I lost almost 200 rank fighting players with high critical. It's so unfair, especially playing second turn. I have 120 block and whenever a i face a player with critical, i will never block. Pvp used to be about playing your cards right. Now its 100% luck. I do not understand why this is considered fair when high ranked level 50-60 players are facing players level 100 with 80 damage and 400 critical. The only way i win against players those levels is with a critical. It's very unfair because players with critical gear have no skill what so ever. It a matter of luck now, not playing the right spell. I really hope this gear is adjusted. Also the system that places you in a match, its heavily based on rating. I mean, its not fair when a play 40+ levels faces you. And no matter what i am doing 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, there is always some sort of a critical in this match. And dont be the person to say "get more block", the block i have for my level is actually good. I think kingsisle should listen to their loyal players. Also some of this gear can be purchased with crowns, making this gear even easier to acess. To be honest, back in 1st age pvp was very fun, even when you fought puppets. There is always some sort of a flaw in pvp, i really think that this gear is just not fair to players who have no chance to block this, even with conviction. Also some players even use shadow magic, which pretty much just pierces away all of my resist. i have 49 resist so this does not seem fair. I really need an explination why people believe this is fair.

-Duncan Dreamdreamer level 61

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Shrike is fair because it's easily countered by a single shield, stuns, mantles and many other spells. With massive resists available to everyone, high pierce is the logical counter since any school can become immune to any other school, except Ice. It balances out matches and prevent high resist tanks from having all the advantage. Shrike makes people actually use defensive spells instead of purely relying on resist.

Survivor
Dec 03, 2011
gingerbreadman222 on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Hi i have been playing wizard101 for about 4 years. I have mostly found my self doing pvp. Pvp in the first age was a bit messed up with the puppets and all that but it didn't affect my death. My death is currently level 61. He had 2000+ rank. Notice how i said "had". I lost almost 200 rank fighting players with high critical. It's so unfair, especially playing second turn. I have 120 block and whenever a i face a player with critical, i will never block. Pvp used to be about playing your cards right. Now its 100% luck. I do not understand why this is considered fair when high ranked level 50-60 players are facing players level 100 with 80 damage and 400 critical. The only way i win against players those levels is with a critical. It's very unfair because players with critical gear have no skill what so ever. It a matter of luck now, not playing the right spell. I really hope this gear is adjusted. Also the system that places you in a match, its heavily based on rating. I mean, its not fair when a play 40+ levels faces you. And no matter what i am doing 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, there is always some sort of a critical in this match. And dont be the person to say "get more block", the block i have for my level is actually good. I think kingsisle should listen to their loyal players. Also some of this gear can be purchased with crowns, making this gear even easier to acess. To be honest, back in 1st age pvp was very fun, even when you fought puppets. There is always some sort of a flaw in pvp, i really think that this gear is just not fair to players who have no chance to block this, even with conviction. Also some players even use shadow magic, which pretty much just pierces away all of my resist. i have 49 resist so this does not seem fair. I really need an explination why people believe this is fair.

-Duncan Dreamdreamer level 61
I completely agree with you. The only factor that determines the winner in PvP now is luck, pure luck and no skill. Everything you have said is completely valid. Even at level 100 I find myself losing PvP matches simply because of the other players' critical or by going second. After I get a nice win streak going (even going second sometimes) I meet players who have insanely high critical and piercing and guess what? I go second. At that time, all I could do was pretty much just sit there and watch them spam low pip attacks which critical every time which I never block every time. Kingsisle has cursed this game with high critical and piercing, jade armor, and of course shadow shrike. I miss the old days when critical topped out at like 150...ah that was nice back then!